Small and budget notebook to tune your standalone ECU and Piggy back ECU- ASUS Eee PC

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Re: Small and budget notebook to tune your standalone ECU and Piggy back ECU- ASUS Ee

The Eee PC could actually be a good tool for tuning aftermarket ECU provided if you can live with the limited space, low processing speed and limited RAM. However, if its going to be "only" used as a laptop for tuning, it should be sufficient as most ECU softwares are not power/resource hungry. Also, you'll need an external USB optical drive to install softwares. Not sure how its BIOS works but it should have an option to boot via USB device.

For laptops without a serial port, you can install virtual COM ports on Windows with modded cables such as Nokia's DKU-5 or etc. These USB cables have integrated chip inside them that allows you to install drives to trick Windows to think that your PC/laptop has serial port.

I've tried the DIY cable with E-manage and it works... even on Windows Vista. No need those expensive Serial-USB convertors.

Just my 2 cents =)
Hello,
Where can i get the virtual COM ports software or installer? Any web site
Where can i get the DIY cable ? any circuit diagram ? Any web site
Thanks in advance.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Re: Small and budget notebook to tune your standalone ECU and Piggy back ECU- ASUS Ee

Just launch at Malaysia last week...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

Hello,
More detail please!:hmmmm:
Just hear from a fren that Asus Eee PC just launch at Asus shop in KL dun knoe at where I think Low Yat if not mistaken last Friday..
They are selling as mention at RM 1299 for promotion onli..
Actual price is at RM 1699 ...
This is what I knoe..hehehehe... check out at nearst computer shop...

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007

Anyone know where I can purchase the cable for connecting asus laptop to car for ecu tuning? ty

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005

Hello pcmoddingmy ,
Thanks in advance

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya

they're selling at RM1699, if you guy want, I can get it from distributor

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005

Hello pcmoddingmy ,
Thanks in advance:listen:

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007

anyone know where to buy cable? =/

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys and girls,

Did you manage to catch us on NST - Cars, Bikes & Trucks last Sunday 1st of May 2005?

Sorry the scan is rather small. Hope you guys managed to read the actual document.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience