Manchester united football club

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
lucky chelsea..
shud have been more than 1 goal for united.. united were so unlucky, misses from both chances both by Saha n Ronaldo shud have ended the match in a thrashing way..
Saha scored a beauty in both ways..
Michael Carrick performing very well, most anticipation n beautiful passes provided by him was crucial to the match...

end of the story, Chelsea wasn't up to United's standard on that day.. chelsea totalled, n MU dominated!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Its all about mind games lar. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Fergie is as good as anyone when it comes to that.

troy.a

Jan 8, 2006
MU performed credibly during the 1st half with their flank exploitation down the sides (either that or Chelshit was having a cold start), but such 1 half wonder performance is not gonna seal the league & champions league for the blokes.... Their form had somewhat dipped since the season opener against Fullham, that leads to the question if MU peaked too early for this season?

Its quite obvious that SAF better dip into the kitty and bring about a player of David Villa's stature come Jan '07 transfer window ~ relying on 2 injury prone striker is a def no-no.

The back 4 seem to have gotten their act together and this applies esp. to Rio Ferdiand ~ kudos to the man for his intelligent reading of the game in cutting out passes to Chelshit's attacks. Nonetheless (if you guys agree), we def need some defender of John Terry's caliber to provide deadly passes to their forwards in converting such chances & coming up with a goal occasionally ~ recall the days of Dennis Irwin, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister & etc who will come up with an occasional goal when the chips were down & lads in front were not delivering. For a club side to be successful in this league, 50% of the squad from the guys in the middle to the back 4 MUST chip in on the goal tally....

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
It was Paul Parker tht were MU superb 4 defenders during de 90's together with Dennis Irwin, Steve Bruce n Gary Palister!!! :_:

As for defensive area, i think MU hv had enough quality in de squad now... V hv Silverstre, O'Shea, Brown n Evra or Heinze in de squad, which is very strong squad... Even Mr. Arrogant Mourihno second this!!! He did admited tht MU do hv more quality defenders than his Chelshit team after Sunday game... But yes, they better start to contribute more goals to de team...

What MU really thin r de striking department n de midfield area... Host of footballer names been link for de Jan transfer window (98% of them r either strikers or midfielder), but i really not tht sure how many players SAF is allow to bring into de squad... De transfer kitty r understandably tight especially as Mr. Glazer stil hv a big sum of $$$ to pay back de bank.... I hope SAF can hv a striker n a midfielder...

Mmm... As for de form wise, i dun think MU peak too early as i dun think MU is at their best now... There r stil lotsa room from improvement... Rooney been quite inconsistence in term of his form... He can b much better... Carrick hv jus started to play up to de level he shld b... His BEST is stil yet to come... Oso too bad tht MU been asking Scholesy to drop back n defend too much in recent matches...

MU did well to keep pace with Chelshit this season... And traditionally, MU r much better for de 2nd half of de season...

:_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
troy.a said:
MU performed credibly during the 1st half with their flank exploitation down the sides (either that or Chelshit was having a cold start), but such 1 half wonder performance is not gonna seal the league & champions league for the blokes.... Their form had somewhat dipped since the season opener against Fullham, that leads to the question if MU peaked too early for this season?
Not really, our best performance was that against Bolton. And we have been flying since then as well.

Against Chelsea, it wasn't a one half wonder. United performed credibly the whole match. For 20 minutes of the second half Chelsea responded and we backed off. Even then, it was only sloppy defending during a set piece that gave them a goal. Other than that, they didn't fashion any clear cut chances.

troy.a said:
Its quite obvious that SAF better dip into the kitty and bring about a player of David Villa's stature come Jan '07 transfer window ~ relying on 2 injury prone striker is a def no-no.
Injury prone? Who? Saha and Rooney? Saha was very seldom injured at Fulham. His first season at United was an unlucky one. Still I wouldn't classify him as injury prone. Rooney got injured twice in the foot from bad challenges. Hardly, injury prone. That said, touch wood.

Still, I think it is in general agreement that we need another striker. Torres seems to be the name most suggested. But if you ask me, the midfield needs reinforcement more than the front. Right now, apart from Scholes and Carrick, we haven't got top players in the middle.

troy.a said:
The back 4 seem to have gotten their act together and this applies esp. to Rio Ferdiand ~ kudos to the man for his intelligent reading of the game in cutting out passes to Chelshit's attacks.
Our back four right now is as good as any. And we have ample back up of young able defenders. Rio - Vidic is beginning to look like another legendary partnership of the likes of Bruce - Pallister.

troy.a said:
Nonetheless (if you guys agree), we def need some defender of John Terry's caliber to provide deadly passes to their forwards in converting such chances & coming up with a goal occasionally
This got me a bit confused. Whilst I rate John Terry highly, he isn't a ball playing centreback. He's an old fashion English centreback, uncompromising and no nonsense. Our Rio is the better footballer in terms of touch, passing and vision.

Terry does come up with vital headers for his team. And recently it seems Vidic and Rio is getting into the act as well.

troy.a said:
~ recall the days of Dennis Irwin, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister & etc who will come up with an occasional goal when the chips were down & lads in front were not delivering. For a club side to be successful in this league, 50% of the squad from the guys in the middle to the back 4 MUST chip in on the goal tally....
Like I said, this season, Rio and Vidic have contributed some important goals. Hopefully, its a start. I certainly think, Vidic will come up with a few more with his heading ability and bravery.

I think if any of us are bothered to check the stats, you'll notice that United has one of the most if not the most players on the scoresheet this season. So, a lot of them ARE chipping in. Long may it continue.

Last edited:

troy.a

Jan 8, 2006
Granted fair & well, we're into the 14th game, its a bit early to predict what's up & coming as SAF often dwell on the fact that things only starts to get interesting after X'mas.... OR would we need to conjure up the excuse of a Champ's League exit to fully concentrate on winning the EPL - this season??

Furthermore, how often do we encounter the 99/2000 season where eveything was left to the last minute ~ that season was practically termed the "last minute" season for MU!! Its been 6 long years since things had worked on a "last minute" basis or rather if the lads can't get the job done in 90 mins, what's an additional 3 or 4 minutes...... It was eminent that anybody & everybody watching MU in action during that season would look forward to extra time more than the game itself for that moment of magic....... Looks like we're missing that spark to kill off any note worthy opponents.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Indeed. 99/2000 was a magical season. It was magical not only because of the achievements, but because there was a tingle in the air, that something special would happen.

Granted, it was still the "never say die" spirit of the players that enabled them to get there in the first place. If they had given up hope early, the magic just wouldn't have happened.

I agree, it is still early days this season. And we would only get a clearer picture after Christmas. Still I am thankful that we have manage to get to where we are right now. The question of whether we have peaked early is quite pointless, because if we didn't play well right off the blocks, Chelsea would have been in front and we would need to play catch up yet again. SAF said this over and over again, with Chelsea around, we can only afford to start well.

Chelsea, with the squad they have and the way they play will never drop many points. The rest have to make sure they keep up the form and keep getting results. Which is what United have done so far and hopefully will continue to do.

It is rather obvious our biggest shortcoming, in our bid to unseat Chelsea, is our squad depth. We need more reinforcement in key areas. That will give us a better chance to sustain our push for trophies.

About the Champions League, I hope to God it won't be a repeat of last season. That will be too much to take. A club like United's needs to be battling it out with Europe's best and get into the 1/4 finals at least.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yep, its been 6 long years since MU won de Treble... But since then, lotsa teams oso improve a lot in terms of playing std n players quality due to de influx of $$$ from those super rich Bosses... Especially Chelshit!!! I stil remember during de pre-Abramovich time, MU been trashing Chelshit for 4-0, 4-1 n etc... Hahaha... But now with his millions of pounds, they r a super team now... De same goes to Ass-senal, Loseverpool, Spurs, Portsmouth, Fulham n etc...

Oso during this 6 long years, MU hv lost few VERY important players... De biggest of them - Roy Keane!!! Then there were Beckham, Stam, Andy Cole, D. Yorke, Butt n lotsa more... SAF hv spent lotsa his time trying to build another strong team since then... Lotsa players came n gone... But i strongly believe, this team tht v currently hving gonna to b as good/strong if not better/stronger!!! MU might need another 3-4 players in de squad to back up strenght in depth... And this team wil b creating history again...

As for de current tactic n style of playing, its really efficient n entertaining... De best match so far was de 1 against Bolton away!!! Not many team n do tht at de Reebok stadium... I bet Chelshit cant do tht tonite too... :_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Shaun Wright Phillips anyone? Apparently Chelsea are looking to offload him. Although I'm partial to mercenaries who choose to join that outfit, he was an exciting talent when he was at Shitty and probably still is.

While we're at it, we should have a look at Micah Richards who I think might be Gary's successor at England.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
Looks like we won another match. 3 - 0 at home against Everton. Ronaldo, evra, and o'shea scored.

The best thing is, from soccernet.com

Rooney's next involvement with a Neville saw him beating the ground in anger at referee Mark Halsey's failure to punish Phil's forceful tackle with a free-kick.

The 21-year-old was still seething when Evra was booked for bringing down Mikel Arteta and quickly jogged over to offer his thoughts.

His presence brought an instant reaction from the Everton fans. Rooney's response to the predictable abuse was to turn in their direction and kiss the badge on his red United shirt
How about that ? hahaha damn i love it. Must watch sporstcenter tonight !

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
3 - 0 against Everton is a good result. Escpecially when we chopped and changed the lineup. Lacked a bit of fluency but that's too be expected. We ended up with 7 defenders on the pitch no less.

Not the best in terms of the football on display but we got the goals and the result and with all the changes and not playing to our best and still get a good result is a good thing. If we can do that everytime when we don't play our best, it will help a lot come May.

BTW, Richardson is still shite. Fletcher was too ordinary and O'Shea rather lazy. We need more players.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Transfer rumours galore as the January transfer window beckons.

Latest strikers to be linked with United are Darren Bent along with previously linked ones like Torres and Defoe.

I think Bent would be a good bet. He's young, pacy, athletic much akin to Saha and could be a decent backup and possible replacement for the Frenchman in the near future. Couple that to him possibly pairing up with Rooney for the England setup in the future too. Charlton are in a world of hurt right now so Bent would probably want to leave plus Charlton might want the cash. Then again, selling their top striker isn't going to help them stave off relegation.

I actually prefer Bent over someone like Torres who would be foreign and expensive. You don't know how long they would need to adapt. Bent is English, has played in the top flight for a couple of seasons and will probably come cheaper.

Apart from the striking department, the midfield is also touted for new recruits. Hargreaves is a doubt because he is still injure and would probably pose too much a risk at the moment for the accountants at the club. Also, apparently our own Portuguese connection, Queiroz has been scouting in Portugal for some potential players. Heard some good names there so hope we get some tasty catch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

heres the how to on the ones me and my cuzn did...
we did these on his Almera Gti but this can be done any fogs..

Gave it try was realtively easy to be fair
It took about 15min to do the fog lights

Tools Needed
1.Hairdryer
2.squeegee
3.Stanley-Knife
4.Soapy Water

First thing to do is to clean the foglight to get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience