BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

sakuragi

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I need some info

I recently acquired an e30 and looking forward to swap the engine to sr20. I really need workshops recommendation that has experience in transplanting sr20 into e30 in KL area. Preferably pros in conti to jap engine swap.

Anyone who has done their conversion, please share your info on the workshop, cost and reliability.

Thanks!

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
My opinion for such conversion.

Of course you will loose partial bmw feeling. Your car will be called rojak forever.... but then again you will enjoy cheap and high horse power.

Depends very much on what you want. I personally would want my rojak car and another original m50b25tu (single vanos) E30.

My car having loads of wiring issues trying to be solved. Then again after everything is done.... then my car is ready for action.... its going to be a great nice red car.....

Auto12

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
ef
bro, which workshop u go to if i may ask =)
im from miri ,dude .. this workshop that i went to, already did 4 conversion of 1jz engine for brunei cars. they even did a sr20 4wd swap in a mitsubishi colt 80's, renault with sr20 na, civic ek with h22a , corolla with starlet turbo engine and alot of rojak.. those bruneian are damn rich.

Auto12

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
ef
Oh yea.. i've a question about brakes. my e30 is using drum brake and i was wondering if i can use the ori bmw rear axle with brakes for 1jz. is it enough to brake that kinda power?

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
if u can find an ori E30 rear diskbrek, it is the best. Or else, u need to modify. Get a front 4 pot, should be sufficient enough.

sakuragi

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
My opinion for such conversion.

Of course you will loose partial bmw feeling. Your car will be called rojak forever.... but then again you will enjoy cheap and high horse power.

Depends very much on what you want. I personally would want my rojak car and another original m50b25tu (single vanos) E30.

My car having loads of wiring issues trying to be solved. Then again after everything is done.... then my car is ready for action.... its going to be a great nice red car.....
Well, I dont mind losing the bimmer feel anyway :burnout:

I'll be sourcing for the halfcut and workshop soon. Hopefully the conversion will go smooth.

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
Well you are right. E30 feeling is not bad but the curiousity of having a rojak car is even greater. Well i never really tested mine but yeah what the heck just give it a try. I will update you guys on the pictures

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
guys. i have found one mk2 supra 1jz manual trans front cut and its about 5.8k. i was wondering 1jz will fit in without cutting the chassis or not? its pretty heartarche to cut the chasiss ...
Depends on how your mech mount that engine..!!! But for e34, that 1jz will swap cun-cun..!!!

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
Well guys i am back. Progress on my car. Now changing rims, doing up wiring, body works, change a front bumper, change the interior seats and spraying the car ferrari red. Need advice. I have 2 mufflers now. Should i use super dragger or fujisubo giken s flow?
Super dragger if u using MTech2 rear bumper..!!!

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
Oh yea.. i've a question about brakes. my e30 is using drum brake and i was wondering if i can use the ori bmw rear axle with brakes for 1jz. is it enough to brake that kinda power?
Bro, you need to change your e30 drum to e30 disc brake and you also need to upgrade your brake pump..!!! Try to find brake pump from e32..!!! Hope this will help you..!!!

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
Well you are right. E30 feeling is not bad but the curiousity of having a rojak car is even greater. Well i never really tested mine but yeah what the heck just give it a try. I will update you guys on the pictures
Agree...i very much enjoy my 'rojak E36'..

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
You have a rojak e36? can i see the pictures???

GUYS GUYS GUYS.... Anyone staying near setapak, taman melawati, wangsa maju, keramat????