News: Hyundai wants to enter Formula 1

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Daniel Lee said:
They have another 3 years to prepare for the event and they can learn and gain experience when they join F1 like what Toyota did.
I respect those independant teams where they always start from zero.
If they keep purchasing other existing teams, the no. of participating teams in F1 won't grow.
I prefer to see more cars on the grid.
Just my 2 cents.
yeah.. of course a grow in teams is good... but entering the sport nowadays is not cheap... not all car manufacturers see the advatages and returns in entering the sport... especially one that does not have as much experience in motorsport scene...

Daniel Lee said:
I prefer to see Japanese girls VS Korean girls.
hahaha...
who does not...ihihihihih

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
driftkingII said:
If I am not mistaken hyundai made A1GP cars or i can say the A1GP cars are all Hyundai.
maybe you can share the link about the information above? I can't find any online information to support your statement. And Hyundai won't keep quite if they do fork out huge amount of money to build A1GP car, company expect return for every investment. :)

Last edited:

melnikor

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
kl - kb - kl
Visit site
Battousai said:
A1GP cars are designed and manufactured by Lola. The engines are Zytek V8 units.
yap

Zytek has used its considerable expertise in theoretical analysis and practical experience to design the 3.4-litre V8 unit developing 520 bhp (550 bhp in PowerBoost mode). With advanced electronic fuel injection, quad cams and four valves per cylinder the engine ensures exceptional fuel delivery, even under high lateral g-forces.

and tyre by cooper tyre

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
driftkingII said:
If I am not mistaken hyundai made A1GP cars or i can say the A1GP cars are all Hyundai.
All A1 GP cars are made by Lola International
------------------------------------------------------------
In keeping with the A1 GP philosophy of having a series that competes on a level playing field with identical chassis, tyres and engine, the A1 chassis is designed and manufactured by Lola International, a company famous for its long track record in motorsport building cars for A1, Champ Cars, Formula Nissan, F3, F3000, sportscar categories and more.
------------------------------------------------------------

I think there is an extra team slot vacated by Arrows - thats not been taken up. It'll be good for F1 and Korea/Asia to have another team in F1 which would most probably lead to another GP race in Asia too. Hyundai will have alot of big corp sponsors lined up - SAMSUNG / LG / KOREA AIR / HANJIN - the last 2 sponsored the Benetton team in 2000-2002

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
well, good news for Hyundai is the engine development freezing, which means Hyundai doesn't need to spend too much on the engine part.

However, it also means that aerodynamic play a much more important role, each team will definitely spend more budget to tweak their aero setup.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Honda and Toyota took about 2 years preparation before they got into F1- Honda had a stil born chasis/engine project in the late 90's lead by the late Harvey Posthewaite. But that didnt go anywhere and in the end Honda bought over ex Tyrrel ex BAR team. They have a history of success with the engines so it was easy for them.

Toyota on the other hand started from scratch.

I guess Hyundai could start from scratch too but they have no history of racing apart from Rallying. It would take alot of time and money to get into F1 proper.

The Super Aguri guys did really well to snap together a team in the off season- I guess Hyundai would pull togethe a team quickly but they - again dont have ex drivers like Aguri Suzuki etc to get things going.

Korean doesnt even have a team in A1- so no driver talent to pick from too.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
ARTC5859, i believe Korean will hire western driver, unlike Super Aguri -- at least 1 driver is japanese, best if all driver line up is japanese.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Yes I agree with you. Pick up a veteran like D.C or Montoya (eek) or test driver like Pedro De La Rosa...or a young guy

OR do something insane like putting Valentino Rossi in ha ha!

Lots of Japanese Drivers or drivers in Japan to pick from Michael Krumm and Ralph Firman have F1 experience as well as Satoshi Motoyama tested for Jordan and Tora Takagi drove for Tyrrel.

There are couple of Japanese drivers in Indy car too that could be brought over

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Rossi will only stick with Marlboro i think :biggrin:
DC in Hyundai? Give him unlimited model girl friend supply will do.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience