Modding A DC5.

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
Eg K20

The boys at Avantgarde just blueprinted a DC5 K20 with K24 bottom block. The DC5 is pulling about 300BHP at the wheels. They have also blueprinted my K20 in an EG with approx 230bhp at the wheels. They are currently building another K20 with K24 block. You might want to give them a call to see what they have done.
What type of header was used on the EG? If it was custom, where to make it?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Johnny

Are you looking for a K20 header for EG/EK?

I can get you a custom one from USA if interested.

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
296hp at the wheels to be exact. Oh well, they are building another one at the moment. pay them a visit if you are still curious.Btw, all these are figures on dyno, not claimed.
The k20 header is made in Malaysia. Designed and developed by Avantgarde. You can view it there.

Last edited:

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
guys,
as promised, the dyno chart.
As for the build up process, you will need to refer to the other thread, that is, if they still find it a point to do so.
btw, with so much enthusiasm and excitment and even suspicion, why not just pay them a visit to see what has been done? or give them a call even. We ought to understand that somethings are not meant to be shared because it does not solely belongs to them, but since there is an offer to share to sincer parties who would enquire personally, why not do that if you are keen to know? I mean, the engine is there, the parts are there, if you think they are full of shit, why not clarify only after you have verify? I alway thought this is a forum for information or channels to information or is it for personal agenda?

Yahoo! Photos - k24 flywheel power
Yahoo! Photos - k24 wheel power

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
guys,
as promised, the dyno chart.
As for the build up process, you will need to refer to the other thread, that is, if they still find it a point to do so.
btw, with so much enthusiasm and excitment and even suspicion, why not just pay them a visit to see what has been done? or give them a call even. We ought to understand that somethings are not meant to be shared because it does not solely belongs to them, but since there is an offer to share to sincer parties who would enquire personally, why not do that if you are keen to know? I mean, the engine is there, the parts are there, if you think they are full of shit, why not clarify only after you have verify? I alway thought this is a forum for information or channels to information or is it for personal agenda?

Yahoo! Photos - k24 flywheel power
Yahoo! Photos - k24 wheel power
Cool it bro... We don't meant to flame anyone.. We are indeed here to share and learn.. Not everyone is saying Advangarde is full of shit??? Those guys in the modding scene will know that Advangarde did bought over the EG-K20A from Joel-Driven some time back and had been doing some development on this engine.

We are not doubting the competency or professionalism of Advangarde. I believe they know their shit and know how to build a proper one with the proper resources and proper funds from his customers.

It is a newbie (TheGame) forumer who comes in BIG FONTS and saying that ZTH members are non-believer and saying us (the ZTH forumer) as TALKING only phrasing in such away that we are all here with nothing better to do than just Talking and chatting rubbish here.

He said he has HANDS ON building this engine and not just READ or HEARD.

He started off saying he wants to share his HANDS on experience then followed by the last sentenced saying its a trade secret and not sharing.

Then the next post an hour later, he had a so call LIST which are all just general infos that are easily available.

With a post like this, to me is not sharing info or building experience :confused_smile:

HE should have just started thread with "To show you guys what we or my mech or whoever can do this 300whp with K24/K20 hybrid in Malaysia," with a dyno chart and provide general info as a way to promote his company or friends company whatsoever.

I'm sure being a little more polite on 1st couple of post would left him but banging in with such a statement is like telling NO ONE in Malaysia can do it except them which would have struck such a controvesial.

Like i said in another post, I'm giving him credit for making this possible in Malaysia but we just wanted more info to share as he is willing to share his hands on experience.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace and cheers :shades_smile:

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
Very fair,i must agree with you. It just wasnt right. But hey, not everyone understand the politics behind internet forums and how powerful it can be. If you dont do it right, you get flamed big time and it can kill you. See what he has got himself into? Best of all, guess what, that newbie happens to be one of the owner from Avantgarde.
They got a bit too excited on what they have achieved, it might be simple to a lot but a lot of effort and R&D was involved along the way. Give them a chance on forum, I am sure they would have learnt
peace to you too bro

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Very fair,i must agree with you. It just wasnt right. But hey, not everyone understand the politics behind internet forums and how powerful it can be. If you dont do it right, you get flamed big time and it can kill you. See what he has got himself into? Best of all, guess what, that newbie happens to be one of the owner from Avantgarde.
They got a bit too excited on what they have achieved, it might be simple to a lot but a lot of effort and R&D was involved along the way. Give them a chance on forum, I am sure they would have learnt
peace to you too bro
yeah its true and my hobby is to flame ppl:shades_smile: but not all,,,,only those fakers and those whois saying nonsense that makes me wanna puke. No offence to you all readers,,,only fakers need to be crammed down.

Last edited:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Cool it bro... We don't meant to flame anyone.. We are indeed here to share and learn.. Not everyone is saying Advangarde is full of shit??? Those guys in the modding scene will know that Advangarde did bought over the EG-K20A from Joel-Driven some time back and had been doing some development on this engine.

We are not doubting the competency or professionalism of Advangarde. I believe they know their shit and know how to build a proper one with the proper resources and proper funds from his customers.

It is a newbie (TheGame) forumer who comes in BIG FONTS and saying that ZTH members are non-believer and saying us (the ZTH forumer) as TALKING only phrasing in such away that we are all here with nothing better to do than just Talking and chatting rubbish here.

He said he has HANDS ON building this engine and not just READ or HEARD.

He started off saying he wants to share his HANDS on experience then followed by the last sentenced saying its a trade secret and not sharing.

Then the next post an hour later, he had a so call LIST which are all just general infos that are easily available.

With a post like this, to me is not sharing info or building experience :confused_smile:

HE should have just started thread with "To show you guys what we or my mech or whoever can do this 300whp with K24/K20 hybrid in Malaysia," with a dyno chart and provide general info as a way to promote his company or friends company whatsoever.

I'm sure being a little more polite on 1st couple of post would left him but banging in with such a statement is like telling NO ONE in Malaysia can do it except them which would have struck such a controvesial.

Like i said in another post, I'm giving him credit for making this possible in Malaysia but we just wanted more info to share as he is willing to share his hands on experience.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace and cheers :shades_smile:
Yup ppl with all the money can buy list paired with a crazy horsepower number also makes me yawn:Not_Impressed: ,,power is not based on parts alone. Hot water + teh cannot become teh tarik,,,its the tarik skill thats makes it perfect.:shades_smile:

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
Yup ppl with all the money can buy list paired with a crazy horsepower number also makes me yawn:Not_Impressed: ,,power is not based on parts alone. Hot water + teh cannot become teh tarik,,,its the tarik skill thats makes it perfect.:shades_smile:
yup agreed, oh well, they made the teh tarik but they just dont know the politically correct way to tell everyone how they made it nice.
Let's face the fact of life, you do need proper tea leaves in the first place to make good teh tarik. So maybe they are fortunate enough for someone to buy the the tea leaves for them to make the teh tarik properly.

By the way, just to clarify, if you read through the threads, they might have been a bit edgy at first but they definetly did not claimed "No one else in Malaysia could do" in any part of their posting. ;)

Last edited:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
yup agreed, oh well, they made the teh tarik but they just dont know the politically correct way to tell everyone how they made it nice.
Let's face the fact of life, you do need proper tea leaves in the first place to make good teh tarik. So maybe they are fortunate enough for someone to buy the the tea leaves for them to make the teh tarik properly.

By the way, just to clarify, if you read through the threads, they might have been a bit edgy at first but they definetly did not claimed "No one else in Malaysia could do" in any part of their posting. ;)
Very true... That's why i say i give credits to them in making this happen here. :regular_smile:

bornzreign

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
dont drink and drive...
smoke and fly..
make love not war...
make frens not foe..
make money n die rich or..
make sumthing n die trying..

PEACE

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If your thoughts on the smallest car in the world happens to be the Peel P50, there's something smaller, although, not made to carry any passengers. The DENSO Micro-Car is a miniature version of Toyota's first passenger car, the 1936 Model AA sedan and it is 1/1000 of the original car size.

The micro-car comes with complete...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience