want to turbo my b16..good idea?

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
hahahah... unpimping hahaha.... i need a stock car already cannot afford to buy another car so just unpimp my car and drive it as it is eekekeke...

Mellon@

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
CKCL_63

hello bang...didnt know that u r also in ZTH, so hows ur monster?

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
yes you can produce highpower from std block with no sleeves or block guard. But the question to ask is for how long can it last...R u building the engine for daily driven? or just for dyno shoot out??
better safe than sorry, blockguard is not expensive to invest on nowadays just for the extra safety...just my 2 cents or maybe 1 cent

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
vtec turbo forum available in force induction column to whomeva wants to know more or would like to contribute info...

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
yes you can produce highpower from std block with no sleeves or block guard. But the question to ask is for how long can it last...R u building the engine for daily driven? or just for dyno shoot out??
better safe than sorry, blockguard is not expensive to invest on nowadays just for the extra safety...just my 2 cents or maybe 1 cent
block guard is a good investment that is inexpensive, I agree with that. but my point is, the stock B16 bottom is reasonably strong to withstand decent amount of boost. of course they cannot compare with aftermarket parts that's made specifically for boost/racing application.

just that i think the link can give some hope to those who wants little boost for their street b16. with proper tuning, i believe it'd be safe. :shades_smile:

my friend is currently doing a vtec turbo project on his eg9. he's retaining the stock block, but adding extra layer of head gasket to slightly reduce the compression. still waiting for the result.

Last edited:

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Good luck to your friend on the project. Keep us updated on the project. Always good to know more n more force induction vtec on the road nowadays... sometimes its a bit lonely when you cant find any friends with the same species...if you know wut i mean.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volvo car owners are always assured of the best every time they send their rides to authorized Volvo service centers for periodic maintenance or trouble shooting but starting today, 1 July, until 30 September, owners stand to be rewarded with savings on parts and service vouchers as part of the carmaker’s ‘Yes You Can’ campaign.

During the campaign period, owners that send their Volvos to authorized...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience