Using 'other' brands of engine/GB oils (Q8/Torco/Lubegard/Eneos/Motul/etc)

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
1-4 (in order)

160 (less, the meter cannot even hold the pressure)
215 (this one also coming soon I think.)
Mine, before overhaul :-

Everytime i turn on the engine PUFF !! white smoke hehe...ofcourse now no more.

Good motor oil is important, and if you got lots of other commitments, can still use "normal" motor oils however must frequently change them.

Fobs, which part of Penang got sell Q8 ??? You know how much they're selling ??

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Good motor oil is important, and if you got lots of other commitments, can still use "normal" motor oils however must frequently change them.
Wah.. 160ish for all... power must have been horrible, FC and oil must sure consume a lot.

my one, I plugged in the AFR meter on the exhaust and got 19AFR-15. All reading lean.. but smell of petrol.. fuyoh! and then the engine was idling roughly because the fuel was being constantly corrected.

For now it's just a temporary measure.. who'd have thought I'd have to wait two months for Type R LMAs? (O_o)

Oh well, got a few more stuff to put in while I'm at it, so no rush yet.

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
Hahaha.. not in the way you're thinking cat.. What I meant by that is expensive ler.. try spending a few hundred a month for oil change, and then factoring other maintainances like tires, belts, etc. In a year, that adds up a lot.

I meant in my case.. If you don't see crazy mileage like I do, there's no real reason why you shouldn't use motul.
oooo.... i see.... for me i seldom use my car..... example for my eg.... use only 10,000 for the past 4 years.... hehehe..... in kl easy use motobike....

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

Everytime i turn on the engine PUFF !! white smoke hehe...ofcourse now no more.

Fobs, which part of Penang got sell Q8 ??? You know how much they're selling ??
i try to chk out,... then i let all pg fellas know,..
eh,... how to chk my compression ah??? all w/shop got the meter kah???

oooo.... i see.... for me i seldom use my car..... example for my eg.... use only 10,000 for the past 4 years.... hehehe..... in kl easy use motobike....
yalor,... drag car where got travel far far one,...

eh,... prev owner nenek datin for my sm4,... 15yrs travel the car 39000km,...

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
where got drag car la fobs......bz with job comitment..... so just buy and keep.....hehehe..... that y never join eg group..... but start looking around..... any eg group want to accept me as member???

gorjothong

Sep 20, 2006
I'm using Q8 semi syn with Lubegard Engine Protectant.Very smooth and light.Q8 is fully imported for RM80+. Real value for money.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
went for an engine oil on sat... instead of using Q8 which is real value for money... i ended up using Torco which

is quite expensive... 200++ for 4 litres. demn... well together with the oil they threw in a few dyno runs for a

very good price to show the differences between before and after using torco. since i've never dyno'ed the car

before... well what the heck i just went for it even though i know that my car's power is very2 low.

usually i'm not really convinced that oil can do the difference but man... this dyno session changed my perception a

bit la... torque n hp are substantially higher in the lower and mid rpm range after using torco. in the upper end,

results with torco are still better even though the gain is not as high.

anyway... the dyno chart... my first go at dyno'ing. outright power is not impressive at all due to the weak engine i have...

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
since some ppl asked me how the oil looked like...

took the picture during the engine oil change. only exist in 1-litre bottle. dono what bug bit me... quite expensive la

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
did they dyno with ur oil before changing to torco? if without dyno how much?? got discount? hehe....

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
since some ppl asked me how the oil looked like...

took the picture during the engine oil change. only exist in 1-litre bottle. dono what bug bit me... quite expensive la

hehehe. Minyak orang kaya!!

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2020 City goes to town with new everything, including the much torqued about 253nm i-MMD hybrid engine. Looks pretty good in its RS trim as well.

Honda Malaysia hasn't revealed much else until its official launch in Q4 but judging from the teaser car, showing off its lanewatch cam and prominent windshield cam, the City seems set to get Honda Sensing which will likely include adaptive cruise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience