Altezza 280T

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Riezal-R, saw the car when I.M.Jihan/Yap Brothers displayed it during their roadshow. Btw, you can tell of the year made from the chassis number. Just got to find out what chassis numbers were manufactured each year.
When was this roadshow? They claim the car has been in KL for the past 3 months.

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
under-declared?? wat does it mean bro????
Some importers under-declare cars to get cheaper tax duty. For example, they declare the car is manufactured 2001, but in fact it was manufactured 2002. It works both ways.

All this came about during the AP issue last year. If customs find out, they have legal right to ask the owner/dealer to pay the extra duty, which is not cheap.

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
What year exactly was the 280T manufactured? According to TOM's website it was 1999? Apparently all 100 units were sold in a day.

There is currently one on the market (#5 out of 100). Mileage shows 65000++. But its stated as manufactured 2002 and has Recaro seats, instead of Sparco. Something wrong? Or is this another variation of it?
Just to share with everyone the response from TOM's Japan:

Dear Sir,

I answer your question.
Most of 280t were produced in 1999.
There may be the vehicle produced in 2000. However, I think that there is very little it.
We do not have information more than this.
Please understand it.
Thank you.

------------------------------<wbr>------
TOM'S Co.,Ltd

Sales Dep't
Yoshihiko Oiwa

6-13-10 Todoroki, Setagaya-ku
Tokyo 158-0082 JAPAN
TEL:81+3-3704-8564
FAX:81+3-3704-9516
HP: TOM'S RACING

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
Some importers under-declare cars to get cheaper tax duty. For example, they declare the car is manufactured 2001, but in fact it was manufactured 2002. It works both ways.

All this came about during the AP issue last year. If customs find out, they have legal right to ask the owner/dealer to pay the extra duty, which is not cheap.

if as what u say.. that means posible my car is 2002?? hmm.. thats good... but how to really find out le??/ :Not_Impressed:

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Its only a possibility. Because its weird to have the seatbelt show 2002, when your reg card shows 2001. Hard to really find out, because the paperwork is done when the car is at the port for customs declaration. It is not easy to trace back the paperwork. Maybe you can check based on chassis number? Not so sure for the Altezza.

If its really manufactured 2002, then you are lucky! Just dont get in trouble with customs :)

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Hey bros...I wanted to check on the year manufactured...I cant seems to find on my seats belt?...Could u guys advise me where abt the label?...Thanks in advance...hehehehe....blur newbie...

Miradz

Jun 1, 2007
If this is the one that i think it is.

It just got sold today :(

I was supposed to go view the car at lunch time, but in the morning, the dealer called and said someone came in, saw it and immediately paid the deposit.

jazz7878

Known Member
Sep 23, 2005
kl
the toms altezza 280t was located in ampang??

if yes, that car was long time putting there and last two months the seller named george was said the car was booked by someone already...

but then the fella keep calling to ask my friend to give them the document for loan when he said the previous buyer was not approved his loan, so we was ignore him and don bother him cause that we think the car shuld not be the price and the issue of year of manufacture make us curious about this car...

and the manufacture is stated 0005/0100 at the hood there...

so... better becareful when u want to buy this car....

check it all clearly before u buy....

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
If this is the one that i think it is.

It just got sold today :(

I was supposed to go view the car at lunch time, but in the morning, the dealer called and said someone came in, saw it and immediately paid the deposit.
I hope the buyer did his research. I find it hard to believe its a 2002 car. Which makes the 65000+ mileage also hard to believe.

Yes, it was a used car dealer along Jalan Ampang.There is also another automatic Altezza there for sale, which belongs to one of the sales guys.

bluedemon

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
what ever it is, good luck on the new owner. we probably might hear from him soon here.

i remembered what sir william of trial once told me, "i know someday this car will come to me". hahaha.

leofric32

Known Member
May 25, 2006
Regarding checking the year of manufactured, one can find it on the seat belt, but i notice most label has been cut by either the dealer or somebody else.

SKYJUICE knows where you can find the one hidden year of manufactured under the rear suspension. I dont know where or will it be easily visible.

Hey, JAHAX, where is the label of manufactured under the rear suspension ha.....

Show me my photo la....