Race tracks in Malaysia

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
simon,

HPC maybe only half track but you get proper segregation of different skilled drivers.

On most Open track day is no better than rush hour traffic on Federal Highway. sometiems hard to get clear lap..

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
they should demolished the shah alam stadium instead.. coz there is only less than 10 people watching the malaysian football league anyway... a race track will make more money for the country!!!
Since when race track will make more money? Just look at batu tiga no one would willing to contribute not even a single cent for maintenance fee and ended up being taken over by the goverment to develop houses.

Not to harsh you guys here. NATO on the forum about building more circuits is just doesn't contributes to anything. Why don't you start up with 100 pages of working papers to propose on building another new race track? Can you?

Some of you here should start do something rather than complain.

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
not sure this is a good point towards this topic but, what sabelt said is true. malaysia builts alot of nice houses&apartments, but some residence fail to pay their maintainance fee resulting what used to be a very good housing area turns into an unmaintained place. there must be a strong committed community to start something and make it last.

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
Since when race track will make more money? Just look at batu tiga no one would willing to contribute not even a single cent for maintenance fee and ended up being taken over by the goverment to develop houses.

Not to harsh you guys here. NATO on the forum about building more circuits is just doesn't contributes to anything. Why don't you start up with 100 pages of working papers to propose on building another new race track? Can you?

Some of you here should start do something rather than complain.
agree with you bro :)

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
last time during batu 3.. malaysia still very small in motorsports.. but now is growing... those days got 6 fella sharing 1 proton saga on track.. now still got sharing but less people and bigger cars... coz people paying rm150 for an open day in sepang.. if bt3 fee is much lesser... people sure go liow... btw..bt3 now is still deserted... so what happen to the housing project??? all masuk pocket... !!! last time you can only find 1 track car in one workshop..that also people was like WAAAHHH... now some workshops got even 3-4 track cars.....time now is different, the power of spending in motorsports is much larger than last time...regarding about doing something about it? well... it's been written in and rejected so many times... there was a few people wanted to revive the bt3 track.. but failed due to some political issues about that land.. which they do not want to tell us about!!! honestly.. it just need someone with a "position" to shout it out.... which we are all hoping for!!!.. and we are not exactly complaining... it's more like HOPING there will be that person or that chance!!!
cheers!
i wish i can do something about it... but really... duno where to start...hehehehe

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
bro leslie in that case you better pray for me to become the next CEO of my company so I can sponsor to those enthusiast straight away hehehehe ALWAYS DREAM BIG MAN!hehehehe :) (see I talk cock n shit only hihihi)

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
for your guys info, SIC is resurfacing the whole track. Currently only SOUTH track is useable. NORTH track is resurfacing as we speak.

Damn slippery oooo...especially at turn 14...need more rubber in track, hopefully SuperGT will help to condition the track abit. hehehe..

Tamahagane

Mar 22, 2007
Yeah Leslie,... sumbody shld do sumthin' bout revivin' bt3.

Spoke to masitah from SIC last week, and unfortunately, she confirm that there's no sunday open track day for 2007.

that's why we want bt3 back.

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
there was a link to an image on bt3...part of the track is gone,you can view it here:

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

it can only be used as drift track from the look of it,but need to resurface...btw is the track at johor still usable,are cars allowed to go there

Last edited:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
yeah.. pasir gudang is still available... heard there is 2 tracks in perak.. dato sagor and another one....

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
in many countries that I know of, race track prosper coz racing activities are popular for eg, uk, aus, japan.. etc

with popular racing activities crowd rushes to races everytime is held and that bring in sponsors, in which ease the cost of running a circuit, which eventually resulted in profitability and sustaining of race track and even creation of new race track.

now back to Msia, apart from international events such as f1, GT and A1 etc.. how many local racing event that you all attend to? While i concede that the local racing standard are not as competitive compared to Japan or European countries I believe in terms of racing activities and competitiveness we are better than other Asian countries, including HK. A good example will be such as our very own Merdeka Millenium Endurance which is held on a yearly basis, it has been attracting more and more international teams every year

BUT what are the uses of these activities without the support from the local motor enthusiats? I mean thru out the history of MME and MSS, I have not seen much support from our local pool of enthusiats?

I believe some of you will then complaint and say that it is not exciting to watch, before you even start with that comment pls ask yourself a question, what race have you been watching? Not being bias here, the MME results and races has been closer year and year, I know it becoz I was there, racing with them. The other local series in Msia, MSS also have been improving in terms of racing competitiveness evry year but I don think many ppl actually realises that? In terms of excitement, try watching the Integra Cup one make race from the track (one of MSS events) and tell me you honestly don think its exciting enough

now the other thing, some of you have been complaining the track fee is expensive compared to BT3, but don u think everything has been alot more expensive compared to 10 years ago? look at food for that matter, I remember there was time where 3 rinngit probably will get u a decent meal but now you are probably buying bread for that amount. I also believe many of you would have experiance similiar growth in your income level compared to 10 years ago

more to the point, while you are paying more (in absolute value) for the track the facility and the track standard are international so dont u think its fair? Japan for instance have alot higher track fees for lower standard of track. If as Malaysian you could not appreciate Sepang, don moan when the track is not available becoz foreigners such as Singaporeans, Hongkies and Thais book the track

So to conclude it, instead of moaning the loss of BT3, lack of alternative tracks and lack of idea what to do, a SIMPLE solution would probably be start with what we have, Sepang circuit and Pasir Gudang. Give some support to the local races, pull your mates with you to these races.. at least then you are putting in effort to growth the sport

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
well said bro.during my study times I used to attend every single event (not all) drag race,MME,SDB hehehehe :) even tho that time me merempit using bike only.but thats what we call passion~ :)

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
while u guys are it, IMO local race events lack coverage in internet forums. news online id see, its mainly the intro of the race series as a whole or race results covered by zth and terato.

shouldnt the team themselves promote their team by introducting themselves and posting photos of the racing machines and in such forums ? that should help with the enthusiasts getting to know the teams better and give the races a chance by attending it no ?

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
mayb all of us should rock up to sepang sometime this year as a ` Race tracks in Malaysia` thread track day

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
kol,
lolz...
gt3,
well said and i have to agree it's true.. there is not enuff support from the crowds for infact most of the local races.. but what infernal said is very true.. people dont know.. how to go leh......my self sometimes get news like "did you go to the sepang yesterday? the lotus damm fast liow"... and my response is like " sepang???? who?what?when?"... like dat lor.. the media coverage is not enuff for all the events... like as for the pass AFOS.... as i've monitored when i was there..... if it was'nt for the free tickets to car clubs... i think there was barely a 50people crowd on the stand......so there is not much support on car race events from spectators....in fact there was'nt much promotion or any support from local car shops or products promoting... i think the event organisers for local races should work more harder in getting the crowd and making the event more happening...
as for coming back to the tread on tracks in malaysia..hehehe..
mana lagi ada track in malaysia?..listing is:

1.Sepang
2.pasir gudang
3.dato sagor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys

I would also like to inform and share some new findings. My TiTAN suspension was dying on me for 3 occasions now and I thought I need to go back and re-valve / service / whatever.

Basically it's TiTAN's fault and not my fault.

But, for unknown reason, I did not go back and try to find out the truth behind the problems and all 4 occasions I was wrong to blame TiTAN, because it's my car's problem.

I am glad I didn't go back and shout at Richard "What the fcuk is going on with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience