Manchester united football club

troy.a

Jan 8, 2006
Looks like X'mas came early this season, everybody's in a holiday mood & the lads decided to have an early "off-form" celebration.... This is the 1st match this season that I literally fell asleep towards the three quarter mark......

Consolation ~ count ourselves lucky that we dropped points at this stage of the tournament which should not have too much bearing on proceedings if we dig in deep for the rest of the season (we're all human).

Further consolation ~ looking forward to new reinforcements joining the squad come Jan '07.... Anybody noticed Larsson seated among the rest of the Man U blokes, do not forget there's still FZ Dong.

ALL IS NOT LOSS

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
Duke Red said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time you were paired with them in the group stage, you drew once and lost the other against them. Can't underestimate anyone at this stage, especially when your opponents have nothing to lose.
You are absolutely correct. That was last season. And they finished above us and get to play in the UEFA Cup !

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
yeapz.. .so Hendrik larsson on the stands wit the other players, wearing a manutd windbreaker... :)

i dunno bout u guys, but i personally think we still need a combative midfielder... someone that chop legs and clear path or stop opposition players fr progressing pass the midfield.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Duke Red,

Yep, v didnt underestimated anybody in de last 16... But b real, if comparing btw Barcelona n Lille, sure 10 out of 10 times i'll pick Lille... ManUtd r lots better compare to last season, de team play with more pace, determination n spirit!!! Defence wise MU r much solid n confident this season!!!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
That's true, I was hoping to draw either Lille or Celtic but lady luck showed me she has a sense of humour :regular_smile:

Signing Larsson was a shrewd bit of business and though he's on the wrong side of 30, I'm backing him to knock them in for fun. He's still fit and is a quality finisher. It would be easy to underestimate his ability, after all he's done most of his scoring in a relatively week league. Hi did however prove himself after moving to Barcelona.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yo guyz, is Miroslav Klose ever come into ur mind when de January transfer window open??? He has been link to ManUtd a lot recently... Althought it might not happen, do u guyz fancy him??? He might not b as physical as Bent or Torres, not as pacy as Defoe but his eye for goals r as good as anyone mentioned above... He can head de ball really well in front of de goal... Just trying to weight all possible incoming players... :_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
He's a highly intelligent footballer, actually a lot like Henrik Larsson. Good technical ability and very composed in front of goal. Good with the head too. If we want a permanent "Larsson" move, Klose would be it, I guess. Then again, who are we going to start? Saha or Klose? Tough choice.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
There wil b 4 games coming up... It all happens in 9 days... So its very crucial period for ManUtd!!! Vs Aston Villa away on 23/12, Vs Wigan at hom on 26/12, Vs Reading at hom on 30/12 n Vs Newcastle away on 01/01/07!!! So for all MU fans, v r gonna hv lotsa football during de festive season towards yr end... :_:

De tie tht worrying me most is de coming up away tie with Aston Villa... Typically its a hard game for MU to de Villa Park... It always end up tightly... Its very important tht MU can get 3 points from this game... Currently MU need another psychological boost in order for de team to go on for another 10-12 games consecutive winning run... If MU can come out strongly n win this game, i think for de rest of de 3 matches shldnt hv too much problem...

Most of MU players hv had an Off day last wk against West Ham, not sure it got something to do with de 3 days off tht SAF granted them... Or izzit they played way too many games without a proper break... Hopefully SAF can do something abt it n get all players back on thier toe immidiately...

Out of so many strikers being link to MU recently, i stil hope tht its gonna b Torres... Haha... Dunno y, mayb he is very handsome like me!!! LoLzzzzzzzz.... Luv his sudden exploding pace, his physical build, his goal scoring sense, his 2 skillful foots n his ability to perform in big games... But he might b very costly... Might take longer time to settle down in an english spoken country (as silver hv asid earlier)... Aiyaaaaa.... susah betul!!! Haha... Jus leave all this to SAF n his coaching team la... haha...

As for Klose, he luv lotsa crosses into de box where he can put them away confidently... This is what currently MU lack too... Oso as a german himself, he hv tht kinda never say die attitude too... Jus worry tht if he is able to withstand de physical side of de EPL!!!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
just the other day, i manage to catch RVN in RM colours on tv. the way he was putting away goals...class player

with crunch games coming up (EPL & next years CL), i dunno if MU would have dearly love his services :_:

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
no doubt RVN is a classy finisher...but i dun think he suits our current style of play.
his mobility could be a liability to us.

our main attacking initiatives mostly starts from scholes, carrick or Ferdinand.
Then the ball would move forward to the 4 main attacking players namely ronaldo,saha,giggs and rooney.
All of them are very fast during their attacking play, especially in the counter attack.
I doubt RVN has the pace to keep up.Speed was never his assets.
When the ball is delivered to saha or rooney, they will hold them up for a while,either turning or the ball will be spread wide.,with giggs or ronado running towards the byline at break neck speed. Immediately after that the strikers need to sprint towards the goal anticipating crosses to come in.
Giggs wouldn't be much of a problem to them given his decline in speed over the years, but the ability to keep up with Ronaldo is demanding to say the least.
Saha and Rooney definately has the pace to keep up with them but not RVN.

Also, both of them has the ability to go past markers.Not RVN.
He no longer suits our style of play after we abandoned 451
Putting him in our team now does affect the team performance overall.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Didn't work all the time did it. It got snuffed out quite easily by the opposition if they wanted to.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys...can modify drivetrain from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive? is it possible? anyone done it b4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience