Can GT-R be a daily use car?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Question for the not-so rich people - how much headaches do you have servicing and maintaining your R34 GTR skyline - getting and waiting for parts etc.
So far so good. "Touch wood!"

But really, if you left it stock it wouldn't give you problems. The moment you modify any car, expect headaches. But for aftermarket, unless you want a complete Tomei engine, most shops would have stock (exhaust, coolers, gauges - the usual upgrades).

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
Tie Rods, Bushes, ATTESSA Plates?

I think there would be headaches....

BNR GTR34 is not a mass market car - may only 50+ in KValley.

No many place to buy - must have kaki/lubang
Waiting....
Expensive..Fedex
Need to buy $$$$ Volume to Get Service - or fly kite....
Mechanic not experienced...
???

Waiting...waiting...headache...waiting....

Last edited:

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
I been driving my car for works about 3 month since after i sold off my work car, take my advice. DON'T do it, cause when i compare my car with some other R34 GTR, their car condition look soo perfact cause the hardly drive it and my the PETROL really kill me, like Min RM40 per day. 2 or 3 day a full tank. Next would be my parts cause alot of it since to be wearing off.

I have twin plate clucth but i dont have much problem with jam, you just need to pratice and get use to it.

Parking is kinda hard because i have nimo kit on but then again i can have priority in some place, like park on their front door or something, just say my car could not get into their car park.

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
rm40 per day ? How much kms are you travelling per day? Anyone else using the GT-R as a daily? Looks like its really not practical at all driving a GT-R to work or use it as a daily. Would the GTT's be any different ? Opinions anyone?

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
So even if have the $$$ you must wait for parts...

Since most of the GTR R34 are owned by towkays with many cars...no probem for them ! Those who use GTR as a daily driver are in the minority group and those are special cases...

This is the side of the GTR34 "customer" experience you must know before you burn your RM300K

I think also as the Top-end of the market sell their GTR34 to next "poorer" customer group, over the next few years?

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
So even if have the $$$ you must wait for parts...

Since most of the GTR R34 are owned by towkays with many cars...no probem for them or the workshop.....(win / win situation) .

This is the side of the GTR34 "customer" experience you must know before you burn your RM300K

People respect $$$$$$ more than $

I think also as the Top-end of the market sell their GTR34 to next poorer customer group, the workshop people also will find this new (poorer) customer group is more "price" sensitive....they will make more servicing and modding the newer cars this "top-end" customer buy...so what do they do?
sorry for being blunt, but what exactly are you on about?
we've pretty much concluded that yes, GTRs are expensive but thats relative to income, some find it unbearable while to some its merely small change.

i don't get what you're trying to say with this workshop treating of 'poorer' customers etc nor to mention its slightly off-topic but oh well.

in conclusion, we all have different levels of income, some of these guys on the forums i understand are high rollers, I wish I was too. it comes down to priorities, you want a nice car, fine, but be prepared to sacrifice on other things.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
i wonder if i fit the profile of a guy who should own a skyline as his only car

i work as a pilot therefore:
a) dont need to drive to work (transport dtg ambik)
b) if i do have to drive to work(eg transport never show up) can claim for mileage and gas
c) i only drive around my area to pay bills, got to gym or go for coffee/makan or at night when i go clubbing or whatever (all nearby la since i live in kl)

having said all that i have a funny feeling the maintanence cost will still be painful to me and my wallet

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
i wonder if i fit the profile of a guy who should own a skyline as his only car

i work as a pilot therefore:
a) dont need to drive to work (transport dtg ambik)
b) if i do have to drive to work(eg transport never show up) can claim for mileage and gas
c) i only drive around my area to pay bills, got to gym or go for coffee/makan or at night when i go clubbing or whatever (all nearby la since i live in kl)

having said all that i have a funny feeling the maintanence cost will still be painful to me and my wallet
you are pretty good to go with the idea. :)

But, I kinda not liking the 2nd situation where you will be driving the car to work. Hopefully you could secure a good parking lot (with top security) while you abroad. Cars like these are in the main list among car thieves.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
oh if i have to drive they provide an underground parking for us (and its not unusual to see the odd GT-T, RX 8 or Scooby parked here)

if parking full got to make a bit of noise la to get parking near the managment building (no access to outsiders)

worse come to worse take ERL, even better choice

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
dude, just buy the car... you onli live once... plus by the looks of it i think you can afford it and anyone can tell that you really want one...so just go for it...you say you want it as an everyday car but the fact is that your not goin to use it everyday..think your safe...

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
hahah i also told my self that...you only live once!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience