New Mitsubishi Lancer on the roads of Singapore

TaE|VoN

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru

Believe it or not, this is what it will look like on our roads. The new model, soon to be dubbed the Lancer EX<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>, will be launched by Cycle and Carriage on the 10th of August. Of course, we brought it out for a short spin prior to the launch.
What’s even more startling, is that the new EX has its roots set deep in the platform of the Mitsubishi Outlander. A whole lot bigger and terribly spacious by Lancer standards, the new car is greatly refined to almost European standards.

The cabin is quiet, comfortable and much more sophisticated – a big jump for Mitsubishi!

The top of the line variant, the Lancer GT, will get sportier styling, sharper lines, wider fenders and it will sit lower down on the ground. Going for $77,988, the GT also features a 5 speed manual to suit those who are game for an engaging drive.

The GT we sampled featured wonderfully precise and well weighted gear shift mechanisms. Even the steering was nicely weighted, totally eliminating any of that “Japanese lightness” that previous Lancers, or even Toyotas for that matter, are known for.

The engine was extremely willing to rev, and the smoothness of it all was again, mind boggling. One recalls the K20A engine of the Euro R Accord.

This 2 litre Lancer, equipped with the 4B-11 that shares its character with a Dodge Caliber, will also be available with a Continuously Variable Transmission, and will retail for $79,988.

If 2.0 4 pot engines are too much for you to swallow, then you’ll be happy to know that the new Lancer EX comes in 1.5 litre variants that go for $62,988 (Elegance model), and $64,888 for the sportier variant.

While the current Lancer GLX is only available as a 1.6-litre model, it will continue to sell for at least another 3 more years.

This decision was taken in a bid to direct the Lance EX in the face of the Nissan Sylphy, Mazda 3, Honda Civic, and other cars in this class. It will also fill the gap between the entry level Lancer and the bigger, more expensive Outlander, effectively replacing the long extinct Galant (after all, it is called the Galant Fortis in Japan) in the process.

Source:
oneshift.com- Cars . Reviews . Prices . News . Community
Text by: nikolaiski
News - New Mitsubishi Lancer On Our Roads, TESTED!

rusifiz

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
kl-sban
www.fgsn9.com
sweet.. just like an evo x.. but the price, I guess when it reached here.. it's going to be quadruplet???

doubled for the $ conversion and quad for the tax.. :P too bad eh. very nice..
this body, I'll go for a 2.0 version... later can find evo x halfcut and put inside.. :D

busy_walk

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
my god... the car is just fabolous... it look so GARANG and dangerous...it is just fantastic... if i own it, i will leave in stock condition... not even a single mod will be done... congrats to mitsu for producing this car...

runsir

Mar 24, 2006
crazy ppl will buy tat car n drop in a Evo 9 engine.....
the evo9 engine will not fit. The new lancer/lancer evo have a new chassis design and new motor layout but don't let it bumb you out because Mitsubishi's new "world" chassis is universal between the Lancer and Lancer Evolution. The front and rear suspension are full bolt on replacements...no more cutting and fabrication for rear differential! and the engine in the Lancer is the same as the evo! same 4b11 motor just no turbo and de-tuned.

There are also rumors that Mitsu wil be releasing a Ralliart version which is a naturally aspirated 4b11 with added hp and AWD! To compete with Subaru's 2.5RS and WRX.

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
dont bluff la
this must be super impose

if true there must be wider shot
surely bluffing

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
interior is like an evo..
n im sure that the price will be between a civic2.0 or a mazda 6...
the lancer is simply gorgeous...
this is like the 1st time they've done it since the previos 4-5 models...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I agree with kriminalz. I'm guessing it will be priced in the range between Civic 2.0 and Mazda 6. Looks fantastic though. Certainly a shift in perception for the typical Japanese boxes, which is what the Lancer used to be.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my iswara just got broken into last night.. some fucker took my LA amp.. well, i dunno if i can consider myself lucky because i guess that fucker didnt have time to take anything else notably my ss amp and player.. u know what that fucker took? he took one amp, my coin box, and my fucking school bag! with all my fucking notes in it! he left my calculator and pencil box behind but took my bag! what a fucking prick! i'm sorry for the foul language but im damn annoyed now.. never ever park ur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience