Megasquirt

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Emmm....Cipan may be not in Malaysia or the "Master" too busy.

Can some one help on this "switch" ?

Thanks in advance.

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dear All,
Under took the MS assembly last weekend .... was too anxious and did not read instructions properly so now its damage control. My personal opinion is that its not too difficult of a project to undertake, I fumbled b'cos I underestimate.... so for those who has never touch electronics don't be detered just need lots of patience thats all.... just my 2 sen....

Last edited:

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
h2zero,

which part have u damaged it?
Kenneth thanks for the concern. I don't think I broke anything. Its just that some components needed to be raised which I did not and the MOSFET the should be parellel to the PCB with the heat sink sandwiched. I soldered all the MOSFET standing so what I will do is cut a piece of aluminium with a 90 degree bend and bolt the MOSFET to which i will attach to the PCB. I really hope this would dissipate the heat. I checked even with the MOSFET standing it will fit into the case. So lets hope all turns well.

Any comments...?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
should be OK too but remember to use some heatsink paste, also there are two components at the heatsink that requires you to use mica, do use it and test the resistance between the heatsink area and the metal part of the component, make sure it's not connected or has a really big resistance....

another easier job is of coz desolder the mosfet and bend it nicely before resoldering, or u can try bending the soldered mosfet to find the aluminium but u need to make sure there is no gaps in between the mosfet and the heatsink....

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
should be OK too but remember to use some heatsink paste, also there are two components at the heatsink that requires you to use mica, do use it and test the resistance between the heatsink area and the metal part of the component, make sure it's not connected or has a really big resistance....

another easier job is of coz desolder the mosfet and bend it nicely before resoldering, or u can try bending the soldered mosfet to find the aluminium but u need to make sure there is no gaps in between the mosfet and the heatsink....
Kenneth,
Are the MOSFET easily found. I have just found out that the MAP sensor is attached to the bottom of the PCB, that woudl mean with the MOSFET standing it will not fit into the case. However I have not tried to desolder and bend the MOSFET as yet as I am skeptical that there would be enough length left to compensate for the bend.....:confused_smile:

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
H2, you mean is the mosfet easily replaceable? i think so, but not too sure of your locality for electronic parts.... anyway for the MPX4250 Map sensor, you need to bend the legs too, check your casing that comes together, try do a trial fitting onto your casing before soldering the MAP sensor, coz u gotta bend it in a way that the map sensor hole facing directly to the hole ready made at the casing area, end of the day u need to connect the vacuum hose directly thru that hole.

i suggest you just desolder the mosfet and resolder it again, this time bend the legs first make sure it fits and the body of the mosfet sits perfectly flat towards the heatsink (remember heatsink paste), dun worry the legs are long enuff, this is better than if u make a 90 degree extra aluminium to connect to ur mosfet coz i'm not too sure whether the mosfet is touching the casing, that's y u should also do trial fitting with your casing....

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
another point that your extra aluminium extension to your mosfet is that it creates vibration and simply doesn't look nice at all....

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
H2, you mean is the mosfet easily replaceable? i think so, but not too sure of your locality for electronic parts.... anyway for the MPX4250 Map sensor, you need to bend the legs too, check your casing that comes together, try do a trial fitting onto your casing before soldering the MAP sensor, coz u gotta bend it in a way that the map sensor hole facing directly to the hole ready made at the casing area, end of the day u need to connect the vacuum hose directly thru that hole.

i suggest you just desolder the mosfet and resolder it again, this time bend the legs first make sure it fits and the body of the mosfet sits perfectly flat towards the heatsink (remember heatsink paste), dun worry the legs are long enuff, this is better than if u make a 90 degree extra aluminium to connect to ur mosfet coz i'm not too sure whether the mosfet is touching the casing, that's y u should also do trial fitting with your casing....
Kenneth,
Thanks for support and advice.....

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
great effort there!! i'm sure cipan could settle all your other worries.....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
cipan is a bit busy now, completing an RB25DET cefiro megasquirt project. next time my car will have an easy time megasquirting as there is already a successful test rat hehe

Stewart

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
kl
sorry ya.. wanna ask an abit out question la.. is ms can sense speedo signal? thanks

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
cipan is a bit busy now, completing an RB25DET cefiro megasquirt project. next time my car will have an easy time megasquirting as there is already a successful test rat hehe
Oh .... I am not in a hurry, Patience is a virtue. So, Khoyos is the RB25 your new toy?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All,

Planning to get some stuff from overseas and I was stuck as they ask which engine I'm using now. When I told them I'm having a Mitsu E2, they are not sure and ask me whether it's a 6 bolts and 7 bolts engine...????

So my questions, what is 6 bolts and 7 bolts? Which engine is using 6 bolts and which is using 7 bolts?

vr4, e1, e2, e3 - 6 bolts???
e4 and above - 7 bolts????

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience