Altezza FAQ

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
hansc said:
any disadvantages or special wear and tear if u on the SNOW button?
Engine is not so lively.

WindT2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
hmmm... sifus and sihengs, can explain more about the snow mode? coz in my mind, if the road full with snow o slippery.. the car shud go slow and more burden.. cant figure out how it save petrol.. cant get the concept.. PLS HELP ME!

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
snow button just reduces the throttle sensitivity to avoid lost of traction control when going over snow or very slippery surface..

another words, when moving from stationary, u will feel as if u r starting from higher gear (maybe 3rd gear)..

slower acceleration...hence no wheel spin..

most probably not so useful in malaysia unless a truck load of lubricants (durex?) terbalik on the plus highway which u must drive thru...hahahahaaa....

rags

Jun 9, 2006
i think the snow mode will reduce the throttle response when traction is lost.Haven't really tried it for long duration though. However have seen the TRC kicking in when traction is lost.When you step on the gas it will cut the power.

WindT2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
faint.. nvm nvm.. let me just digest it..thx anyway for the info

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
hi altezza folks.. just wanna ask..
is there a Factory spec Altezza turbo... thanks..

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Remember, not all 'Tezzas are equiped with TRC.

spwn

Jun 8, 2006
Hi guys!!

I got hold of these 2 brochures for Altezza, 2002 & 2003. Cant remember where i picked them up from. But from the 2003 brochure, seems that there is only 1G-FE engine available. For 2002, there is 3S-GE & 1G-FE. Did they phase out the 3S engine for the 2003 lineup?

Any one of you guys have driven both before? Which 1 would be better to drive in town? From the engine config, the 1G would have better low end torque compared to 3S but lose out on highway due to lower HP. Is this correct? Which 1 is more fun to drive? Which is the better engine?

Altezza forever!!

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Hi fellas,

Excellent thread for the Altezza newbie. I've a few questions to ask about conversion:
1. Take an AT model and swap in a MT gearbox and aftermarket ECU, any complications?
2. How easy would it be to source for parts for this conversion?
3. What sort of cost is involved?

Also..
1. For the AT models, using aftermarket ECU + suitable exhaust system + other bolt-on parts, can the powerband of the engine be tuned for low-end to mid-range? Instead of the stock mid-range to high-end?
2. If yes, any disadvantages?

Doing my homework on Altezza :X-:

kanazai2001

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
home
Riz-R...
there r different between AT and MT engines... AT gives max 200hp and MT gives 210hp...
visual different is the intake cam profile...
others like valves material and differential gear ratio...

so if u do swap the tranny but u wont feel the ori MT "kick" except u swap the engine together...

this engine has potential but it is juz too expensive to squeeze it out... the most economical way to "own" the power u dream for is swap with toy chaser JZX100 1JZGTE VVT-i engine with manual tranny... and it is much more easier and cheaper to squeeze more hp and torque out of it... the swap is also pretty direct which swap together with cross-member... all bolt direct... altezza body also allows u to bolt direct with supra 6sp MT tranny... :-)