Questions on Integra (DC5)

Judas Iscariot

Feb 12, 2007
Guys,

Hi, I'm a newbie to the ZTH forums, I've been pretty happy reading what you guys wrote though.

Basically, I do have some questions regarding the Honda Integra Type-R (DC5), I was wondering if you guys could help me out with it?

1) How much is the current market value for a Honda Integra Type-R DC5? Say a 2001? and a 2003?

2) How do I tell the physical difference between a Type-R and a Type-S?

3) If the 2 liter engine is the same as an Accord or Civic (K20A), are the replacement parts interchangable?

4) What about the suspension parts, drive shaft, streering system, are they replaceable with accord's or civic's? As I understand the parts availability may be difficult.

5) Why are there so few DC5's in the country as compared to other coupes?

Thanks guys,

Iscariot

Judas Iscariot

Feb 12, 2007
Thanks for the answer to question 5, now I see your point.
Isn't there something about Honda's AP issue as well?

Anybody can help with questions 1-4?

Iscariot

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Yup bro...wat i heard is there's no more AP's to bring em in....need someone to confirm....

Bro don't think there are many DC5 owners here.....don't ask me why

In Malaysia most of the DC5's should be Type Rs......I think I may only have seen one Type S here....u can tell by the looks of it.... well again tats not the best way but since there are only so few running around I reckon that they won't go to the extent of making it look like a Type R

As for parts....you are comparing to the current Accord and Civic? Well same series...some engine parts may be interchangeable but not the performance parts of course....but they have guys like the one in Subang who can get them for you as he specializes in Honda parts even for the imported performance models...so getting replacement parts will not be difficult.

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
I think DC5R is 220ps engine...while Type S not 220ps

I was told Honda Malaysia doesn't allow the issue of AP to import honda cars.

Physical difference between 2.....err....engine is red for type r ? Hehehee....not quite sure about type s

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
1) How much is the current market value for a Honda Integra Type-R DC5? Say a 2001? and a 2003?

-----> 125k to 145k

-----> no recaro seat for type s, rim is different, spoiler!!

3) If the 2 liter engine is the same as an Accord or Civic (K20A), are the replacement parts interchangable?

nope there r different from K20A civic es or K20Z new civic or accord

K20A=6 speed manual transmission=ITR DC5=CTR EP3=accord euro r CL7

4) What about the suspension parts, drive shaft, streering system, are they replaceable with accord's or civic's? As I understand the parts availability may be difficult.

nope, there r different from local honda

expensive

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
1) How much is the current market value for a Honda Integra Type-R DC5? Say a 2001? and a 2003? 2001 RM130-145 2003 RM160-RM170

2) How do I tell the physical difference between a Type-R and a Type-S? Rims, interior, brakes, engine, transmission

3) If the 2 liter engine is the same as an Accord or Civic (K20A), are the replacement parts interchangable? Only some minor parts are interchangable like filters, mountings. Most engine internals are not the same including the head.

4) What about the suspension parts, drive shaft, streering system, are they replaceable with accord's or civic's? As I understand the parts availability may be difficult. Most of them no, but can be modified to be fitted on civic es. But i heard the latest 2007 civic will not be able to fit cause different platform already.

Cause it is expensive and it is enthuasist car for people who seek for enjoying driving their car hard and want it NA.

compaq

1,000 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
petaling jaya
Guys,

Hi, I'm a newbie to the ZTH forums, I've been pretty happy reading what you guys wrote though.

Basically, I do have some questions regarding the Honda Integra Type-R (DC5), I was wondering if you guys could help me out with it?

Thanks guys,

Iscariot
Dude,
respond to yr questions are some of my findings which may not be very accurate\
1. 2001 around 140k 2003 about 160+k
2.very obvious when you see one, the registration card, chassis number, interior and exterior accessories, engine, brakes etc...lots of differences
3.major parts car be inter change, difference are ECU and some internal components that are tougher. CRV,Civic i-vTEC, Stream, Accord are usung the same basic engine-K20
4.Some parts of suspension and under carriage can be inter-change also
5. Imports like sports cars usually cost more than local assembled cars. part also due to the specification on chassis and engine

Guess that may answer to all your doubts...Cheers..

Judas Iscariot

Feb 12, 2007
Guys,

Thanks alot for the responses.

I conclude that the physical difference when buying the car is that
a) the brakes are not brembo?
b) no bucket seats?
c) type-s has only 5gears, wheras type r has 6 gears?
d) what colour are the rims for type-s? I understand the type-r has white alloy rims.

Thanks again.

Iscariot

A

achor

Guys,

Thanks alot for the responses.

I conclude that the physical difference when buying the car is that
a) the brakes are not brembo?
b) no bucket seats?
c) type-s has only 5gears, wheras type r has 6 gears?
d) what colour are the rims for type-s? I understand the type-r has white alloy rims.

Thanks again.

Iscariot
chris has provided very good answer.
a)they r nisin calipers if i'm not mistaken (oem for honda)
b)the difference also applies to dc2, type r comes with recaros, SiR comes with normal honda seats
c)dc5 type S comes with K20A n auto tranny. power is limited to 160PS
d)should be silver color. same as oem colors for hondas that r not type r

type Rs are race breed la dude. the best money can buy for a honda.

P/S: i know where that subang shop. hahahaha. bila teggerz mau rombongan pegi sana lagi?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Bro let me help u here

Type R DC5

The Honda DC5 Integra type-R is powered by the K20A 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC engine with 220 horsepower and adopts a new 6-speed manual transmission. The suspension adopts a newly developed toe control link front strut suspension and reactive-link double wishbone rear suspension. The Honda Integra type R is also equipped with RECARO front bucket seats, a leather wrapped MOMO steering wheel, aluminum pedals, an aluminum shift knob, an aluminum side brake knob, exclusive aero parts, BREMBO front brakes, and aluminum 4pod calipers.The Integra type-R is equipped with a front spoiler, side sill trim rear underskirts, and a tailgate spoiler.

This is the Type S - US pics

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
02-04 Type R differences compared to the 02-04 Type S
Exterior:
- 4 Piece Lip Kit
- Blackout Headlamps With HID Kit
- Integra Emblem In The Rear
- Large Diameter Exhaust Pipe
- No Sunroof
- Painted Body Color Upper Front Grill
- Red H Emblem In The Front
- Red H Emblem In The Rear
- Remote Control Foldable Mirrors (Optional)
- Sidemarkers
- Spoiler
- Type R Decals On Each Side
- Type R Emblem In The Rear

Interior:
- 3 Spoke Momo Leather Steering Wheel (360mm)
- A/C (Optional)
- Aluminum Footrest
- Aluminum Pedal Pad
- Aluminum Shift Knob
- Center Console
- Coin Holder
-
Honda Navigation System (Optional)
- MD with AM/FM tuner / CD player (Optional)
- Recaro Front Seats
- Red Stiched Shift Booth
- Type R Doorsill

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
- 17x7 Alloy Wheels With 60mm Offset - 8.65 KG Each
- 215/45Z R17
- Aluminum Front Control Arms
- Brake Cooling Air Duct
- Brembo Calipers
- Front Hubs
- Front Rotors
- Front Strut Tower Bar
- Front Sway - 23.8x2.8mm (Hollow)
- Outer Axles
- Rear Hubs
- Rear Rotors
- Rear Sway - 22 mm (Solid)
- Springs rate (Front/Rear): 2.8 ~ 4.6 / 3.0 ~ 8.0kgf/mm

Under The Hood:
- 4-2-1 Header
- 4.764 Final Drive
- 11.5 To 1 Compression
- Black Dip Stick
- Exhaust Camshaft
- Flywheel 10.25 lbs
- Gray Spark Plug Cover
- Helical LSD
- Intake Camshaft
- Intake Manifold
- Intake Manifold Cover - i-VTEC DOHC
- Red Valve Cover

A

achor

wah lau wei.... full spec also u rajin to search. really integra enthusiast la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience