Vsixers : Perdana V6 Club Malaysia.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Kenny said:
ooh...thanks bro for the info...
i get the clear view from ur quote of previous reply from other sifus...
convert 6a12 MIVEC is more expensive than 6a12TT,rite??

''i think i'll prefer MIVEC,coz it will be my daily drive car,so mayb less problem occur if compare to twin turbo''<-- is my assumption correct sifu??
i think the conversion costs will be the same.
depends on what u add during the conversion.
lebih kurang sama la.

but tuned did say that the Mivec version is quite rare.
u know la, if rare, hard to find.
so to source spare parts later, sure like hell.

twin turbo won't be such a hassle to maintain.
if stay standard TT, no mod, i think no problem.

my friend has a 6A12TT, no problem on the engine.
problem is the driver, always bawak laju wan,
then eksiden langgar a tree, so engine rosak.
hahaha...

Kenny

Apr 13, 2005
NeuroOne said:
i think the conversion costs will be the same.
depends on what u add during the conversion.
lebih kurang sama la.

but tuned did say that the Mivec version is quite rare.
u know la, if rare, hard to find.
so to source spare parts later, sure like hell.

twin turbo won't be such a hassle to maintain.
if stay standard TT, no mod, i think no problem.

my friend has a 6A12TT, no problem on the engine.
problem is the driver, always bawak laju wan,
then eksiden langgar a tree, so engine rosak.
hahaha...

v6tt is damn attracting me....but since my future perdana will be my daily drive car,so im not dare to think of it.....
coz i heard many version of fuel consumption of fully ori v6tt,some said RM 0.20/km, some even said RM 0.27/km....its a big different for me.....
:confused_smile:
Neurone bro,so ur perdana is running on what engine currently??
mind to share?? coz maybe it will be another option for me to consider in future..

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
first, i apologised for not posting in an appropriate thread, but hell.. i figure here is more suitable for it.

im letting go of my RS*R Exmag muffler *bought in japan*, actually more to swapping it with a pv6 original muffler (top me up a little?) i'm in penang.
incredible sound. and low profile when u didnt step the gas.

as shown in photo. thank you.
pm me if interested.

cheers

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
hi Kenny dude,

i'm no pro....but well....i drive my TT daily to work, and leisure on weekends too....

let's just say its a reliable engine provided you got urself a good condition halfcut....and a good conversion job.....

for fuel consumption, mine's running an average of 20 to 22 cents per km.....that's including the Fed. h/way jams, KL jams, highway travelling, and etc....

but the fact is...even stock perdana V6s, or MIVEC-ed ones...aren't doing any less....in fuel consumption...go ask around

but of coz...if you like NA...MIVEC's the only route to go for....however, the MIVEC 6A12 that comes in a limited model Galant (only one that fits Perdana's E54 chassis) is rare...more to say the replacement parts.. 6A12 MIVEC from the newer Galants and FTOs doesn't fit due to different gbox and mounting positions...

but if you are prefering the TT, when fuel consumption/reliability the only issue stopping u...well...think again.......

Last edited:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Kenny said:
v6tt is damn attracting me....but since my future perdana will be my daily drive car,so im not dare to think of it.....
coz i heard many version of fuel consumption of fully ori v6tt,some said RM 0.20/km, some even said RM 0.27/km....its a big different for me.....
:confused_smile:
Neurone bro,so ur perdana is running on what engine currently??
mind to share?? coz maybe it will be another option for me to consider in future..
mine is still standard v6 year 2002.:angel_smile:
the old v6 but changed the exterior to look like the new enhanced version.:_:
i am considering a transplant as well but my budget is limiting me.:sad_smile:

my average fuel consumption is around RM0.22 - RM0.25 per km.
this is based on driving around putrajaya.
once i got RM0.19 per km.:shocked:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
tuned said:
hi Kenny dude,

for fuel consumption, mine's running an average of 20 to 22 cents per km.....that's including the Fed. h/way jams, KL jams, highway travelling, and etc....

but the fact is...even stock perdana V6s, or MIVEC-ed ones...aren't doing any less....in fuel consumption...go ask around
that's a good fuel consumption bro.
with the jams and all.
it's marginally less than standard perdana.

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
NeuroOne dude,

yeah...mixed driving....
i do find my current consumption a lil' better than when it was stock...
my ride was originally a 2001 V6....

one factor i could think of was the manual transmission and better power to body ratio....

Kenny

Apr 13, 2005
from all sifu's opinion...seems like transplant a twin turbo is the best choice...
erm...1 question on twin turbo engine,how about the maintainence?
cost and best to service once after how many kilometer??
u guys really giving me a lot of information...thanks...:_:

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well...not necessarily the best choice...but it depends on your preference lor as well as the condition of the halfcut u get plus the workmanship of the conversion.... * always remember cheap isn't always good "

maintenance is just like any other rides, service routine every 5,000 km be it semi/full sync engine oil....however, u'll need at least 5 liter of engine oil to run....

besides that... same as others, routine transmission oil change at 25 to 40k km...

if u r from the klang valley, and u need a reliable workshop who can source and perform the conversion for u....PM me...i'll recommend u the one who did mine

Kenny

Apr 13, 2005
tuned said:
well...not necessarily the best choice...but it depends on your preference lor as well as the condition of the halfcut u get plus the workmanship of the conversion.... * always remember cheap isn't always good "

maintenance is just like any other rides, service routine every 5,000 km be it semi/full sync engine oil....however, u'll need at least 5 liter of engine oil to run....

besides that... same as others, routine transmission oil change at 25 to 40k km...

if u r from the klang valley, and u need a reliable workshop who can source and perform the conversion for u....PM me...i'll recommend u the one who did mine

thanks bro, i'll PM u after i purchase a perdana,and after i got enuf cash to do the conversion......:angel_smile: pray that i can get as soon as possible....:X-:

loolick

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
tuned: where u get your car tune? i m thinking of adding a turbo to my ride, but need to check ard and get advise ard 1st.....dun wan to change to 6A12TT, so i guess add a turbo is my option...

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
tuned
can recommend me any good workshop?
need to service my car.
if the price and workmanship reasonable, why not?

galantorian7116

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
KL
tuned said:

Where is your friendly workshop located? I am working at Port Klang.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

C 300 AMG Line: 6 sec / 258hp / 400nm / 2L 4cyl turbo + 20hp motor / 9 speed auto / 250kmh / RM 330,681

C 200 Avantgarde Line: 7.3 sec / 204hp / 300nm / 1.5L 4 cyl turbo + 20hp motor / 9 speed auto / 246kmh / RM 288,334

The 2022 W206 C Class arrives Malaysia. Now in its 5th generation, this all new C class finally receive tech upgrades trickeled down from bigger brother S Class, including a 20hp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience