honda civic 2nd gen/1st gen owner !!!

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
find slowly la...can find one...hehehe......i found a chopshop in rawang...selling like 70% 1st gen accord stuff....but dunno got civic 1st or 2nd gen anot....

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
hey....who is the owner of the orange 1st gen. I always see the car in subang SS15. Love what u did to it man.....

Talking about putting B16 engine into the 1st gen. Yes, it can be fixed. My mechanic used to drive it WITH webber carburetor. About the JPJ approval i think there should not be any problem. JPJ allow a car to upgrade the cc up to 30% of original cc. So 1st gen civic cc is 1237 x 30% = 371.1, when add them up will give u 1608.1 (if they never change the r&r lar)

Do check this website out. Classic Honda's :: 1stgencivic.com
Base on the 25% cc increment, jpj will approve. But dun forget bout d chassic cutting (cut & paste) in-order to fit the bigger engine b16a inside. I heard puspakom didin allow tis, unless u go under table, correct me if i'm wrong.
Mine 2nd gen wif d15b also need to cut & 'katuk' just to give clearance for the pulley. i guess 1st gen need to cut more n have to sacrify the air-con also.

Saffel_Keat

Mar 1, 2007
oooo....i didn't know about the rule for cutting chassic by JPJ/Puspakon. In that case i think have to go under table already. 1st gen have to cut a lot, front n back.

Saffel_Keat

Mar 1, 2007
Need some help guys.
I'm going to change my carburetor unit but not a weber one lar....(petrol price to expensive). And i'm thinking of changing the air filter together. So my question is:

1) which K&N model to used
2) do u keep the original style or change to the mashroom head one? Which is a better choice?

<azzump®>

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
yeahh....Honda boleh!!!! hahahah...no worries man as long it is a 1st gen and old skool. Another rare item is the 1st gen of City turbo.

Guys do u all know where to buy the side bumper (the black plastic thing-ing) for 1st gen. I have visit botol shop they ask me to get the 2nd gen one and mod it. Not for me i want to maintain the car as original if possible.

dunno where to find the rare item..

but i just want to share the city turbo enginea.k.a COMBAX(red colored cover) the engine is unique by itself.. high torque n tough turbos.

the engine will response better with inter cooler attached to it n u can rev ur engine like NA..huhuhuu.. i'd experience it.. i rev the engine all the way from kl - jb..no overheating..no turbo jerking..damn i miss the engine..huhu..lost it in an accident.

the combax has it own league if im not mistaken. even the Aussie love it..

cheers

<azzump®>

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
d white 2nd gen simply beautiful!!
:shades_smile:
thanks dude..

now the white 2nd gen in the next step of making...
the interior stuff..

will update u soon, cause still in the progress..

i think i need to change the engine due to the heart failure..hehehe..
any suggestion guys?
:shades_smile:

bomohymns

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006
padangbesardotcom.forumotion.com
Gearbox 5-speed for sale

hi guyz...

gearbox 5-speed for civic first generation...(engine code : EB, EC and EM)
for standard motor 1.5cc AND 1.3cc maybe also can (4-doors)
price : rm 350

thNK U

sam6dg

Oct 1, 2007
hey guys im looking for a civic 1st/2nd gen running condition.
price around RM1300. location somewhere around KL/Selangor.
please help!

ibnujalal

Nov 4, 2008
Salam all..
i have 1st gen civic ori enjin cvcc two door (civic kumbang)
got problem with car wiring and also the enjin (hard to search the spare part)
already one years ++ not running

i need to change the enjin, any advice for the type of the enjin can be assamble in this cvcc?
no need powerfull enjin..just need to run the car...

combax monster

Known Member
Nov 12, 2008
Kuala lumpur
need a new paint....maybe at the n of this year....the black fender has been rebuilt using fibreglass....thats why i spray the flatblack color to save the cost hahaha!!!!...converted to EW1 motor...from civic mayat (12-valve 1.5 sohc)

bro where to rebuilt fender fiberglass?

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
Wow... U are using D15B? The normal or the 3 stage one? Btw, if i want to install the 3 stage D15b, that shall I need? Sorry for this question but i am kinda noob in this. For example, can I use the D15B engine with my 2nd gen Civic gearbox? Or anyone else kindly share any details?

To TS, I'm driving a Civic 2nd Gen too, year 1983 if not mistaken. Hehe....

Bump: Wow... U are using D15B? The normal or the 3 stage one? Btw, if i want to install the 3 stage D15b, that shall I need? Sorry for this question but i am kinda noob in this. For example, can I use the D15B engine with my 2nd gen Civic gearbox? Or anyone else kindly share any details?

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
Wow... U are using D15B? The normal or the 3 stage one? Btw, if i want to install the 3 stage D15b, that shall I need? Sorry for this question but i am kinda noob in this. For example, can I use the D15B engine with my 2nd gen Civic gearbox? Or anyone else kindly share any details?

Bump: Wow... U are using D15B? The normal or the 3 stage one? Btw, if i want to install the 3 stage D15b, that shall I need? Sorry for this question but i am kinda noob in this. For example, can I use the D15B engine with my 2nd gen Civic gearbox? Or anyone else kindly share any details?

yeah, is 3 stage, normally it come wif cvt b/box (manual ori ek3 is super hard to find). u can either mate wif ef (cable) or eg/ek (Hydroulic) manual g/box.

Last time my chasis need to cut n ketuk due to auto g/box coz auto g/box is bigger than manual. If u swap in d manual g/box at d first place then no need to cut, ngam2 go in. I'd also regret bcoz didin swap in d manual g/box first. :mad:

My advice, go for D15B Vtec from EG series instead of 3-Stage EK3 bcoz D15B Vtec EG is more on performance while EK3 is combination between economy n performance. But who care bout fuel economy if u wanna go fast...:biggrin: If manual D15B Vtec in 2nd gen, those EG wif stock b16a will find face hard time wif u. My fren D15B Vtec in 1st gen can tapau those EF/EG wif B16A..:adore:

Btw, if D15B 3-stage vtec convert to manual, d problem u facing later on is d ecu. EK3 manual ecu also super rare to find one. In-order to utilize d true power from d manual g/box, u need to find manual ecu. So u need to convert d ODB-2A to ODB-1 wiring (which mean EG series).

Anyway, i'd oledi sold my car oledi last year to awner from JB. Thanks.... I miss my car....:smokin:

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
yeah, is 3 stage, normally it come wif cvt b/box (manual ori ek3 is super hard to find). u can either mate wif ef (cable) or eg/ek (Hydroulic) manual g/box.

Last time my chasis need to cut n ketuk due to auto g/box coz auto g/box is bigger than manual. If u swap in d manual g/box at d first place then no need to cut, ngam2 go in. I'd also regret bcoz didin swap in d manual g/box first. :mad:

My advice, go for D15B Vtec from EG series instead of 3-Stage EK3 bcoz D15B Vtec EG is more on performance while EK3 is combination between economy n performance. But who care bout fuel economy if u wanna go fast...:biggrin: If manual D15B Vtec in 2nd gen, those EG wif stock b16a will find face hard time wif u. My fren D15B Vtec in 1st gen can tapau those EF/EG wif B16A..:adore:

Btw, if D15B 3-stage vtec convert to manual, d problem u facing later on is d ecu. EK3 manual ecu also super rare to find one. In-order to utilize d true power from d manual g/box, u need to find manual ecu. So u need to convert d ODB-2A to ODB-1 wiring (which mean EG series).

Anyway, i'd oledi sold my car oledi last year to awner from JB. Thanks.... I miss my car....:smokin:
So bro, I can't use my original 2nd Gen Gearbox for the the D15B, regardless if it was 3 stage or not? My prpose of changing the engine is for the fuel economy, that is why I wanted to swap the 3-stage so much (depends on availability also). So, if really can't get the 3 stage G/Box, can I still use the 3 stage engine, but with EG manual Geaerbox? And what is ECU? Do I need the EK3 ECU (manual) or since EK3 ECU is hard to find, EG's ECU is gonna do the job for the EK3 engine? Ah.. There are so many things i dunno... Please explain in detail to this noob bro...

And, how much do u spend for everything? Some more, the suspension system... Use which one? Will have problem since chasis will be different already? Ur help will be much appreciated!

Last edited:

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
So bro, I can't use my original 2nd Gen Gearbox for the the D15B, regardless if it was 3 stage or not? My prpose of changing the engine is for the fuel economy, that is why I wanted to swap the 3-stage so much (depends on availability also). So, if really can't get the 3 stage G/Box, can I still use the 3 stage engine, but with EG manual Geaerbox? And what is ECU? Do I need the EK3 ECU (manual) or since EK3 ECU is hard to find, EG's ECU is gonna do the job for the EK3 engine? Ah.. There are so many things i dunno... Please explain in detail to this noob bro...

And, how much do u spend for everything? Some more, the suspension system... Use which one? Will have problem since chasis will be different already? Ur help will be much appreciated!
If fuel consumption is ur concern, then better get D15B-E (non-vtec SOHC) from either from EG or EK (forget which oledi) and get sohc vtec g/box from either ef of eg bcoz their final gear is d highest (4.25). :smokin:

ECU (Electronic Control Unit) = Brain

Since u instead EK3 D15B 3-stage vtec, for less headache dun change d g/box, use bek d cvt g/box. FC (fuel consumption) juz more or less than manual (Manual will always praaangggg one - so fc is not good also...:thefinger:). Sumore 2nd gen quite light around 850kg so fc will ok eventhough u drop in auto. But tis cvt g/box quite pamper one, need to take extra care (better to use bek HONDA ATF g/box oil).

Btw, for better FC, use bek d ori exhaust piping as well as muffler (i mean ori 2nd gen piping + muffler). Suspension pula, custom made adjustable, but since u wanna save fuel one better dun do anything loh coz adjustable is for better conering with higher speed...:thefinger:. Too hard punya suspension will make ur chasis to crack (old oledi mah ur car).....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, this is my first post:

I have a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. I got everything done at Pacific Coast Motoring. They're good but expensive. My rearview camera, underglow, and train horn are not working. Is there any place anybody knows of in the San Fernando Valley in SOCAL that can do a good job and fix this stuff up on my car? Anyone but Safe & Sound, PCM, or GAS.

Thanks Guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience