S15 from Mutiara Motors

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Hi all sifus,

Did any of you happen to get your S15 from Mutiara Motors before?

Just wondering whether the S15s from them are reliable anot...

Thanks all. Cheers!

kenneth 3331

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
car from them is ok , and u will get a lot of gift from them when u bought that car.

kennji

Known Member
Mar 4, 2004
Cyberjaya
Visit site
oh...nothing wrong with johor plate. just that i'm not from johor hence i dun fancy a johor plate. and yes, u get many goodies like strut bars, oil cap, radiator cap, engine oil, t-shirt blah blah...maybe even a full set of exhaust too if you are lucky...

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
rite now registration is online..my fren bought car in pahang but register KL plate...n he said any region also can..

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Woah the freebies sound good! Thanks for the info!

I'm quite a noob in this, so was wondering if anyone could like provide a lowdown on what are the things to take note of when inspecting before buying a recond car?

Does anyone happen to know of any good S15 mechanic around JB area too?

Thanks!

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Eugene,

I think buying recond cars are always a matter of luck. Dealers/salesmen/women wouldnt know the 100% history of the vehicle. The importers depend on the technical sheet supplied with the vehicle after it goes thru inspection & certification by the Japanese RTA. Dealers just need to meet their sales target. At the end of the day its our call.

Mutiara imports from Koyu Ltd. Most of the cars are reliable but IMO avoid heavily moddified ones. Oh..and they only give u a month's warranty.

I just went thru a pewter spec-r last saturday. It is parked at the top. The car is waiting to hit the tracks with alot of greddy stuff such as the FMIC, TT, 6 dial gauges, SMI ecu etc..On top of that, Mutiara has added a profec type-s, infometer and a muffler. Also has recaros, CF hood and i forget..

Talk about temptation..no, not the band!!hahah

Good luck in your hunt man..

Cheers!:shades_smile:

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
JayDM,

Thanks for the heads up! The pewter one is exactly what I have in mind. How much did they quote you for that?

Your opinion is to avoid heavily modded ones... so what do you think about the pewter one you went through then? sounds quite modded... lol...

By the way, do you happen to know of any mechanics around JB whom I can get to help inspect the car before buying?

Hehe... are you going to succumb to the temptation?

Eugene

Eugene,

I think buying recond cars are always a matter of luck. Dealers/salesmen/women wouldnt know the 100% history of the vehicle. The importers depend on the technical sheet supplied with the vehicle after it goes thru inspection & certification by the Japanese RTA. Dealers just need to meet their sales target. At the end of the day its our call.

Mutiara imports from Koyu Ltd. Most of the cars are reliable but IMO avoid heavily moddified ones. Oh..and they only give u a month's warranty.

I just went thru a pewter spec-r last saturday. It is parked at the top. The car is waiting to hit the tracks with alot of greddy stuff such as the FMIC, TT, 6 dial gauges, SMI ecu etc..On top of that, Mutiara has added a profec type-s, infometer and a muffler. Also has recaros, CF hood and i forget..

Talk about temptation..no, not the band!!hahah

Good luck in your hunt man..

Cheers!:shades_smile:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Eugene,

Bro, i already have mine, got it a couple of months back :regular_smile:

Mutiara's price is reasonable, i didnt ask them but i'm guessing its about 135-140k

Personally, i would choose something with mild mods so that i can upgrade it myself gradually and so that i know what i put in exactly .But if you find it a hassle to do mods on your own, by all means get a 'packaged' machine.

Like i said, the pewter one is tempting, but i would avoid it. Its been 'used' if u can catch my 'drift'..

I think they have a few more subtle ones..check them all out before deciding.

As for mechanics in JB..i dun really know as i do my stuff in kl mostly..

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Jay,

Awesome, how's your ride coming along? I'll try to organize a TT session in JB should I be able to settle for one...

Eugene

Eugene,

Bro, i already have mine, got it a couple of months back :regular_smile:

Mutiara's price is reasonable, i didnt ask them but i'm guessing its about 135-140k

Personally, i would choose something with mild mods so that i can upgrade it myself gradually and so that i know what i put in exactly .But if you find it a hassle to do mods on your own, by all means get a 'packaged' machine.

Like i said, the pewter one is tempting, but i would avoid it. Its been 'used' if u can catch my 'drift'..

I think they have a few more subtle ones..check them all out before deciding.

As for mechanics in JB..i dun really know as i do my stuff in kl mostly..

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
hey guys is it possible if u can jz snap some pics of the nice condition s15s u see in Mutiara or any car dealer?

so hard to find one that has the 'original' look.....

has anyone chk out mutiara's webby? the only s15 - in white, looks quite subtle....wonder if its still around

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Toda,

I'll bring my camera along if I drop by MM this weekend. I think the pics you see on their website are more like sample pics of the models they have rather than the actual cars they have at their showroom..

Eugene

hey guys is it possible if u can jz snap some pics of the nice condition s15s u see in Mutiara or any car dealer?

so hard to find one that has the 'original' look.....

has anyone chk out mutiara's webby? the only s15 - in white, looks quite subtle....wonder if its still around

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Just got back from MM. They only had one S15 on display, which should be the one JayDM referred to. The salesgirl told me they've got 3 more coming in over the next couple of weeks. Probably will keep a lookout for those instead.

Here's some photos of the S15 on display:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Powerzone,

1. Have u done any blueprinting to a '95 Manual Transmission Perdana? What was the outcome?
  2. I have once undergone a complete top bottom overhaul of which the outcome now is miserably disappointing. Engine feels heavier, worst fuel consumption, pathetic dragging accelaration and aggravating engine noise. Mechanic did maximum rebore and plus some other junks which I hate to bring it back into this forum. How best can u flip this aroud?
  3. It seems that I seldom...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience