Auxilliary Input Cable

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
Where to getit? How much would a cable cost? Would be connecting this from the headunit to my ipod.. thanks!

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
as far as i know.... it depends on whether ur HU is ipod compatible, some pioneer HU comes with ipod compatible but u need to get the adapter which i heard is quite expensive. newer higher end model is usually ipod ready. if ur HU is not ipod ready/compatible the only way i know is to connect ipod to preamp

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
as far as i know.... it depends on whether ur HU is ipod compatible, some pioneer HU comes with ipod compatible but u need to get the adapter which i heard is quite expensive. newer higher end model is usually ipod ready. if ur HU is not ipod ready/compatible the only way i know is to connect ipod to preamp

oh, the headunit is equipped with the aux in .. so basically i just need the cable

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
if jus the aux to RCA input then go to jalan pasar there lo... RM5 for 3 meter if i remember correctly...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
depends la what type of lubang or cable the head unit has for the aux in. for alpine have to use the ainet changer input, so need to buy a conversion cable for ainet to rca. other HU if they have rca then easy lah, just have to add phono to rca adaptor cable (thats the cheap one)..

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Most head units accept the AUX input through the CD changer input. So you will have to get the cable which plugs into the head unit's CD changer input (usually a DIN head) and the other end can be either RCA or stereo plug.

I got my Alpine AUX in cable for RM80 (ordered from USA). The local distributor here sells it for RM120 (or RM150), somewhere around that price range.

Of course, if the AUX in is RCA/stereo, then super cheap lah.

Another way is to have a stereo-RCA cable, plug ur mp3 player into the stereo end, and the RCA end, plug it into a pre-amp or directly into the amp (but kinda whacky since the iPod doesn't have a customisable EQ).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

fark.. they broke into my car again! arghh!
this is the second time they suceeded.. same time, same wheather.. same place in front my house... 6am with slight drizzles.
amazing how they managed to smash my window without any sound!..
and again my player is gone (eventho i took out the detachable front panel)

i managed to catch a glimpse of them and wanted to give chase... but as i got out they threw the garbage bin and tiles at me and they fled! damn assh*les..
4 of them on 2 bikes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience