Help- KARTING GEAR - where to find?

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Hi I'm looking for a Karting suit and helmet- can any one tell me where I can find Karting suits etc- I'd like to get a Alpinestars suit or puma suit.

Someone told me there is a shop in KLCC and one in times Square- can anyone comfirm this?

I'm also hoping to get a ARAI GP5X- anyone knows the ARAI dealer where I can find it?

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Thanks for the info- someone told me that there is a shop in Times Square and i walked te whole building! Nothing!. I looked at the local car mags and found a dealer who sells OMP kart suits for RM450 which i thought was affordable.

Someone gave me a number for alpinestarts in KL- that too was a dead end.

Anyone have any info for Alpinestars? I know there is one because they had a road show at Sepang in one off the Japan GTs

driftcraze1

Feb 9, 2004
call me if you are trying to get alpinestar . might be able to help you out

019- 470 2469 sean

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hey ARTC5859,
so u just started karting?
What kart and engine are u driving?
Who's servicing you if i may ask?
Anyway feel free to keep in touch.
My msn messenger is [email protected]

Btw the local distributor for Alpine Star has been handed over to RL Racing based in Shah Alam.
The person u're looking for is Aaron Lim 012 3159695.
As for Arai helmets u're better of getting them in Singapore coz it's relatively cheap. Try comparing the prices to Europe or even Malaysia.
U can try Chiap Lee 0262947922.
Helmets in Malaysia can be an expensive affair as u acutally need an AP to bring them in.
If u're going to get a Sparco helemt u might as well consider Bell. The local distributor's contacts be found here http://morris-racing.com/kartingmalaysia/

I find Sparco helmet interior abit weird and u need to be careful which homologation are they using as they tend to be BSA type approval instead of Snell 2005SA.

Oh yeah if u dont mind paying a little bit more better u get a Snell 2005SA approval instead of Snell K98 (karting).
Reason is that with the SA u can race with cars and being nomex lined.
Just my 2 cents.
Best Regards
Victor Cheong

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Hi Victor

Thank you very much for your reply. I just started Karting recently - just recreational.
I don't own a kart or anything at the moment.

I want to get a helmet because I am a huge motor racing fan and I'm also a graphic designer - I want to get a helemt and have it painted with my own design. I've been studying everyone's helmet design too. I have been to chiap lee and the prices for a GP5 is SGD$850 and FIA Approved a GP5X is $650 the difference is that the GP5X is supposed to be more of a bike helmet and it does not have Nomex and is not FIA Approved- however the inside lining can be washed.

As for the Karting suit- I was just curious to how much they were- maybe I'll get one in the future but not how. The OMP suits for RM450 is quite affordable.

Thanks again for your reply.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Is the suit a level 1 or level 2 CIK suit?
I think the GPX helmet assuming it's the same shell design like the GP5 helmet, then that is the Snell K98 homologation meant for karting.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
The GP5X is listed under the motobike section on the ARAI website "for those who like and want the moto racing look for the GP5" - I can relate to that.

I found the distributor for Alpinestars in Singapore called MIKI Marketing they have Karting Suits and gloves with prices on their website

K-MX 3 KART SUIT-335105 SGD$690

K-MX 5 KART SUIT-335305 SGD$550

Tech 1-Z Gloves SGD$238 / Tech 1-T Glove Price : SGD$202

Last edited:

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
driftcraze1 said:
damn old already loh that homogaltion is it not
Old but it's still currently valid.
Have not been superseeded.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now, I know it's not recommended to wax your car if it just came out from a paintjob.

But I'm just curious, does thia apply to cars that have been baked or just those painted in a garage?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience