Dilemma on lowering my Wira

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
Hi all,

I'm in such a dilemma. Been checking on all past posts and trying to merge everything for me to make the wisest decision to lower my car.

Btw, im driving a stock standard Wira 1.5 with 15inch rims (50 series tyres), promote bumpers without diffuser.

I'm more into the look than the performance of a car to be frank.

What would be the wisest decision?

Perhaps just lowered the car to 2-2.5 finger by using APM sport springs? Or using adjustables? Or changing to a bigger rim ?

Help is much much appreciated !! Thanks alot !

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
if you want more firm ride or improve handling better get soft/hard suspension else if you have limited budget get 1.8 stock suspension and spring

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
i seldom sapu corner nor do i drive fast ...

1.8 stock suspension and spring lowers down my car???

hrrm ... example, going down sungei wangs carpark , the ramp is kinda steep, with a promote bumper and lowering it down to 2.5 finger, u think will kena?

Last edited:

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
well.. its all depends on what are your budget.. if you are looking for look.. best if you get adjustable hi/lo with or wihout hard/soft adjustment.. then at least.. when u install them you can choose your ride height, which is much better in long term wise..
comparing to budget wise.. APM is cheap and + installation i thik 200 bucks can do all.. as you know that is spring only.. if you dont liek the ride (too hard or too low or vice versa) youthen need to change another brand spring. which, cost more money + installation.. not to mention you need to find absorber to fit (short stroke) your lowered spring.. in the end.. you might end up getting adjustable. so.. its up to ratehr you wants to experiment or one shot get adjustable and make ur life easier..

anyway.. just to let youknow, i drive iswara ( generally higher then wira) with apm performax + short stroke abs(r-tech) i go lowyat parking.. T.T kena under when i come out from the basement parking.. SAKIT! hahahah

unless you willing to spend HELL ALOT MORE! get soemthing that you can adjust using hydraulic.. macam those Fast and Furious one.. boleh naik / turun. i seen them around before but dunno how much it cost..

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
unknown1x : thanks for the info alot!!!

apm performax + short stroke abs for iswara, damn! if i put those into my wira with that bumper, anywhere i go pun sudah kena ...

hydraulic i guess is pretty much out of the question, could do much more on other with the money honestly, unless i strike 4D lar , lol

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
if u want to go for the looks, just get those lowered adjustable shocks..rim 16'' should be ok..ur car stance would be more fiercer with the lowered stance..hehe.sommore got promote..add diffuser la..hehe

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
feudalklippe said:
if u want to go for the looks, just get those lowered adjustable shocks..rim 16'' should be ok..ur car stance would be more fiercer with the lowered stance..hehe.sommore got promote..add diffuser la..hehe
wats the price range like for the adjustable shocks?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
APM adjustables starts at rm1400 for wira, got other brand n models also if u have budget around rm2k..HWL,Gab,etc... most adjustables wont have problems of scraping when bouncing on uneven road.. n u enjoy them on highspeed highways n cornering

if ur using 16" or 17"rim the chances of scraping the ground is lesser,even if u got 1 finger gap... since the diameter adds the height a bit.. using oversize rims, u need to lower the car so it have a nice stance, a fierce n earth hugging look

sport springs/lowering springs usually will lower the rear too much.. got pax.. its over.. scraping mode On.. but u can prevent the back from that problem.. add a rubber buffer in between the springs,so it wont flex much or lower more when got pax..

so now u got choices.. i arranged the options from cheapest to the most expensive.. maybe u could find a better deal.. but here goes..

1:Cut/burn the springs (Highly not recommended) RM80-100

2: sport springs/lowering springs+Rubber Buffer with ur stock absorber RM250-900/more (Depending on brand)

3:Short stroke Absorber+ur stock springs RM600-850/More (Depending on brand)

4:Local made/import brand Adjustable Shocks RM1400-2000/more (Depending on brand) (cheaper alternative: used at chopshop)

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
digitax, go get adjustable. can garuntee you no regrett, scout around zth.. sure have alot on sale one.. heheh

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Get adjustables. Lowering springs will kill your shocks so much sooner. Adding the springs (on average for a new one RM450) and shocks (on average as well RM500) so that all adds up to RM950 and your shocks will prolly good to go in another one year time. Adjustables, on the other hand, both shocks and springs are meant to go together and could serve you for a much longer period without having to send them to service. Not forgetting the main purpose, adjustability. :regular_smile:

Try getting some quotations of APM shocks around. Last I heard 2-3 years back, they were going for RM1300 with installation and allignment/camber in Sunway.
Price now should drop pretty much.

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
APM springs? My first aftermarket springs. It cost me RM85 bucks including installation. The purple one right? hehehe.

Yea, as said by maverick. Go for adjustable.

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
luka, unknown1x, mav[3]rick, dremel , thank you so so much for the valuable advice / insight ...

will hunt around for the adjustable, just that to cough 1000+++ is a lil harsh for myself ... although in the long run it will actually do me good ....

any of your guys driving a wira? care to post some pictures of your ride?

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
Digitax: You were exactly like me when i was deciding to change my springs and suspension. As i was too using promote bumper. lol:regular_smile: . Let me just tell u this, there are sacrifices you need to bare if you wish to lower your car to 2.5 fingers from the fender to ur wheels.

First of all you, going down and up slopes will be quite a challenge. But i manage to keep my bumper in one piece after so long. Make sure you have a bigger rims size to compensate. If your using 14 or 15 inch rims definately u will suffer abit. If you're using 16 or 17 inches, chances of breaking ur front bumper is lower lol. And sometimes u might have to park at open air car parks instead of indoor basement car parks which you have no idea how steep is the slope. Even now when i send my car to the mechanic's bengkel, have to reverse in. Can't go front in first. If got money and willing to sacrifice comfort, go for adjustable hi/lo wahlah...Dilemma solved!

digitax

Known Member
Dec 25, 2003
Anyone using Eibach pro-kit spring here? Heard its very good on OEM absorbers