Altezza 280T

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
for u guys information, the TURBO altezza selling in motor trader looks like an original
TOM'S LIMITED EDITION (only 100) complete car 280T running on IHI turbo charger, with all TOM'S wonderful parts like TOM'S advox suspension, TOM'S TEC ECU, under braces, filter, 1.6mm head gasket, TOM'S 6kg flywheel. The bodykit is of TOM'S as well. it also comes with sparco blue bucket seats & modellista meter cluster.

Car power is 280HP at 0.6 of boost, 30.0kg/m

if anyone wants to know more try to find HONG KONG option volumn 33.
i just happen to have one with me he he.

still haven't seen the car yet but bodykit and the intercooler is by TOM'S.
and judging by what is mention like TOM'S ECU and TOM'S suspension i think its TOM'S complete car.

if any of u planning to take a look if its original there is a PLATE stated 280T powered by TOM'S at the rear bumper right below the ALTEZZA word and also a plate right infront of the radiator stating TEAM NETZ LIMITED EDITION, MODEL :TOM'S 280T, ENGINE TYPE:TOM'S TURBO CHARGED 3S-GE, SERIAL NUMBER(this a the number out of 100 cars made by TOM'S)
Sorry to bring up an old post.

What year exactly was the 280T manufactured? According to TOM's website it was 1999? Apparently all 100 units were sold in a day.

There is currently one on the market (#5 out of 100). Mileage shows 65000++. But its stated as manufactured 2002 and has Recaro seats, instead of Sparco. Something wrong? Or is this another variation of it?

bluedemon

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
many version of stories came with the manufacturing and registered dates for the 280T. Some said that not all 100 cars were actually bought on that same day. some were kept my tom's and sold later. some said that anybody can send their normal altezza to tom's to get it upgraded to 280T specs. thus there should actually be more than 100 units of 280T.

I read once in an Aussie altezza website that actually tom's produced not just 100 units, but 100 units peryear for some number of years.

and there are many packages for the 280T as stated in Tom's website. stage 1, 2 and 3.

many we shud ask people from Tom's japan to really know about the car. Tom's Bangsar don't even recognise the car :P

my 2 cents
DemanG

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I have seen that no. 5 before. Looks like in ok condition. So yea there's 2 units that I know of now

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
I was quite keen on the car, until I read Tom's website and found out it was manufactured in 1999. If in fact there was another batch manufactured in 2002, still this car's serial number is 005, which should make it one of the first few to be developed.

Any tips/tricks on how to find out the actual year manufactured? One of the ways I know is to look at the seatbelt label, but I'm not sure if Altezza's have this label.

Last edited:

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
hi ej! hehehehe.......

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
I was quite keen on the car, until I read Tom's website and found out it was manufactured in 1999. If in fact there was another batch manufactured in 2002, still this car's serial number is 005, which should make it one of the first few to be developed.

Any tips/tricks on how to find out the actual year manufactured? One of the ways I know is to look at the seatbelt label, but I'm not sure if Altezza's have this label.

Altezza seatbelt there got show years... my car is 2001 but it shows there 2002... dont know wat hapend also....

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Riezal-R, saw the car when I.M.Jihan/Yap Brothers displayed it during their roadshow. Btw, you can tell of the year made from the chassis number. Just got to find out what chassis numbers were manufactured each year.

bluedemon, I saw 280T ma. That attracted me. :P

Hey Hansc. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any titan adjustable coilover user here? especially Gen2 installed titan.

Titan Suspention Address:
No38, jalan Mewah 3/3,Tmn Perindustrian Hata, Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang Selangor
03-42979878
013-3506561
Looking for Richard How
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience