A streetable 300whp NA VTEC

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Wow I honestly didn't know that:omg_smile: !As far as I know, Skunk2's Integra running a fully build K24 on methanol or alcohol or some funky fuel concoction is only getting 320+whp. And that's with ITBs! Would really like to know who can build a 350whp K:regular_smile: ??
Let me get the link to show you!

So did you meant "You are Malaysian, you made a K24/K20 with road fuel to get 300whp is a great achievement where else other tuners can only make 320whp with ITB + racing gas??? So the USA tuner suck and you are Great???"

:shocked:

TheGame

Feb 5, 2004
Actually guys, I'm not able to reveal too much about the build as it is not fair for the many parties involved..especially for the owner :regular_smile: !! Alot of time, effort and $$$ has been invested to obtain the info and data that we have in our hands today. But I will reveal as much as I think is fair for all. Thanks B :angel_smile: !

K24 short block - Stock Honda K24 crank with stock 99mm stroke.

Forged pistons (AvantGarde spec) - Bore size, compression and valve relief depth was made to AvantGarde spec. The exact spec of the piston would be the trade secreat part :fear: . Will post pics later though so u can check it out yourself.

Forged con-rods - I beams with XXX length :fear:

ACL Race series engine and con rod bearings
K20A oil pump
K20A water pump

Custom Crower Cams (AvantGarde spec) - Cams were custom build to AvantGarde own valve lift and duration spec. "Wish I had my own cam making machine"

Crower Valve springs
Ferrea stainless steel valves

A custom ported cylinder head (port and polished by AvantGarde) - Because the K24 is such a long stroke engine, the stock K20 heads will choke the engine at higher RPMs.From the bore, stroke and static compression ratio of an engine, one can calculate an estimated figure on how much the engine can ingest. With that estimated figure we start working on the head. From our own experience porting heads, we roughly know how much to cut to achive the flow figures we're aiming for.Since we're using oversize valves, the valve seats had to be replaced and the angles recut to again our own spec :fear: .After which we cc all the ports n combustion chamber to make sure eveything is equal.Then the head is send off to be flow benched. From then on it's just touching up here n there to make sure all the ports flow as equally as possible.

Jenvey individual throttle body (AvantGarde spec) - Funnel length and size as well as the throttle body size would be the secret part :fear: !!

Hytech custom build race header for K24 - We basically gave them our entire engine specs; bore size, stroke, compression ratio, cam spec and application and they just sorted everything out for us. RM6xxx and 3 months later...:rock:

Hondata K-Pro
Exedy Hyper Single Clutch set (the only jap item!!)
ARP bolts and head studs
Cometic head gasket
AEM aluminium pulleys
RC Engineering injectors - :fear:

Ok guys I hope I've answered most of your questions already. Will post pictures later tonight so stay tuned. Again, for those of you who are genuinely interested in our build, please come by and have a look for yourself. You won't be dissapointed :regular_smile: !!

TheGame

Feb 5, 2004
Let me get the link to show you!

So did you meant "You are Malaysian, you made a K24/K20 with road fuel to get 300whp is a great achievement where else other tuners can only make 320whp with ITB + racing gas??? So the USA tuner suck and you are Great???"

:shocked:
Ehh no lah. Why so defensive :omg_smile: ? No what I meant was that I didn't know it was possible to to get like 300whp without ITBs or there was a 350whp K series. Take it easy bro..no pun intended!:embaressed_smile:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hytech custom build race header for K24 - We basically gave them our entire engine specs; bore size, stroke, compression ratio, cam spec and application and they just sorted everything out for us. RM6xxx and 3 months later...:rock:
Woah.. hytech headers... serious build, this one..

Anyway.. still got one unanswered question.. stock K driveshafts on a 300whp build? (O_o)

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
A link to my comment on another thread and also the dyno charts since it is not listed here.

Cheers bro..

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/148173-modding-a-dc5-4.html#post2131710

Where is this dyno center, Thiam Seng Autronic??? Singapore?? Cause never heard this dyno center here??
my apologies, as mentioned in the other thread, car was tuned by Joel from Driven Asia Pacific - Drive the Future in Singapore. Thiam Seng Autronic is a dyno shop in Singapore.
As you know the head honcho personally, you can contact Joel to verfiy should you find it dodgy. And since you have more credibility than Gamer, maybe you liked to confirmed it here after you verify? Because whatever Gamer said is gonna be just another claim if there are no concrete evidence. Maybe thats why Gamer did encourage you guys to pay them a visit or contact them directly.
Btw, Joel is also responsible for orchestrating the engine build with abundance of information inputs directly from both Hondata and Crower. Avantgarde are the people who built and refined it. It is basically a collabaration. Then again...maybe 300whp with normal fuel, power steering and aircon is no big deal to a lot here in the forum.................
Seriously dude, I come here in peace. I just want to share FACTS. Nothing more....

btw, dyno chart again:
Yahoo! Photos - k24 flywheel power
Yahoo! Photos - k24 wheel power

And Avantgarde Contacts : James 0192828640, Eric 0173341223

Last edited:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
wait,i remember reading frm Honda Tuning whr Hytech Exhaust has build their Acura RSX 2 hit 279whp,or was it 297whp?i can't remember...n its a K20A.d blue RSX was featured on d cover 2gether d Hasport's yellow Civic Si whc has a supercharged K24A under d hood!so,w a K24A,i guess 300whp is achieveable......
anyway,u keep asking ppl 2 come over 2 haf a look but i can't seem 2 find ur location..did u post it sumwhr n did i miss it?
thx

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Game ,,,hmm i dunno why your parts list didnt impress me,,,frankly. Its just another go buy parts whatever you want thread,,,i need more technical details, compression,,ignition setup,,crank design,,,port photos,,,chamber photos. Pls provide us the most realistic setup than you can share off. K20 excites me,,,,YES.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
my apologies, as mentioned in the other thread, car was tuned by Joel from Driven Asia Pacific - Drive the Future in Singapore. Thiam Seng Autronic is a dyno shop in Singapore.
As you know the head honcho personally, you can contact Joel to verfiy should you find it dodgy. And since you have more credibility than Gamer, maybe you liked to confirmed it here after you verify? Because whatever Gamer said is gonna be just another claimed if there are no concrete evidence. Maybe thats why Gamer did encourage you guys to pay them a visit or contact them directly.
Btw, Joel is also responsible for orchestrating the engine build with abundance of information inputs directly from both Hondata and Crower. Avantgarde are the people who built and refined it. It is basically a collabaration. Then again...maybe 300whp with normal fuel, power steering and aircon is no big deal to a lot here in the forum.................
Seriously dude, I come here in peace. I just want to share info. Nothing more....
Feed us more technical spec pls,,,,k20 makes me hungry lah.:shades_smile:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hattech-v,
nabeh u...in d end sure u wana kenakan me heh?dey,4 once,lets not hijack ppl's thread......coz its been a LONG LONG time since such interesting thread has surfaced......

n yeah,i still wana know d location of dis AvantGarde garage?

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Actually guys, I'm not able to reveal too much about the build as it is not fair for the many parties involved..especially for the owner :regular_smile: !! Alot of time, effort and $$$ has been invested to obtain the info and data that we have in our hands today. But I will reveal as much as I think is fair for all. Thanks B :angel_smile: !

K24 short block - Stock Honda K24 crank with stock 99mm stroke.

Forged pistons (AvantGarde spec) - Bore size, compression and valve relief depth was made to AvantGarde spec. The exact spec of the piston would be the trade secreat part :fear: . Will post pics later though so u can check it out yourself.

Forged con-rods - I beams with XXX length :fear:

ACL Race series engine and con rod bearings
K20A oil pump
K20A water pump

Custom Crower Cams (AvantGarde spec) - Cams were custom build to AvantGarde own valve lift and duration spec. "Wish I had my own cam making machine"

Crower Valve springs
Ferrea stainless steel valves

A custom ported cylinder head (port and polished by AvantGarde) - Because the K24 is such a long stroke engine, the stock K20 heads will choke the engine at higher RPMs.From the bore, stroke and static compression ratio of an engine, one can calculate an estimated figure on how much the engine can ingest. With that estimated figure we start working on the head. From our own experience porting heads, we roughly know how much to cut to achive the flow figures we're aiming for.Since we're using oversize valves, the valve seats had to be replaced and the angles recut to again our own spec :fear: .After which we cc all the ports n combustion chamber to make sure eveything is equal.Then the head is send off to be flow benched. From then on it's just touching up here n there to make sure all the ports flow as equally as possible.

Jenvey individual throttle body (AvantGarde spec) - Funnel length and size as well as the throttle body size would be the secret part :fear: !!

Hondata K-Pro
Exedy Hyper Single Clutch set (the only jap item!!)
ARP bolts and head studs
Cometic head gasket
AEM aluminium pulleys
RC Engineering injectors - :fear:

Ok guys I hope I've answered most of your questions already. Will post pictures later tonight so stay tuned. Again, for those of you who are genuinely interested in our build, please come by and have a look for yourself. You won't be dissapointed :regular_smile: !!
Game,,,what is the k24 bore/stroke size,,,? and what is the target RPM ?

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
Feed us more technical spec pls,,,,k20 makes me hungry lah.:shades_smile:
The project belongs to many entities. I think thats the most they can provide. If you need more info and specs, as mentioned before, please contact Avantgarde or Driven driectly.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
aisey... cannot wait for the dyno chart laa...
if cannot post here akuma oso can claim his b16 got 388atw hp....
Aisey.. don't tipu people lah mie.. Everyone knows akuma got 888 at the wheels...

The toyo R888s, that is..
Wakakaka..

Tok kok conversation session ends..
So.. Game, I'm assuming you got the stage 2 driveshafts from driveshaft shop? El-expensivo! (O_o)

If not.. damn.. I didn't know the stock K units can take that kind of power... cool...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So Motorsport Playground was at the recent Tokyo Motorshow and has provided us with a gallery of the latest concepts, Japanese cult models, some bikes and interesting wildcards. Sit back and enjoy this first post with tons of pictures.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience