Stolen Car Found - Now What?

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
My brother's car was stolen few months back and recently found it and it's in quite bad condition. It's an Iswara, and being towed to a panel workshop after parked in police station for report purposes. The car still in the panel workshop.

So, now, the only problem is, the panel workshop has claimed RM8K plus from the insurance company but the $$ rejected and the insurance company only offered RM2.5K!! I've checked through the list and with that amount, my brother's car will not be fully repaired! To be honest, i think RM8K plus is too much, and personally think we need at least RM4K to repair back to the original condition. By the way, his car was insured RM14K.

The insurance company seems to be very nasty and rejected our appeal for higher insurance claims. Now, the only solution, is to accept th RM2.5K and we have to top up another RM1.5K on our own to fix the car.

Well, my brother hasnt accept the amount yet and now checking with few relevant parties, to take legal action with the insurance comp, and consider to bring it to the press.

Meantime, any advise from bros and sis here? If we go hard on them to insist RM4K, do you think we will win the case?

Appreciate ur comments and advise as his car already 'sit' in the workshop for about 1-2months.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
FYI.....
Normally accessories does not entitle to claim...
Somemore u will get more trouble if u wanna to use back the car...
I have the same experience but mine ok a bit.. just back light gone onli but the main problem is when u wanna to renew roadtax every year, the stupid system will shows black listed...and you will take your time to sit down with the stupids and they will take their own sweet time to settle the the shit that they created for you...

at the end kopi them some and within 10 minutes.. ok already...

for the claim...try to sue or ask lawyer to settle the insurance company... they will do it for u...
Good Luck...

PAUL_CJ

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
PUCHONG
2.5k??? thats too little. i dun have any exprience but how much they will pay
if the car really lost?

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
FYI.....
Normally accessories does not entitle to claim...
Somemore u will get more trouble if u wanna to use back the car...
I have the same experience but mine ok a bit.. just back light gone onli but the main problem is when u wanna to renew roadtax every year, the stupid system will shows black listed...and you will take your time to sit down with the stupids and they will take their own sweet time to settle the the shit that they created for you...

Good Luck...
Bro mag, thanks for ur feedback.

yup bro, i know accessories areat our own cost. but with the 2.5K, the panel is only repair half way...according to the tauke. major parts like dashboard and all that all not entitle...WTF.

btw, thats my younger bro's car. mine also was stolen and recovered earlier. im still driving it now and i know i will face shit when i renew my roadtax....the police already pre-empted me, told me that if i face any problem with JPJ during renewal, call him to settle...WTF again!!!

Damn all the police force and insuance money sucker!! yup, we are appointing lawyer now.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
why face difficulty when renew road tax??...
thought if the car recover, police files close than it's consider case close.
clean car right?!...
stupid system.
anyway, which insurance u r using?

btw, got one lousy idea....get quotation from other workshop and check if to tow out the car from the current workshop, how much to pay. If it's worth it than do that...
if not; like u said, have to top up already....

Insurance business is ragging in profit.......that's the way they do business unless u know someone high up in there lar...
sorry dude!....luckily urs found sooner.....if not sure lagi worst the condition.......

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
for the black listed record, u have to talk to ur inspector who handle ur theft case last time, ask him to delete the list from the record,problem solved. If he refuse to do so, or giving stupid excuses, call up ur workshop tauke, ask him to settle for u. After that, call to Police & JPJ office to check for ur car record...make sure it's deleted.

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
on one of my fren case, when he foud his car.. it was i pretty bad shape & ofcoz insurance wont cover all the cost.. what he did was claim it for total lost.. got the money & buy a new car..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
1st of all, see the list wat they compensate 1st...and how serious is ur car?

normaly stolen car are majority of parts stolen/missing...

if urs is old car, then got betterment....the older the car, the higher the betterment.

check properly 1st before take any legal action...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
claim total lost is one thing; whereby the workshop would need to cheat...
but in this case; it's hard as the adjuster had already came by and inspect.
Somemore police report is made after the vehicle is being found.......

Another thing, a lot of workshop nowadays wouldn't want to cheat insurance anymore as it's a risk to their business.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
for the black listed record, u have to talk to ur inspector who handle ur theft case last time, ask him to delete the list from the record,problem solved. If he refuse to do so, or giving stupid excuses, call up ur workshop tauke, ask him to settle for u. After that, call to Police & JPJ office to check for ur car record...make sure it's deleted.
It is not as easy as u mention bro..
u might be can renew for two three years but after that been block again...
they can able to come out a stupid answer... the person incharged been transfer to other department...
'G' ma in cantonese call as pig lor...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
to make things clear, check the price they paid before n after betterment. is thr rm2.5k is before or after betterment? if it is after, then wat the price before betterment? and how many percent is ur bettrment?

for stolen car, once found u gotta inform traffic dept,jpj to cancel ur case. small problem only....if u not sure, ask panel workshop how to do tis.

btw, which insurance company le?

and the car is part missing or collision damage?

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
dewalavau, it's Great Eastern (not that Great actually)...

huakenny & boon, it's my brother's car. actually 3 of my family car stolen at one time. mine kawdim oredi. my bro's car in bad condition. all interior parts stolen. exterior wise, got dented and karat. need to respray but the blardy adjustor said it's OLD DAMAGE!!

Dique, yup, the inspector told me he has informed JPJ to remove it from the blacklist. BUt he said if i still face prob when renewing, find him, and he will help. (you know wat he meant right?)...kopi money lah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

next detailing...totally dull and discolouration taxi...

after a good clean wash...abit shining la..

detailing job start here..thanks to this claybar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience