wassup with viva?

DOHC

Mar 26, 2007
I've seen many ads selling few months old vivas..

Does viva have problems or something?

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Dunno bout viva, but my kelisa value has been rock steady and never dropped since viva's introduction despite fears of a replacement model.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
In fact i didn't see Viva as much on the road compared to when Myvi was launched. It seems that the pricing sort of sucks and damn close to Myvi for the premium one. If it doesn't sell, i can see Perodua for the first time, resort to plan B laio.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
u see pricing of kancil, kenari, viva n myvi.. itz so darn close to each other that itz just the matter of preference ...in styling that matters already.

unless u're going for the super basic kancil.. then that oughta make the differences, else.. y dont u just hit straight at myvi.

thatz what i tot...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Yeah thats what i thought too. and i believe the general public too. In that case, Viva isn't going to emulate the success of Kelisa, Kenari or Myvi. Kind of sad that Perodua marketing section fumbled on this.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
it will... if perodua decides to stop Kancil.. else itz going to be difficult... coz its just now a kelisa replacement.. itz just a miniature myvi, which many would see as it... y viva when u get myvi?

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
In fact i didn't see Viva as much on the road compared to when Myvi was launched. It seems that the pricing sort of sucks and damn close to Myvi for the premium one. If it doesn't sell, i can see Perodua for the first time, resort to plan B laio.
that is because of difference in size and price... until before Myvi was launched.. there was only Jazz, Getz, and (Yaris) in the market... personally i will place MyVi in the same group as this cars base on size and the functionality (let's exclude the build quality and brand name first)... the interesting point about MyVi is all the above mentioned cars costs over 60k with the Jazz and Yaris close to 90k... so MyVi has a big selling point to many consumers like you and me (to be more precise those that can't afford a huge monthly repayment)...and it has sort of a nice look too and there is no car within the same range as MyVi in Peroduas lineup...

so when Viva came out.. perodua only focused the consumers at the more premium version with ABS and airbag with their marketing and ads... so, to many people spending over 40k for a car that is halfway between a kelisa and kenari seems meaningless... furthermore... there is still Kancil which can be bought for under 30k... in fact where there is actually a economical 660cc version trim that cost under 30k... i think Perdodua already discontinued production of kancil for now... whatever there is in dealers should be ex-stock only... the amount of Vivas will gradually grow on the roads... but it will not be an immediate hit like MyVi... and one more thing which is... there is a lot of cars in the same range like Atos, Naza (forgot what's the name), picanto all which are quite competitively priced....

Last edited:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
u see pricing of kancil, kenari, viva n myvi.. itz so darn close to each other that itz just the matter of preference ...in styling that matters already.

unless u're going for the super basic kancil.. then that oughta make the differences, else.. y dont u just hit straight at myvi.

thatz what i tot...
MyVi has a big price difference... but if one were to buy the most expensive Viva... then you're right... just buy a MyVi...

it's the same case as Kelisa 850cc... some people would like to buy a car which is bigger than a Kancil but would not want to pay as much... so a Kelisa 850cc would be their choice... it is the same as some people who might want to buy something a bit big bigger than Kancil preferably with a higher displacement engine but cost less than 40k... so they can either opt for a 660 or 850 viva... Perodua has given the consumers more choices... it is just whether the consumer can understand what choice they are given....

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
well, yes. if u're talking basic models... i'm just questioning in terms of the permium models.. the pricing is just.. very very close..

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
No ler, Perodua will still be producing the 660 Kancil because the outstation demand for that model is still VERY STRONG.

The VIVA allows a broader price range for customers to choose from. If they have just RM35k and just that (not wanting to take a loan, etc, various reasons), they can just buy a VIVA, no need to add another RM10k for a Myvi. But yeah, why get a VIVA if you can get a Myvi? Well, if you have all the money then go for it. But even RM5k is quite some money don't you think?

By the way, I'm seeing more and more VIVAs on the road now (KL area).

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
yeah..same info ive got from perodua salesman at my place here..there still got order for 660cc kancil until now but for kenari,kelisa perodua factory oledi stop the product early march 07, now all showroom sell the kenari and kelisa as while stock last no more stock for new car.....

PAUL_CJ

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
PUCHONG
i would say, it better than kancil since it a kancil replacement
n y they still producing kancil ? to drop down viva market?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bad Luck... bang my car side door against road sign post... my fault.. didnt see properly and reverse.. then hit my right back door... got long scratch...

Went to a paint shop in sunway... they charge me RM240 to knock and paint back... they say my colour is pearl paint so expensive abit...

Sifu's pls recommend a place where i can finish this fast... cos paint chip off... and i'm afraid it will rust. :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience