Digi - Most Coverage in Malaysia?!?!

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
2zz, no la just that the places they failed to receive fullbar transmission is not auspicious aka WONG

as per advert, u must consult a fengshui master to identify key auspicious areas in order to receive fullbar transmission ma.
haha nice one =)

benlim

Jul 13, 2006
Digi...in my room...suddenly no line suddenly half line...never full line...stupid la...widest covergae...KONON LAH!!!

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
@_@

hahaha very usefull information in here

CyborgR

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Perak
Visit site
lol, n digi really does put hell alot investment on advertising, newspaper/internet/cinema etc just every where omg

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
yeah..they really spent alot on branding.... but still..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Shouldn't complain about digi. They have good coverage..... in jungles, far away islands, deserted towns, in another planet, on Star Trek Enterprise ship, on the Millenium Falcon of Star Wars, on the planet of Ewoks, on the planet of the apes, in the grave yards, etc. See, they are so well covered. Oh... towns and residential areas? erm..... I wonder if digi will cover those areas soon.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
found this..

Little Rachel Chan gets to meet DiGi’s ‘yellow men’

Little Rachel Chan gets to meet DiGi’s ‘yellow men’
PETALING JAYA: Little Rachel Chan had been so enchanted by the yellow men on TV that she wanted to meet them. So the seven-year-old wrote them a letter.
“DiGi man, can you come to my house please? I like you because you are yellow.
“I see you on TV, you follow people; please, please, please come to my house and follow me to school.”
Yesterday, she got her wish. The yellow men showed up at her doorstep.
Dream come true: Rachel waiting to go to school with two DiGi YCFs at her home in Taman Megah on Monday.
Two DiGi Yellow Coverage Fellows (YCF) came to her house in Taman Megah here and the little girl hid shyly behind her mother when she saw them. But not for long.
Soon, she started dancing and gave jumping high fives to the duo.
Her first question was, “Why can’t they talk?”, which drew laughter from DiGi officials who explained to her that the YCF was like its namesake, a figure to represent a mobile phone's coverage capacity.
She then asked whether the YCF came in other colours besides yellow.
“Are there green or blue DiGi men, Mummy?
“Why aren't they doing the 'boing-boing' dance now?” the Year Two pupil asked.
Rachel, who first saw the antics of the YCF on television following mobile phone users to illustrate DiGi's wide coverage, had written the letter several weeks ago.
Without Rachel's knowledge, her mother Esther Lai forwarded the letter to the mobile communications provider.
“Almost every night before I tuck Rachel to bed we would download video clips of the YCF from the Internet and we would always have a good laugh watching what my daughter calls the 'boing-boing' dance.
“Even when we pass a DiGi outlet, she would ask me whether the DiGi man was inside hiding somewhere,” said Lai.
Rachel was chauffeur-driven in an MPV and accompanied by both YCFs to her school here yesterday, much to the envy of her schoolmates who were assembled in the hall.
Pandemonium filled the hall as the two YCFs thrilled the thousand-odd students with their “boing-boing dance.”
They also handed out candies and other goodies to them.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Digi suffered because they're in no way tied back to the Government.
That's after our Berjaya Group let go to A Swiss company (if I remember correctly).

Maxis has Anandan to thank to and the M'sian government wouldn't want to offend him.
Celcom now is co-owned by TM.
That's also who in the first place DIGI didn't manage to get their 3G license.
Even their transmission towers needs to be rented from Maxis or TM. That is why the coverage is not that good giving little transmission towers as compared to the other 2.

I might be biased towards DIGI because I've been using it for the past 8-9 years. But I do complain that coverage is not that good in West M'sia. But than again if you're in east malaysia you'll be thankful to DIGI.

But I do still see a future in DIGI. Have you guys ever noticed that they usually came out with the first strategy before everyone in the market follows them?!...
As far as i know, they're the first pre-paid.
They came out with 1 nation 1 call rate.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Digi suffered because they're in no way tied back to the Government.
That's after our Berjaya Group let go to A Swiss company (if I remember correctly).

Maxis has Anandan to thank to and the M'sian government wouldn't want to offend him.
Celcom now is co-owned by TM.
That's also who in the first place DIGI didn't manage to get their 3G license.
Even their transmission towers needs to be rented from Maxis or TM. That is why the coverage is not that good giving little transmission towers as compared to the other 2.

I might be biased towards DIGI because I've been using it for the past 8-9 years. But I do complain that coverage is not that good in West M'sia. But than again if you're in east malaysia you'll be thankful to DIGI.

But I do still see a future in DIGI. Have you guys ever noticed that they usually came out with the first strategy before everyone in the market follows them?!...
As far as i know, they're the first pre-paid.
They came out with 1 nation 1 call rate.
I agreed, they were good to customer n they rates are reasonable to me. If i am not mistaken they were the 1st telecommunication company to help the flood victims. HAve u seen damn rich ananda maxis do that ??

Have u all seen Maxis or Celcom help our culture ??? Like what digi is doing ?? helpin to prevent culture n adat resam n history that was forgoten by young kids today ???

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
agree with boon, without Digi,

For maxis/hotlink customer
1. You won't even dream to have the RM75 flat rate, zero monthly subscription package (my earlier maxis package start with RM60 monthly subscription, use it or not, Maxis will charge me RM60)

2. You still need to pay RM0.30 per minute/ RM0.60 for your post paid call/pre-paid package

3. You need to pay RM0.10 or higher per sms

4. You will need to spend RM200+ for your hotlink startup package (sim) with zero value loaded.

and the list goes on.

Digi give all kind of new innovative package with lower price.
They started with inter-company call, free 240 hrs phone call per months package. Celcom then follow suit.

Digi shall be laughing and thanks gov not providing them 3G license, as far as I know, no mobile player yet to make profit in 3G business, and 3.5G and 4G are on the way.
NTT DoCoMo, the first mobile service which lauch 3G service still having weak 3G sales in 2006 report, Hutchinson Hong Kong (Li Ka Shing's business) just reported losses in 3G is shrinking (at least some good news)

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i was informed by someone about this hehe
do u guys really really read the digi banners ?

it says Malaysia Widest High-Speed Coverage
u can actually see that the word high-speed isnt really put out for u to see
they did not mean phone signal/service coverage , its a business tactic i guess , they most probably meant something else like their EDGE or some other tech in terms of speed.

its like saying , i have the fastest bugati in malaysia , while the real info is its the one n only bugati 1940 which is far more slower than other cars :) got it ?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i was wondering can i do it myself ..... the thing whare ppl add rubber bush to the rear of the absorber there to lift the car mounting higher ..... does anyone know how to do it ? coz my car rear mounting is getting lower la wan push back up ....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience