Using 'other' brands of engine/GB oils (Q8/Torco/Lubegard/Eneos/Motul/etc)

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
aiyooooo,... torco so expensive,... sure damn good lahhh,... like Redline range,...

sorrylah, me very newbie abt oils,... nowadays never even sapu brylcreem or code10 on my hair pun,...

bro hattech,... dexcron III is the type of oil, rite? what brand woh? this 6th gen triptronic GB very sensitive one,... konk means plonk in h22aR MT, haha!!!

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
I used Q8 since I converted to B16A in 2001. Good value for money. Engine is smooth and ran efficiently. In 2004 suffered a burnt headgasket, so had to tanggal the head etc etc. Surprised to see the internals so damn clean one. Dunno about other engines, cos Mr. Superfast Avant complained Q8 cepat haus even before the desired oil change period. For my car it's sufficient and never experienced such a thing.

In mid 2005 shifted to Kedah....KNN...no Q8 (Motul got la but the price +RM30 from KL so go and fly kites la)... opted for Caltex instead. After 3 months of daily commuting from Sg. Petani and Alor Star, pistons rings worn out. Overhauled everything and now using Shell.

Still prefer Q8, value for money for a daily driven car. I used to buy Q8 Semi for RM70++ back in the days. Then it came to RM80++. Now I'm not so sure.

If your car is the type that takes part in drag racings etc and often hi rev, better invest in Motul or something simillar.

Just my 2 kupang huhuh

P/S :- izzit just me or do you guys experience "PROBLEM LOADING PAGE" or blank page etc etc whenever surfing ZTH ? Getting fedup of it already hence the recent inactivity

Last edited:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
now it's RM89 la... it was RM70++ ka... demn cheap la...

superfast avant too fast for any oil la hehe... that's why cepat haus... dahaga har har har.

problem loading page ka... that is the trademark of ZTH la...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I use Fuchs 10/40w oils... even though engine loss compression, only piston 1 affected, the rest is still 220.. pretty cheap oil, but since my oil change is monthly.. (5000km in a month, yes, that's my regular mileage) eh.. cannot use motul oh. If weekend car can lah.. daily driver.. no way!

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Shiro, mind telling us the reading of the unlucky cylinder ?
1-4 (in order)

160 (less, the meter cannot even hold the pressure)
215 (this one also coming soon I think.)

Now still waiting for some more stuff to arrive before pulling the head out, so driving it as is. I turned off the 02 sensor (running open loop) because it was giving bad FC due to the leaking valve, now it's normal, but power not the same anymore (T_T)

Going to blueprint the engine when it's out, hopefully I have enough time to do that.

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
I use Fuchs 10/40w oils... even though engine loss compression, only piston 1 affected, the rest is still 220.. pretty cheap oil, but since my oil change is monthly.. (5000km in a month, yes, that's my regular mileage) eh.. cannot use motul oh. If weekend car can lah.. daily driver.. no way!
bro shiro, any particular reason cannot use motul???? thanks

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
bro shiro, any particular reason cannot use motul???? thanks
Hahaha.. not in the way you're thinking cat.. What I meant by that is expensive ler.. try spending a few hundred a month for oil change, and then factoring other maintainances like tires, belts, etc. In a year, that adds up a lot.

I meant in my case.. If you don't see crazy mileage like I do, there's no real reason why you shouldn't use motul.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
now it's RM89 la... it was RM70++ ka... demn cheap la...

superfast avant too fast for any oil la hehe... that's why cepat haus... dahaga har har har.

problem loading page ka... that is the trademark of ZTH la...
yup,... my taiko dragger change engine oil EVERYTIME before a drag game, huhuhuuuuu!

Ooopsss...the RM70+ was the price I got cos I was a Q8 part time distributor hahahah
bro,... i think nowadays got q8 oil here already mahhh,... u want or not? i go cari cari minyak engine???

Unfortunately, no such thing lah.. RM400-600 sure burn every month for fuel.. some trips can claim la.. but not all.
i likey ur new siggy, bro shiro,...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this strange thing happened to my car ... i changed HID last month ... but ever since that ... my HID only working properly for few days ,then later,1 of the HID will blink uncertainly ... sometimes it works properly ... then all of a sudden , it is off again... then on again .... is this the wiring problem ?? pls help , thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience