want to turbo my b16..good idea?

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
JFD,

read thoroughly and you'll know what's the pros & cons .. increase of 75 to 100 hp and boosting 0.5bar ... and rebuilding the engine for further spec again ... $$$$$ which will be even more so RM15K i guess it's not that expensive and boosting 1 - 1.3 bar getting a whooping minimum of 280hp .. you all decide ..
anyway it's no harm to check the spec with them and also enquire their comment ...... it's still turbo

" But our kits only utilizing Stock Bone Honda engine, with 0.5Bar boost and gaining only 75-100hp. Its nothing compare to 500whp. But its a 1st step. U can slowly rebuild your engine after that to achieve the power u desired. "

Last edited:

civic 0.5 BAR

Known Member
Jun 3, 2006
BOT = bolt on turbo ... i think you can get it at a cost of RM6-8K but it does not include the management or piston,fuel pump,oil pump,fuel regulator,metal gasket & etc.
Ok!Ok! let's just cost it up ... for upgrade to T/C to be on the safe egde .. piston need to be change to low compression so supercharge 4 cost saving(dunno price), metal gasket RM6++, fuel pump walbro (RM6++) OR you can install Bosch external fuel pump (RM3++), fuel regulator SARD(RM400 new),
VR4 injector (RM300 2nd hand), Oil Pump Type R (RM250 more or less 2nd hand but it's better to get new RM5++), turbine TD05+intercooler =(RM1+++ 2ND HAND), valve spring (RM300-400 Type R 2nd hand),intercooler piping (est RM1.1K),
wastegate (TIAL RM900), header (RM500 2nd hand), management E-Manage RM600-700 2nd hand excluding installation + tuning, BOV (RM300 2ND HAND), MTRS your choice = boost+exht temp+fuel pressure+water temp, lsd (RM1.5K), silicon hoses + labour charges + exhaust piping .... with this setup you can boost at least 1 bar .... u calculate and who says upgrading turbo is cheap even if you were to upgrade to NA performance spec it's even more expensive..... agree

how about if boosting 0.5 bar but still using original ecu?
how many bar original map sensor can detect?
i just using greddy rebic2 with aditioner 2 injertor,but after boosting 0.7 bar,and i maintain normal running like 3000rpm.my car will bre,need restart,is it because of map sensor?

Last edited:

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
bro .. did the check light ignite ? check the trouble code ... it could be your fuel link ... but if possible get a P/B, change to a GSR injector linking bypass to a ballast ... did you change the fuel pump .... and yes it could be your map sensor.
When I first upgrade my engine I was on stock ecu & stock injector without extra injector but using toyota 1J map sensor ... still OK to boost 0.9bar ... btw is yours BOT or upgrade ... ?? would like to know your spec ... and you can always post in Force induction = vtec turbo forum .. I believe there'll be a lot of sifu's there ....

civic 0.5 BAR

Known Member
Jun 3, 2006
bro .. did the check light ignite ? check the trouble code ... it could be your fuel link ... but if possible get a P/B, change to a GSR injector linking bypass to a ballast ... did you change the fuel pump .... and yes it could be your map sensor.
When I first upgrade my engine I was on stock ecu & stock injector without extra injector but using toyota 1J map sensor ... still OK to boost 0.9bar ... btw is yours BOT or upgrade ... ?? would like to know your spec ... and you can always post in Force induction = vtec turbo forum .. I believe there'll be a lot of sifu's there ....

i already remove out d check light due i change to manual gearbox n the light always on,:confused_smile:
ij map sensor just plug and play?can support till 1.2bar?
my BOT spect,
1 td04
2 evo size intercooler
3 custom extrator n piping
4 greddy rebic 2 with 2injertor 550cc
5 mecsides coil
6 already replace other type piston ( low compress)

CKCL_63

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
bro civic 0.5 bar,
I would suggest you to install the 3bar map sensor & retune your ride .. check the A/F ratio is it lean ?? I would suggest you to get an EMS and settle the check light in case there are other problems you can check the trouble code .... my 2 cents.

civic 0.5 BAR

Known Member
Jun 3, 2006
bro civic 0.5 bar,
I would suggest you to install the 3bar map sensor & retune your ride .. check the A/F ratio is it lean ?? I would suggest you to get an EMS and settle the check light in case there are other problems you can check the trouble code .... my 2 cents.

just wanna try in ori ecu,thks ur guidens
how il map sensor?just plug n play?need do some modified?

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
bro,
firstly you have to change the piston, gasket,fuel pump,oil pump,injector and most important EMS such as piggy back example .. HKS,e-manage ultimate,obit, Apexi power FC & etc ...... for starter TD04 & TD05 both can be use & as for intercooler if possible get an EVO 3 .. what actually is your expectation ??
With your setup how was the response like,,,any eccessive turbolag ?

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
looks like an interesting thread ... anyway i got a turbo kit for sale... maybe anyone interested can pm k ...

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
looks like an interesting thread ... anyway i got a turbo kit for sale... maybe anyone interested can pm k ...

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
hey watsup crower75...hows life man... yeah long time havent been posting in here... ekekek .. anyway accidently posted so many times hahaha my internet here sucks big time so i think i accidently press 3 times hahahaha ... anyway i planning to do back stock my car ... so i got the kit which i am gonna take out by end of april after the street tunner thingi event in bukit jalil ... so who ever interested you are more then welcome to pm me k ... ekekeke

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This really made my day, my friend tagged me in FB on this :rofl: :laugh:

Enjoy...is an OLD THREAD but I'm sure LYN kakis read before. Fstrader was there commenting :rofl:

AHA...sorry guys but I was out busy racing.

I happy that my top VIOS thread actually registered 70 pages worth of good stuff!

Anyways, I convoyed to ulu Yam last yesterday, met a few guys in ulu yam.

2 RX7s and 1 S15.

They were quite fast but haha...thanks god for my GT wing and 17inch sport rims.

They're...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience