Michelin XM1 tyre

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Anyone uses this tyre? My car front 2 tyres and back two tyres has been fixed in opposite ways. If u do not understand what i mean, the outer part of my front tyre now is the inner part of my behind tyre. I need to know which way is correct.

In the pics are my front two tires. Look at the tyre thread. two double line thread is outside, but the single line thread is inside for the front. The behind is the opposite.

Last edited:

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
can get a photo of the side? especially those wordings. We can help you better like that. The pattern doesn't seems much familiar to me. I can try and help with sidewall infos on it.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
can get a photo of the side? especially those wordings. We can help you better like that. The pattern doesn't seems much familiar to me. I can try and help with sidewall infos on it.
ok, but its raining now, so may be later. thx for ur help :regular_smile:

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
the rear? should be the same as front. i think the tyre shop didn't know how to fit michelin tyres
yes, confirm they fix wrongly coz my dad's car is using the same tyre and it is fitted same as my rear. i think the shop owner needs a new spectacles. :regular_smile: thx a lot guys for ur help.

btw, is there michelin tyre for 195/55/16? i know its a bit weird size but bridgestone turanza has it.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
ur tyre should have a arrow showing the rotation direction. Cannot TERBALIK fix one !!

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
ur tyre should have a arrow showing the rotation direction. Cannot TERBALIK fix one !!
can i know where the direction is shown?

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
some tyres does not shown the indicator on the tyre wall. michelin xm1 is one of them. maybe larger size might have, then again, maybe not.

look at the tyre thread. indicator is for newbie :D

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
some tyres does not shown the indicator on the tyre wall. michelin xm1 is one of them. maybe larger size might have, then again, maybe not.

look at the tyre thread. indicator is for newbie :D
ok, went to the shop. according to him, it does not matter for michelin tyres.

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
haha...what a joke. michelin came out with an article on their tyre thread. maybe the tyre shop don't know to understand michelin thread.

rayzy22

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
i'm using this type of tyre...it is easy to know which rotation...on tyre side there was written outside which suppose facing outside not inside.it does matter.u just go to the shop then teach him a bit easy english.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

According to reports online, Porsche's new chairman has said that the German supercar builder is evaluating a return to Formula 1, a sport the company left in 1962 due to high costs.

Though Porsche has returned as an engine supplier a couple times (remember TAG Mclaren?), the marque has generally stayed away from Formula One, preferring instead to compete in endurance races and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience