HyperTune Drift Race @ Proton Track Carnival 5 Dec

deejay

Feb 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
hehe MrNismo, thanks for your convincement & I'm very lucky again coz my idol is convincing me ..... hehehe...... anyway your S13 still rocks the best !

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
:o :o

wahlauweh... soooo much fun u guys had!!! isk isk...

crying here... :( uhuk uhuk... must bring drifting to East Malaysia la like this!!

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Some of my pics... sorry aaa amateur here so they're a bit blur :P

Hardest Trier of the day.

Easily the crowd's number 1 favourite.

Look! It's a RWD Integra! :P

Roland and MrNismo going mano-e-mano.

Zee vs Faidzil... just before Zee whacked the plastic barrier.

They're still going at it.

Djan vs Faidzil. Altough the Elise is faster, Djan closed the gap when they're both going sideways.

Faidzil overtaking Ah Fai... from the outside!

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com

4-door Perdana... :P

Smokey.....

Show off!..... :lol:

Uhhh..... help?

Just married....

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
The winners....

Spin of the day

4th place and Best burnout of the day

3rd place man.... from grip driving to drifting.

Runner-up, Nagata-san!

The champion.... but for how long. Hehehehe....

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
congrats to all you prize winners, and also would like to convey my great appreciation to all who took part - credit where it's due, all you drifters gave it a shot and helped make the event a success :) Was there and watched half of it, had to run unfortunately and didn't catch the battles at the end. shame, looks like u guys had a blast ;)

deejay

Feb 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by MrNismo@Dec 7 2004, 01:51
Eh btw DJ, your car, it's running on a SR20 NA?
emm... nope... my car is running on a stock rb20det..... :huh: y r u so curious ? how come sr20 pulak :huh: ?

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
No la nothing coz I remember I saw a car with a NA SR20. Can't really recall which one was it.

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
hi there .. firstly i would like to congratulate the podium winners on a superb showing that day .... btw,to some of your questions regarding the judging .... obviously there were alot more better drivers out there that day that were expected to be in the round 16,but during the judging rounds they spun or didn't perform well as compared to others .some were actually doing really really well during the practice runs .. there was only 1 judging round prior to choosing the best 16.. so they are required to do their best there ... any spinouts will cause major loss of points ... judging was based on 4 main items:
1.entry speed,2.line clipping(meaning using as much apex as possible),3.angle and counter steer and lastly presentation
so those who had their hands out or something out the the ordinary will gain a slightly higher point in the presentation side ...

round 1 was a judged run,then last 16 where there were 2 judged runs ...
the last 8 (2 up format) it was an agreement between the 3 judges side on who wins ..
anyway,judging in drifting is pretty subjective .. each and everyone who were there have their own judgement and its not possible to please everyone ... in fact during the last 8 there were runs that were very close till a re run needs to be called up .... and to make things more interesting,spectators were asked on outcome as well .... well overall i think the outcome was pretty good ...
btw,would like to thank hypertune and R3 for letting us be apart of this event ..
adian and t.azizan,it was a great experience .. thanks!!

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
aiks... so many zth forumer ahh... sorry ahh DJ no heart feelings yea... just some straight forward comment from myself... :lol:

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
zee, t.djan & mr nismo, thanks for the explanation!! like wat i said, its just my personal opinion - judging is somehow subjective... heheheee....

but all you guys are great!! so keep up the good job and bring malaysian drifting to the next level.,....

oh ya, this coming weekend's AMF carnival, any of you guys going to challenge the thai & jap drifters??? good luck to you guys and show them Malaysia Boleh - Boleh Dirft!!!!!! :P

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Congrats to T.Djan and all the competitors who participated. Tiresmoke was really good man.....drifting all the way before the cone on the downhill corner....who....fantastic man.....really an eye opener......can join D1 drifting already......Yong also was fantastic with his Integra FR (so called) but did some mistakes due to the tough competiton T.Djan gave........

I need to learn 10 years more to go to ur levels man..... :lol: To all the drifters whom participated....u all got balls of titanium lah..... :blink: The black cefiro Ah Fai was also very good but due to PWR he couldn't keep up but maintained a very good drift...smooth ..... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="700" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SZbjmn175CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just last weekend, Sepang Circuit hosted the touching down of Porsche’s very sought after Cayman GT4 but one in full Motorsport mode. Called the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, this car is bound within the confines of race track competition use only.