Hyundai Genesis Sedan: BMW 5-Series Copycat Fully Uncovered

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

There was rumour about the new Hyundai Genesis Sedan described as "BMW 5-Series crossed with a Lexus LS". A new set of images fully exposing the Genesis with "no cross", this is literally a “Koreanized” version of the BMW 5-Series! And you thought that only the Chinese would attempt something like this.

However, Hyundai won’t be imitating BMW in terms of pricing by charging an arm and a leg for the Genesis when it goes on sale shortly after its debut at the Detroit Show in January 2008. According to Hyundai, prices will start well-under $30,000 (approx. €20,500), or in other words, as much as BMW charges for the 3-Series sedan. And mind you, the rear-wheel-drive luxury sedan won’t be short of power as it will be equipped with a 4.6-liter V8 engine producing over 300 HP.

Source:
CarScoop

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
hmm...at least those koreans have the balls to copy bmw 5 series...make me wonder...why cant proton do the same...

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
m'sia scared got sued lol ..
lame koreans with always the copycat thing - neva ending.
dats y i hate korean cars n the spec quality of it sucks. with proton can fight oso haha

drMpower

May 1, 2006
opsss??

is that legal in the first place?

i mean, well..there is not that COPY THING .. but...

its like ur sister with Pamela's boobs. still she isnt her, but... resemblance..?

dont u dare to squeeze ur sista's boobs. (even they are like Pam's)

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
hmm...at least those koreans have the balls to copy bmw 5 series...make me wonder...why cant proton do the same...
...well potong got no ball oredi, as the name implied - oredi potong-mah!

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
looks good!

better than the

previous sonata 'gold'

P.O.S car that old sonata.

this one, nice. very good contender, and its RWD as well. just make sure it drives as well as it looks too.

congrats Hyundai.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Copying may help them sell a proven package but the lack of originality will prevent them from charging a premium.

alan_kylim

Jul 8, 2007
Melaka
copy or dint copy, the fact is proton didnt make any money... proton = potong... its real! the car price some more not cheap! now even the petrol price also want to increase!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last week when i sent my car to change tires, and i also told the mechanic to clean away the dust in the drums...but recently, my handbrake was so tight where 1 or 2 clicks will prevent the car from rolling if i engage D mode..previously when i engage D mode, the car will move abit... so, when i try to remove the brake drum cover, it was so tight and eventually removal was successful, but fitting it back was super hard, the cover blocked by the brake shoe...hmm..not to mention, left drum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience