I wreck my MR2 :(

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Khoo are you the new owner of iexit car? Need to take it easy with MR not only MR2. It has a character of it's own and not a very forgiving one as you have heard from so many new owners. Whack it and it will bite you back. Truly a drivers' car not one with all the gizmos like Skylines (he he) or the pappa rich 350z, Evos, Scoobies but raw back to basics stuff....just you and the machine bro.

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
The caused of this accident is i dodged a bastard light green Vitara+Idiot auntie who suddenly turn into my direction..........the speed is around 90-110km/h+drizzly wheather.........360*spin....then the car smash to road kerbs........front bumper crack....rear rims n dics was break-apart........not a major case but quite saddish la...........dun knw when i can bring back my 2............!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Khoo are you the new owner of iexit car? Need to take it easy with MR not only MR2. It has a character of it's own and not a very forgiving one as you have heard from so many new owners. Whack it and it will bite you back. Truly a drivers' car not one with all the gizmos like Skylines (he he) or the pappa rich 350z, Evos, Scoobies but raw back to basics stuff....just you and the machine bro.
Ya.....i get the lesson after dis incident..........drive slow-slow ok liow...........

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Got picture ar bro ?
i tried to post but cannot la........dun knw why leyh????? previously can....but now when i click INSERT IMAGE then got URL.....last time can browse 1 ma.................

Last edited:

kazamai

Known Member
Aug 15, 2008
err khoo..ur accident arr?drive slowly bro...very sad to heard that...just cll me if ur need help...

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
The law of physics is some thing no rubber can go against... YES Brian that includes a condom

But good to know your ok and thats the most important thing.

Yes lets have our JOM pandu up and running again.. maybe we re-brand as advance driving course... get some of the guru's to teach :-) No prizes just lessons :-) and fun

-- Khoo, ouch... sad story but as long as driver ok. Bumper can be bought in Puchong, Rims alamak GT-N's are gone i guess disc and get form half cut....

Last edited:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
MR2 is a Mid Engine Rear Wheel Drive... not a Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive car... so it makes things more complicated but enjoyable :-) + don’t forget MR2’s new and old don’t have any electronic gismos to keep the driver form over doing it

Its not hard to control, but you've got to learn how to do it, and always remember your limits. In fact MR set ups are great for handling... i.e. Single Seater race cars and supercars

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
err khoo..ur accident arr?drive slowly bro...very sad to heard that...just cll me if ur need help...
Hello Riz.....how are u? eh.....I drive slow2 only ley.......u knw what.......im not that kind of person who drive in highspeed 1.......i alwalys take good care of every single car i owned ley...this mr2 i juz drove not more than 10 times :driver:..:captain:
I was in the main road at that time.......that fella suddenly.........after that loose control....hais.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Riz.....i juz want ur carbon fibre air scoop n EVC 5......hehehhe.....:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

is it really hard to control the rwd car?
than hw about bmw,mercs or old school car?
m.e....can't compare with conti car such as bm...merc...volv...volks....coz most of these car are installed high technology system like bm with DTC.......benz with ESP & bla bla bla.....
I think only car u can compare with is E30 m3......sifu here pls correct me if im wrong.....
for driving MR....er.....i think taikor2 or sifo2 here should give us answer & advise here.....I'm juz a newbie here n my driving skill is so so only........

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

The law of physics is some thing no rubber can go against... YES Brian that includes a condom
Marcus.....wht is this mean??my english is so so only leyh.....u mean tyres isn't??:hmmmm:
Bro...sorry for wht i've dun to ur ex-car........hope i can spare some time to that advance driving course & TT with u'll sifos........my skill really 'sui pei' lar:damnmate:

thx for ur info bro......coz fortunately the workshop said:"ada stock,can kautim in 2weeks":thrasher:

Last edited:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
khoo, no need to apologize its your car dude... you just have to drive the car more often to get use to the way it handles.. do some autocrosses, it’s a good safe way to accelerate the learning process. I've only lost control of the car 2 times in the pass, once in front of TOM'S driving up to genting (I was driving slow also) and the other learning to slide the car... so it happens don't worry about it.

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
Sorry to hear about your accident Khoo.
Driving an MR2 is easy..just keep it cool and drive slowly when driving in the rain.
Things you can do to help improve the cars stability (on dry) :

1)change bottom engine subframe to 245 version (93 spec and above)
- it has longer toe control arms
2)change the anti-roll bars
- stock anti -roll bars are soft and induce a lot of snap oversteer when pushed to the limit.
3)very important - invest in good tyres especially for the rear.
4)get some strut tower bars. Provides more rigidity to your body.

Another thing to remember - you're not driving an FF car (Front wheel drive, Front Engine Placement) ! It's an MR, meaning more weight behind and less forward.
Therefore it requires :
1)earlier braking before corner (Slow in, moderate out), braking hard in corner is a BIG no-no!
(many people learn this the hard way)
2)different driving/cornering lines ie. entry and exit
3)No hard-acceleration and deceleration in the corners (learn heel & toe)
4)lightning reflexes (if all else fails...hahaha)

Hope this tip helps for the newcomers to MR/FR cars. :)
For item no.4 , should something go wrong, pls look for TOMS for parts-sourcing. :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know how to install a TT ar ? the TT i had is a port which consist of many wire n one black n brown .... dunno cannect to which part of the ignition .....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience