HSBC credit card scam

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
For those whom was approached by any HSBC credit card sales personnel... whom claims that it is free for life, either with no terms, or with terms, or under corporate card.... itz a scam.

i was approached by one.. they even set a booth, at our office lobby, infront of the HSBC Pusat bandar d'sara.... claiming that Ernst & Young staffs entitle free for life card as long as we submit our letter of employment to them.

So, i being an existing HSBC card holder... the lady said.. no prob.. just submit the employment letter and they will do it for me. But i sorta delayed.. until today, a month later, i decided to call the HSBC telebanking straight and asked for such promotion... as i bump into another roadshow by them.. also claiming to have 'free for life'.

and guess wat? the telebanker told HSBC dont provide such promotion, and never did. Even their corporate cards doesn't wave annual fee for life.. they only discount them. Luckily i have the sales person's name card. Reported to them.

So, if anyone have this card... its a scam. U might wanna give her a slap too.

Name: Olivia Lee
Credit card Sales Executive

HSBC Bank M'sia Berhad
Level 2, No.7, Jalan Kenari 5
Bandar Puchong Jaya
47100, Puchong
Selangor
Direct: 03-80702144
HP: 012-2156655
Fax: 03-80706863

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
yeapz.. i'm fr EY.

1 yr? thatz kinda short... according to them.. itz normally 3 yrs.... and EY corporate card is 2 yrs waive..

knn.. luckily i din submit my employment letter to them.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'm an existing card holder.. tatz y tot wanna convert to the corporate rate... coz mine left 1 more year free annual fee waive... for my visa. The mastercard however... kena charged annual fee... but the telebanker said they can waive it for me.. provided i spent more than 400 buckz... coz i never use the card. lol.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
holy shit i just signed up for this.

they setup a roadshow at the Maxis Center and told me Maxis staff free or some shit like that. I signed up but they still need my payslip and whatnot because I dun have any credit card.

Ok, guess I won't be sending them my payslip to complete the application.

I got a nifty free gift though :)

btw..what's the scam? It's just not FREE FOR LIFE like what they claimed is it?
It's not like they are not working for HSBC or something like that right?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
cow,

although itz not much of a big deal bout it.. but itz still misleading... imagine if u have to thru heck of a teleconversation wit the telebanker if suddenly u got charged with annual fee 1 or 3 yrs down the road... itz troublesome loh... itz your money anyway.

some banks outsource their credit card pre-sales division.... like southern bank, with Asset Alliance for the CC.

i'm not sure bout hsbc though...

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Hi guys,

Myself working with MBF Cards so in relation to your credit card issues.

I believe those are agent who are assigned by HSBC/any bank to acquire more new card members.

Also i believe that the HSBC customer service guy/lady is not aware of the promo or such.

Well, it's just possibilities....cos it happens all the time in credit card industry.

You can also call the person(the contact that you have) and ask them to clarify before putting up such info and sure that it's a scam.

It doesnt look good on you if it back fires....so find out and do share with us about the conversation. :)

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
whenever these leech approaches me all I have to say to send them away is " I am a bankcrupt, am I still entitled to this promotion?"

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
free for life only a few banks... but got criteria, need degree etc etc...

direct access from sbb is pretty good, also got some local banks with free for life

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
zephyr3d said:
cow,

although itz not much of a big deal bout it.. but itz still misleading... imagine if u have to thru heck of a teleconversation wit the telebanker if suddenly u got charged with annual fee 1 or 3 yrs down the road... itz troublesome loh... itz your money anyway.

some banks outsource their credit card pre-sales division.... like southern bank, with Asset Alliance for the CC.

i'm not sure bout hsbc though...
ok looks like I won't let them approve my application hehe. malas to fax to them anyway.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
YO!
Call them up and say that you're interested in the cards. Meet `em somewhere and let me know the time and venue. Then, let me have some fun with Olivia. buahaha Y'all can watch it live... in public too! buahaha Zephyred can kau tim Calvin Chan cos he's from the planta union. hehe

Cow,
You've got a great opportunity to nab them. Tell `em you have the docs ready but no phone line or whatsoever. If they want it, they'll have to come meet you. When they meet you, let me know the time and venue. Then I'll get my rounds of whackxercise with them. How about it? buahaha

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
satria_95 said:
YO!
Call them up and say that you're interested in the cards. Meet `em somewhere and let me know the time and venue. Then, let me have some fun with Olivia. buahaha Y'all can watch it live... in public too! buahaha Zephyred can kau tim Calvin Chan cos he's from the planta union. hehe

Cow,
You've got a great opportunity to nab them. Tell `em you have the docs ready but no phone line or whatsoever. If they want it, they'll have to come meet you. When they meet you, let me know the time and venue. Then I'll get my rounds of whackxercise with them. How about it? buahaha
hahaha dude save your energy for more irritating people la

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Cow,
Cannot la. Holidays I over ate and put on weight. I almost look like BlackHowling's size already. Have to get some whackxercise. heheh

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
satria_95 said:
Cow,
Cannot la. Holidays I over ate and put on weight. I almost look like BlackHowling's size already. Have to get some whackxercise. heheh
@_@

hope I don't bump into you at the rave.. LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Search the forum awhile but no thread bout Q8. Guys, may I know where to get Q8 lubricant? Prefer Ampang/KL area. How much for a semi-syn 4 litre? Thanx in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience