Nissan’s New Affordable Sports Car?

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor

Just days after word came that Nissan is working on a small coupe, a mysterious prototype has been spotted in and around the automaker’s facilities at the Nürburgring in Germany.

While the body of the prototype above screams 350Z, look closely, and substantial alterations seem to support the notion that this is not a next-generation Zed car, but rather a new, smaller model, potentially with some cues lifted from its Urge concept of a couple years back.

Check out the awkward roofline, which looks like it has been chopped to accommodate a clipped wheelbase. Our spies at KGP report that there are riveted sections in the mule’s roof, which lend a degree of credence to this assertion. Click on the high-resolution gallery, and it looks as if the doors may have had some work done to them as well (note the vertical tape lines).

Given that engineers appear to be using a Porsche Cayman as a comparison benchmark, it’s either the case that this remains a new, smaller 350Z (the two models are Nissan’s closest natural competitors), or that the company is setting a seriously high bar for its budget performance car. We can only hope that their choice of a Boxster companion will mean that the new car will be rear-drive as well.

Source: http://www.WindingRoad

skyancient

Known Member
Mar 10, 2005
cant really diff from 350Z >.< it just looks shorter.. and higher roof... tats wat i can see... mayb another...."pimp my car"? :P

bOi-R

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
Maybe its a 2 seater version of the current Z. Like the older 300zx series, they had one with shorter wheelbase and a normal 2+2 4 seater with a longer wheel base.

asimofrenly

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
hope its not loaded with d same 3.5 v6 engine.. road tax n insurance is d wallet crusher

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007
with proton still around, the keyword 'affordable' in the article would translate pretty much into something like say a "walrus price tag" here in malaysia? :)

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
yea
roof loooks abit buldgy
well...a sr20 would be graet in it...

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
the last was s15...not that long ago ler...
can revive it wan ma...
since they say its "affordable"
defintely wun be V8 inside..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
can't really compare it with actual 350Z without any scale in the pic. I believe this is a newer version of 350Z (facelift), since not much changes make when 350Z start production at 2003. 4 years, shall be the proper time for facelift.

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
keke..hope this will be a new model..mayb 200Z? haha..so road tax wud b much more acceptable..haha!

rusifiz

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
kl-sban
www.fgsn9.com
with proton still around, the keyword 'affordable' in the article would translate pretty much into something like say a "walrus price tag" here in malaysia? :)
I second that.. it may be afordable for other people in other countries.. but here, it's still for the rich people..

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
word affordable its really not right ! From the wheel size i think its not less then 3.0litres, also proton currently selling its perdana which is local manufactured at close to 90k.. so u ppl start guessing how much would this baby cost ? Dun forget the roadtax and fuel... hehehhee

bOi-R

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
can anybody tell me what's the differents btw fair lady Z and 350 Z?
spelling :) and they don't make "fairlady's" anymore. Its a term used for the Datsun roadsters in 1960's for the local Japanese market. But its nick name is carried onto the Z car series, including the 350z. Hence, the nick name became "Fairlady Z's". Its just in Japan they call it the "fairlady". But in respect to a 350z, its the same car. :)

Here you can find a few good reads.. :_:

Z-car History
Nissan Fairlady
FAIRLADY.ORG

Have fun :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The soon to-be-launched all new CR-V on to a promising start

Petaling Jaya, 1 March 2007 The all new Honda CR-V which is expected to
be introduced in Malaysia soon has been receiving rave reviews and encouraging
booking in the countries which the model has been launched.

Built on the concept of carefree, anywhere and anytime reliable comfortable
mobility, the first generation of CR-V (which stands for Comfortable Runabout
Vehicle) was launched in 1995. The CR-V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience