Manchester united football club

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
It was the tactics on which I disagree. We went to Arsenal with containment and counterattack on our minds. And after the first goal, sat even deeper inviting more Arsenal possession.

We should have went there and gone all guns blazing, especially after the first goal. And Rooney's goal could have come later, that would have helped.

Another thing is why was Rooney deployed on the right? I don't get it. Stick him up front.

The last minute Heinze substitution also cost us the game. For the entire match, the Arsenal fullbacks were pegged back in their own half, wary of United's counterattacking play, but with Ronnie off, immediately Eboue had the peace of mind to join the attack and that's where the sucker punch came from.

Final emphasis, United should try to play their game, every game. Instead of trying to stop the opposition, which is what Fergie seems to like us to do. Play our game, exert our influence and may the best attacking team win. That's the way it should be like.

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
B4 last nite game was started, de stage is set for ManUtd as de Kop won handsomely over de Blue with 2-0... It makes all MU fans dreaming for tht 9 points gap...

In de 1st half of last nite game, both team played well n chances were there for both teams too... Come de 2nd half, Finally Rooney scored!!! Yahooo... I was thinking this is it!!! Rooney scored de winning goal, n this wil b today's paper headline... Diu... I was wrong... Very wrong... Sigh!!! :X-:

It was a great great game yest at de Emirates stadium where both teams played tremandous football... I was shocked as every MU fans as how ManUtd lost thier lead n de match in de last 10 mins... It was de 1st 'quiet' game from Ronnie in 3 mths... He didnt do much in de game for us... Yep, me too dun understand abt de tactical switch of Rooney on de flanks... He shld b staying up front chellenging de 2 CBs for every balls especially de Gunners CBs look pretty shaky... Larsson had another good link-up play up front... Scholesy n Carrick jus did enough n nothing much...

Big credit to de Gunners... As i hv said b4 in my early posting, team tht r able to control de midfield stand a great chance to win this game... And tht's what de Gunners did yest... They hv great players in de middle playing good passing game... For me, their weakest point is their defence... It looks very shaky at times where hesitation were shown... But MU let themselve down by not providing enough challenge to make it count... 2 of de goals were crossed from de left... Tht's really dissappointing... Tht's what v call laspes of concentration in de game where v were not able to clear de danger fast enough b4 de crosses came in... Brave AW for throwing all his strikers on late in de game to gamble...

But de consolation for ManUtd is tht v r stil 6 points clear at de top but with a tough game lesser on de fixture... Good to get this game out of de fixture in de tittle run-in... Hope de players learn de lesson from this great game... For me, MU were jus played like de game against de Blues at Old Toilet where they scored de 1st goal n then started to sit back n do defence... Sigh!!! This jus not gonna to work... This result wil make my mood sucks for de rest of de wk at least...

P/S: Wow man... I try damn kao hard not to use Loseverpool, Chleshit n Ass-senal in my post... Its hard... damn hard... but i'll try my best... haha... Again, i dont meant to offend... :_:

hid3

Known Member
Aug 1, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
you mancs just didnt capitalize on all the hardwork done by the kops.. lolz..

honestly, with the way toure was playing.. i thought you guys would have wrapped up the match.. seriously.. he wasnt at his best.. mistimed challengers and headers.. he was completely crap..

but the midfield battle was won by the gunners hands down.. was impressed by flamini's work rate.. the guy was everywhere.. but kudos too to rosicky, adebayor and fabrigas.. was providing the threat factor.. those guys ran their socks off.. while your defence was concentrating on henry..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Despite the Gunners glut of possession, we cut out just about everything they threw at us, apart from the 2 late kitchen appliances.

Henry was in a pocket till that damn goal. Adebayor ran around manfully but to no fruition. Vidic and Rio were dominating in the air and were getting to just about everything. Arsenal had to resort to low percentage long shots at goal from outside. And in the minutes when they scored, they started launching long balls, which is unlike them. But, strangely, that was the thing that got them the goals. Plus the combination of United sitting too deep.

Our midfield seemed undermanned again, I must say. Against Arsenal twice and Chelsea at home, we couldn't control possession as much as usual. Another telling sign that we lack a midfield dynamo who would provide the energy and drive to win battles in the middle.

With so much possession, Arsenal could keep trying to break us down despite how well our defence is playing, and players will tire. So, we need to do better there.

Basically, I'm repeating myself again. We need to play OUR game, regardless of who we face.

Sigh.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
end of story.. we're not good enuf... gave too much respect to arsenal... played pretty well, until fergies decided to take off ronaldo, or rather, decided to be defensive... mistake there.

nvm.. still 6 points clear...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
MU counter attack were superb yest... Causing them lotsa problems... But too bad de team cant make it count... Hopefully by scoring his 1st n important goal in 8 games, it wil spice up Rooney for de rest of de season... SAF was spot on again for chellenging him to come up n score in this important game... As for Ronaldo, he has been very 'quiet' in this game... For de 1st 30mins, i hardly notice him man...

As many hv said, its a game tht can go either way... Dun b too worry abt it... Lets pick ourself up again n go on for another 12-15 games unbeaten run... I know MU can do it!!! :_:

Mmm... Special 'Bravo' to tht Fabrigas... He is a great player where his sportmanship is good too... For me, he is their main man... Wil b a superb player in de future with his right attitude... V. P claimed to b out for another 6 wks again after yest game? Oh... Lets see if its worth de gamble...

troy.a

Jan 8, 2006
I beg to differ but we're good enuf only for the wrong matches & reasons. Arsenal's defence was crap but they made up loss ground with commitment and enthusiasm. Its eminent that we're more technically sound compared to the opposition that was largely made up of youthful new faces.... We failed to deliver at the right opportune and MU will pay the price if it does not relook its play format.

Apart for Evra who worked his socks off, half the lads were jaded or guilty of ball watching for a good 75 mins of the proceedings. Agreed, we need a "live wire" in midfield to gel both ends of the pitch and we need someone in that position FAST!!! Our play last evening was generally dominated with punts up front for Larsson who himself had little to do other than laying off passes to the other forwards who either misunderstood his intentions or were just not adjusted to the run of play.....

To sum it up, Arsenal lived up to the occasion by believing in themselves to deliver the goods while we failed to adapt to changes to make the best of the situation.....

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Errr... SAF said in Micheal Carrick v hv de BEST player on de pitch!!! "Yes, we're disappointed, but our form is good and in Michael Carrick I thought we had the best player on the pitch - he was absolutely magnificent." Claimed SAF from ManUtd site... Gua sudah pengsan... :X-: For me, Carrick could hv played better n tougher physically in tht position...

Jus hope all MU players learn de lesson from this gutted game... Win, loss or draw, its jus another game in de season... de experience of it is most important!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Maybe the Gaffer sees something we didn't. Honestly, despite not impressing his will on the game, Carrick does a lot of good work, quietly.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i dunno la.. frankly, actually manu's defence played quite well, it was only that final few minutes.. everything totally switched off, both goals, all started fr... those tussles... they should have just chop them down before those gunners just walk thru the defence... haiiii.... itz like they are so afraid to put their foot out for a tackle.....

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
if arsenal scored,we going to lose d game cos they've foud their rythm... after we scored,we played like malaysia national team,kept kick d ball out of no where... our midfield still not good enough... if the midfield can supply d ball to ronaldo or wayne feet,then different story... heize didn't mark henry well,so it's really pain to lose d game in just 10 minutes,pretty cruel...

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i believed we did not play our usual games at all...hence we lost
we were too over cautious..
We lost the battle in the middle...no one was putting the foot in on 50-50s and the second balls...
SAF obviously saw that prob and he tried to move Giggsy to the middle, hence Rooney to the right and ronnie to the left. therefore, the calamitous 451 (again)
The midfield barely able to string 5 passes together and the defence blindly clears the ball.
Neville was too busy marking Henry and resulting in no overlapping runs from him.
But that does not mean he was wrong - as we can see that too attacking an approach left our left area exposed more than once.
The first goal could be avoided.Scholes and Evra should have just whacked the ball out.

That said, Gilberto did not play.It could have been worse for us had he played.
We jus need a Keano in the middle...It would have been much much more different if such a character exist in our middle...

The conclusion is that, we did not play our usual game, hence we were not good enough. Credit To the gooners, they were the better side, they played their own brand of football. And the atmosphere in the Emirateds was so hostile.
Maybe the prawn sandwiches frm our old toiet can learn a thing or two from them? :_:

This is the third or fourth time that we let chelski off the hook...
I am not so sure they would be so generous in the future...
Let's jus hoe we can bounce back immediately against another tough opponent - Pompeys.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Next up for ManUtd is Portsmouth hom 27/01 for de FA Cup then a wk day EPL game against Watford at hom on 31/01... Hopefully ManUtd can win both games n boosting de team confident again...

As SAF hv said, overall it was a good game for MU except for tht horror last 10 mins... De team form hv been consistently good, so hopefully it can continue til de season end... :_:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Mmm... With a wk to go for January transfer window, Bale 8 million pound bid was rejected n O. Hangreaves B. Munich keep saying they r not in for a deal now. It seems MU gonna empty handed in de transfer mkt for de mid-term...

Mayb SAF see something tht v didnt, he seems to hv great confident in de midfield set up tht current MU hv... Besides O. H, there really no other midfielders tht r suitable for MU???

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
There are probably some Essien-like blokes still playing in the French league. The problem is they are high risk since nobody knows if they'll step up once in a bigger league. DjembaX2 anyone?

The attraction United have for Hargreaves is not that he is the best player of his type, but he is English and the way he plays will make good transition into the English game. We basically know what we are going to get with Hargreaves. Unlike if you opt for some relatively unknown player of African origin in a lesser league.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys i need so opinion on this matter....my friend had just brought 4WD system...he is using stock EVO 3...so...any of u guys think that its a wise choice to install the 4WD rather than 2WD..i know its "haram" and some of my friends say the fuel consumption and top end goin bad....but traction and handling r better...and some say with stock evo3 2wd VS stock evo 3 4WD.....the stock evo 3 with 2wd is the winner on highway....is it?any comment on using 4WD? thanks guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience