Need help...silver top cannot start

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
any sifoo please help me. happened this evening. when i started my car, after idling for 15 minutes, engine sudenly dies. then try to start again but failed. can crank engine but there is no sign of ignition/combustion happens. never encounter this problem before....

there is a smell of petrol when crancking the engine. but no leaking. can u help me how to know if ignition coil or fuel pump fail??

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
when idling for the 15 minutes.....was the timing and everything ok...??
once my car didn't want to start.....and it was because of my burnt ecu....

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
ehh sorry..wrong info.not 15 minutes. but 15 seconds. i started the car while raining. then suddenly it dies..the timing was ok..no jerk or unstable timing...it dies off suddenly...
if the ecu is burnt, how to recognize it ehh?

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
If got burnt ECU, u can take out the ECU and then see if its hot or open internal to check on the circuit board.

Maybe spark plug wet, too much fuelling so need to take out spark plug and check.

If got petrol smell where does it come from? If during rain, humidity also different as wind blows mebbe also make it hard to detect.

Regards,
Mike

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
zmays said:
ehh sorry..wrong info.not 15 minutes. but 15 seconds. i started the car while raining. then suddenly it dies..the timing was ok..no jerk or unstable timing...it dies off suddenly...
if the ecu is burnt, how to recognize it ehh?
I worry is your distributor or spark plug enter water. Try u start when after rain.... start until it servine back by don't press gas.

Last edited:

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
my friend asked me to check fuel pump and coil. but the problem is i dont know where is the fuel pump located. becoz i'm using external fuel pump. can see fuel line, but daont noe where is the pump..

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
my car now at workshop at kanpung. now they are checking for my fuel pump. hopefully the prob is not the ecu. if it is ecu, how much the price ehh?

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
Levin 818 got the ecu....rm300 if i'm not mistaken....and he'll offer u rebate rm50 for ur faulty ecu..

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
nowdays many ecu problem ??

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
For an engine to start,it needs fuel,air and correct timing.Check all those first.If no fuel check fuel pump,check power supply and ground to fuel pump.If no spark,check if coil got power or not,check distributor,last thing to check is the ecu,check the ecu power supply and ground.Dont forget to check all fuses as well.Good luck

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
faulty ECU

If your engine went stall (straight down) after warm up, but can be start again after cool it down for say 30 mins, most likely your ECU is mulfunction.

When i had a faulty ECU 3 yrs ago, my engine stall after run 5km from home, crank up the engine and it made 2km b4 went stall again. The distance getting shorter and shorter after that, like 1km.. 500m... 10m... then refue to start up totally. The frastruating thing is, it doesn't have any error codes at all and you do not know whats went wrong.

Most of the SVT ECU already reach its life span and the components inside starts to fail. Thats why many SVT owner encounter ECU problem now. Lately i aslo seeing BT ECU givig problems...

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I am not sure but it could be some design's calculation wasn't optimised.

One thing for sure, don't run your engine with a clogging ISCV. It will push your ECU to run at high current mode and this will further shorthen its life span.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it reliable to put a turbo kit for vtec engine??????is it worth it???????how much it will cosss???need an assis. plzzzzzzz...................
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience