toyota LE club

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Thanks, paid RM 350 for it. Yup, it's a 3 incher.
Wahlau..... RM350 for K&N open pod? Man.. thats expensive!!! You can get Apexi Power Intake for RM170 or HKS Power Flow for RM300 at N1 Racing. In fact, there's some dude here selling the K&N filter for only RM185: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...1-kaitospeed-k-and-n-open-pod-air-filter.html

From the pic, it looks like they used a small pipe for the open pod on your BT, but even still... its way too expensive. Anyways, how does this compare to the ITB filters?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Wahlau..... RM350 for K&N open pod? Man.. thats expensive!!! You can get Apexi Power Intake for RM170 or HKS Power Flow for RM300 at N1 Racing. In fact, there's some dude here selling the K&N filter for only RM185: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...ir-filter.html

From the pic, it looks like they used a small pipe for the open pod on your BT, but even still... its way too expensive. Anyways, how does this compare to the ITB filters?
If you look carefully, it's a different model from the one you said. My model is called the Extreme. The top portion is also filter element. Those you mentioned is with a chrome cap. The chrome cap 3" is being sold at RM 250 here & RM 220 in KL. I was thinking if I go all the way to KL to buy a K&N, that's definately cost me more. Hahaha. That stainless steel pipe you saw is not included in that RM 350.

Yeah, I saw that ad & I found out that he has no postal add or a shop. Just a hp number & e-mail add. I don't think I wanna trade that way. Who to ask if things go wrong ? Too risky, I think.

The single filter is much more quiet than the ITB filters by far. The single almost sound stock until the revs hit.... say 5k -6k rpm before you notice a little induction noise; only slightly louder than the standard filter. My wife's not complaining anymore coz she wouldn't even rev that high anyway. Hehehe.

Last edited:

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
hehehe.....i doubt ur wife would even give it a full throttle even though she's driving 60km/h in 5th gear...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
hehehe.....i doubt ur wife would even give it a full throttle even though she's driving 60km/h in 5th gear...
She's not exactly a slow driver too, you know. Many friends of mine have been telling me that they saw my wife driving quite fast around town ! I tell them that it's probably bcoz the kids're late for school. :laugh:

I think I had better not let her watch too much of channel 78 anymore !:laugh:

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
HEHHEHE....women ahh...once they know how to bawak cars...automaticly will drive faster...not slower like dulu lagi.

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
btw i think dat nite mr president n vice are in ipoh ler.....meet up wit helmi on last saturday.

amae92

Known Member
Feb 13, 2007
levindash,
sorry that nite i too tired ler.. i moved to ampang oredi.. so whenever come to gunung rapat sms me ler.. hows ur ride? start oredi ah?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
HEHHEHE....women ahh...once they know how to bawak cars...automaticly will drive faster...not slower like dulu lagi.
Actually, I don't know how she drives coz she doesn't like to drive me. She says I complaint too much about her :driver::thumpdown:. :laugh::laugh:

btw i think dat nite mr president n vice are in ipoh ler.....meet up wit helmi on last saturday.
Yeah, Agus informed me but Mi didn't reply my sms when I asked him if he was attending the TT. Guess he must've ran out of credit.:laugh:

I went to 0-4 in P. Puteh, Ipoh yesterday. I've never been to that shop, it was my first visit yesterday. Not bad la, quite a lot of stuff. You guys frquent that shop ?

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
guys, which open pod filter is better actually? especially for 20V

i have read about this topic before. it says that apexi is having low restriction compare to the others. so more air come in meh? but then izit good for engine when there is a possibility small dust enters the engine?

i'm thinking to use open pod oso. but have no idea what brand...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
uys, which open pod filter is better actually? especially for 20V

i have read about this topic before. it says that apexi is having low restriction compare to the others. so more air come in meh? but then izit good for engine when there is a possibility small dust enters the engine?

i'm thinking to use open pod oso. but have no idea what brand...
I've personally only used 2 brands; K&N & HKS. What I found out was that the HKS has a nicer / louder induction roar than the K&N. The downside is that the sponge doesn't last & changing new ones costs RM 80. The 2nd thing is that it doesn't filter out the dust very well coz when I removed the HKS, I found that my throttle body (at the butterfly) is dirty. No such problem when I used the K&N & of course you already know that the K&N is washable, so it's more economical to use the K&N, in my opinion.

If you want to use the Apexi, you'll have to fabricate an adaptor to fit the hose to the filter. For me, I malas la.

Blitz, tengok pun takut. The mesh opening is too large for proper filteration purposes, I think. It's even written in an article posted up by a member not too long ago. Sure dust masuk like nobody's business.

What else.... nah, I'll stick with K&N, I guess.

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
thanx 4 ur explanation. in my mind i will choose either K&N or apexi. last time there is people sell Apexi with adaptor. 2nd laa.

i use SVT. if i go for K&N, izit come with adaptor or not? ur's BT also hav adaptor meh? i thought no need

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Zero 4 Ahh!!....quite Expensive La There....but Some People Say Murah...dunno Ler But Personaly A Bit Mahal....they Mark-up Alot...

Wehh U Came Here No Sms Ahh????can Go Yamcha Maa..

levindash

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Amae92....

Sad Story Ler Bout My Ride...nti Ler Aku Citer

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
i use SVT. if i go for K&N, izit come with adaptor or not? ur's BT also hav adaptor meh? i thought no need
No adaptors included. My BT no AFM mar, so no need adaptor lor. Just use back the induction hose, connect to a metal pipe, drill a hole for the sensor on the metal pipe & pasang the filter on the other end lor. That's all.:regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

That's right - its official folks, Ken Block Gymkhana 5 has been unleashed for the masses to enjoy watching Block's 650bhp Ford Fiesta smoke tyres and catch some air - and it doesn't seem to be a better place to do it other than in San Francisco's hilly terrain with a special appearance of one Travis Pastrana to help him make things a little more interesting on his 2-wheel stead...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience