K20A kakis Head Count (EP3 or DC5)

-mdma-

Jun 8, 2006
Do you know of anyone which have installed the Toda Spec C cams into the K20 engine? If have any problems arising from the cams?

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
-mdma- said:
Do you know of anyone which have installed the Toda Spec C cams into the K20 engine? If have any problems arising from the cams?
Wat car you're driving bro?I'm using Toda Type C cams now.No prob.Most important is the tuner.

-mdma-

Jun 8, 2006
Which cam setting?

Hi bro,

I am driving a DC5, currently upgrading to the Toda 2.2 litre kit with Spec C cams using F-Con V-Pro and Mugen N1 ECU as base. Which setting of the Spec C cams did you set for your engine? Did you change any of the engine internals? Mine is now in the workshop facing some problems, so need to gather more information.

Cheers

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
-mdma- said:
Hi bro,

I am driving a DC5, currently upgrading to the Toda 2.2 litre kit with Spec C cams using F-Con V-Pro and Mugen N1 ECU as base. Which setting of the Spec C cams did you set for your engine? Did you change any of the engine internals? Mine is now in the workshop facing some problems, so need to gather more information.

Cheers
Nice upgrades u got there bro.But y u use mugen n1 ecu + F-con v pro?Y not all in 1 hondata k pro?

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
izit toda 2.2 litre kit is only if u wanna put turbo? or there's 2.2 kit for playing n/a??

-mdma-

Jun 8, 2006
Civic-R: Because my tuner got a used V-Pro for sale, so i thought buy from him lor. How is Hondata, is it good? If my car still got problem then I may change to Hondata.

na_power: The kit can be used for turbo also.

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
No.The problem is not the F con BUT why u match it wit Mugen N1 ecu??

I never used F con before so i reli don't know anything bout it.But Mugen N1 ecu,yes i tried it before.So actually what prob you're facing now bro?

Last edited:

-mdma-

Jun 8, 2006
Actually now the car is ready already, when i use only the mugen ecu, the car starts like normal but when i use the f-con tohether with the mugen, it is very hard to start. When we check on the starter gear which is made from some kind of fiberglass, hancur already. So my mechanic says that the starter is not powerful enough for the cranking. That's why I am looking for a more powerful starter which can withstand the compression rate. I got some feedback from some companies in US, they say that they are unaware of any manufacturers manufacturing the K series starter. Correct me if I am wrong, if the mugen can start, why can't the f-con? Or should i try with hondata? Last time when i had the a2 cams installed, i was using it with the mugen and f-cons no problems at all, but now dunno why?

moruh

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
i'm using toda spec C n K pro hondata.. perfect... but F con + mugen N1 .. does it really works? anyway.. does hondata K pro support CL7? previous using for DC5 now want to transfer to CL7.. CL7 engine same as DC5 k20a..

-mdma-

Jun 8, 2006
moruh: I think should be able to... as you said same engine... ehhe...

edddial: I have a set at home, the silver one not white

yurigtr

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
am using hondata k pro and having no issues. :)

oi lix - when are you getting your ass here ! i can see more and more kakis now, should really do a big gathering !