Status
Not open for further replies.
Chassis and Wheels

Spoon 4 pot caliper FS:

Grex_R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
might as well spoon dun come out this caliper hehehe.... its 4 pistons dude do u understand wat 2 pot,4 pot,6 pot or 8 pot means.....

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Bro, 282mm? But it's like 11inch.. ? Correct me if i'm wrong.. but wouldnt it be a lil' small for front? ITR's front is bigger than tat, no.. ? Please clear me up, thanks!

b18c5

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2004
i pity u la mugen ek 9, u gotta deal with all this crap!!! sigh!!

i;ll try to help u la k

spoon has 2 types of callipers( can refer to SPOON WEB)
twinblock and mono block

the set u are selling is a twinblock caliper,
both mono and twinblock calipers by spoon are 4piston calipers

spoon calipers can only fit on 282mm/11inch/ itr or ctr 5 lugs/hole front brakes
or u can also buy after market OVERSIZED(282)rotors(project miu i belive got) for 4x100 brakes(eg, ek4, dc2, jazz)

for 16inch rims u must have offset45 and above to clear if not u have to use a spacer

!! and for heavens sake IT IS BETTER THEN THE STANDARD TYPE R CALIPERS IS NOT Y ARE U PAYING SO MUCH FOR IT!!!!

hope that'll help u

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
i pity u la mugen ek 9, u gotta deal with all this crap!!! sigh!!

i;ll try to help u la k

spoon has 2 types of callipers( can refer to SPOON WEB)
twinblock and mono block

the set u are selling is a twinblock caliper,
both mono and twinblock calipers by spoon are 4piston calipers

spoon calipers can only fit on 282mm/11inch/ itr or ctr 5 lugs/hole front brakes
or u can also buy after market OVERSIZED(282)rotors(project miu i belive got) for 4x100 brakes(eg, ek4, dc2, jazz)

for 16inch rims u must have offset45 and above to clear if not u have to use a spacer

!! and for heavens sake IT IS BETTER THEN THE STANDARD TYPE R CALIPERS IS NOT Y ARE U PAYING SO MUCH FOR IT!!!!

hope that'll help u
thanks for the explaination , would appreciate it if u've offed the caps in the last line..

First of all, i was just asking whether that's a spacer plus converter, i never mention that i don't know what is a spacer for. Thanks for fuss.

Dc2 4 lugs are 114.3, not 100.

Why would spoon produce 14 inches, 15 inches rotor if the spoon calliper ONLY FITS 11inches rotor?

Again, please refer to the spoon website PROPERLY before u start babbling

and 11inches, OVERSIZED? ITR rotors are definitely more than 11 inches measured directly, 11- 12inches roughly.. what makes you think 11inches are oversized..?

Think before you do anything, think again before u add more craps...

I was asking the seller because i wanted to know more on the items he is selling. Yes, i admit the offer price is in fact a very attractive one, thats why i must understand more on the items.. I never said it's not any better than stock ITR's.

And you thought you're the only one that know spoon very well...? Good for you, dude...

Look who's talking crap and trying to be smart ...

Last edited:

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
honda_tr_lover,
you should really do more research before trying to comment. Maybe start by understanding why it is better to have brake force splitted up to more pots than concentrating on a single pot.

I think the wheel clearance also depends on the wheel style and what disk it has(Adisk, Odisk). And +45 offset is a really high offset to clear 4pot calipers? These spoon calipers are small.

Anyway, this is a very good price for spoon calipers. Any pics?

Last edited:

b18c5

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2004
thanks for the explaination , would appreciate it if u've offed the caps in the last line..

First of all, i was just asking whether that's a spacer plus converter, i never mention that i don't know what is a spacer for. Thanks for fuss.

Dc2 4 lugs are 114.3, not 100.

Why would spoon produce 14 inches, 15 inches rotor if the spoon calliper ONLY FITS 11inches rotor?

Again, please refer to the spoon website PROPERLY before u start babbling

and 11inches, OVERSIZED? ITR rotors are definitely more than 11 inches measured directly, 11- 12inches roughly.. what makes you think 11inches are oversized..?

Think before you do anything, think again before u add more craps...

I was asking the seller because i wanted to know more on the items he is selling. Yes, i admit the offer price is in fact a very attractive one, thats why i must understand more on the items.. I never said it's not any better than stock ITR's.

And you thought you're the only one that know spoon very well...? Good for you, dude...

Look who's talking crap and trying to be smart ...
OMG !!! i'm sorry if u are so sensitive!!! i wasn;t talking bout you by the way

first and formost, if u get offended again, i am not here to offend sensitive people, i ;m interested in buying the calipers and helping mugen_ek9 to avoid unnessary stupid questions

so dear mr ATRA, answers to your questions

1.yes spoon makes rotors of all sizes, because honda also has rotors of many sizes if u didint know, but they DID NOT say they are meant to be fitted on to the spoon calipers!!

2.DID U KNOW THAT DC2 IS ALSO THE CHASIS NUMBER FOR A NON TYPE-R INTEGRA?? and it shares the same brake system as the eg which is a 262mm 4x100 rotor(i said 5 lugs didn;t i)

oversized means!! 262mm to 282mm(dc2 typeR(98specs), ek9, not 11 - 12 inches roughly), but still remain 4x100 center hub, cause 262 cannot fit.

project miu has this kind of oversized rotor, or a cheaper option is buying a type r rotor and send to machine shop to drill a 4 x 100!!

3. AND BY THE WAY I AM ALREADY USING A SET OF SPOON CALIPERS ON MY CAR, and i'm only sharing the knowledge of what i went through to get the calipers in!!

so pls dont get so SENSITIVE, i did not specifically pick on your statement!! AND PLS DONT ACCUSE ME OF TALKING CRAP!!!

Last edited:

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Look who's accusing who first of talking crap..... for your infor... i own a DC2R myself and YES i know the SiR is also a DC2. Just wondering what are u still interested in when u already have a set of SPOON CALLIPER yourself..

Really thank you for your time there wor... case close... ENDED

go on bro Mugen_EK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The answer is - YES!!!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

This is the said panel - for Kancil....

Soaked/washed with Meg's Degeraser then Meg's APC

After wash & clay. White spots are paints overspray (or better description would be careless overspray) curtesy from those people doing renovation works for my neighbour...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience