Vsixers : Perdana V6 Club Malaysia.

Gringo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2006
Dear All Sifus, Masters, Dewas and OTAI

Need ur advice.....im considering to convert my engine to 6A12TT 4WD auto tranny. There are a few things that i need to know...
1. What is the pros & cons of this machine?
2. How is the fuel consumtion
3. Is 4WD auto or 4WD manual or 2WD auto or 2WD manual good?
4. What other engines that is suitable to replace?

Your help on this matter is very needed....

Adios,
gringo

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
arih said:
monster, how much to do adjustable chamber aa? mine lari kaw kaw.

btw, send la ur document..we need u maa on our new forum!
and yeah, new forum not like that stoopid msn before..this new forum rly active..just up for 2 weeks already got near 2k post, average 65 post per day, not like msn 1-5 post per day..

the adjustable camber thing is around Rm600++....aiyohh why must send documents ler......:( need to go find and all la..hehe see how ler....want to join the new forum ler hehhe..:( so strick meh...

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
kamikaze said:
Yup alex is someone who hate "troubles"... trouble to help frens as well...:emoticon_U:
aiks...wat are u trying to say in here....since u so long didnt hear from you...??

please dont bring your emotion in here muhahahhahahhaah:angry_smile:

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Gringo said:
Dear All Sifus, Masters, Dewas and OTAI

Need ur advice.....im considering to convert my engine to 6A12TT 4WD auto tranny. There are a few things that i need to know...
1. What is the pros & cons of this machine?
2. How is the fuel consumtion
3. Is 4WD auto or 4WD manual or 2WD auto or 2WD manual good?
4. What other engines that is suitable to replace?

Your help on this matter is very needed....

Adios,
gringo
hi there,

1. well....the pros is definitely the handling....as 4wd works great on perdana chassis...but power wise...dun expect something like the evos...but should be smooth and nice.......the drawback would be 4wd being a hassle to get thru JPJ approval...once upon a time its easy to get thru...nowadays... a bit leceh....

2. the fuel consumption.....the manual versions are ok...but not sure bout auto....not forgetting auto+4wd combo....probably u should be looking at a rough figure of 400km per RM 100....could be worse...

3. all the 6A12TT halfcut comes with 4WD....be it the eterna or the galant versions....however, some...including myself...has locked it to FWD for the sake of getting the ride approve....

4. dun really get wat's ur question...but i think u meant..wat other options u have??...well for a perdana v6 and not to mod the mountings....well 6A12TT is your best bet....but if your ride's a SEi then you might have better options like the evo 1,2,3 and vr4 4G63 turbo series.....

good luck...

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
thinking of changing my car, and guess what. went to ask and
im losing around 60k by selling my year 2k pv6?

this is one hell of a machine.

Gringo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2006
Tuned,

Thanks for the info......so 6A12TT with 2WD tranny should be the choise. Is it? either manual or auto....hmnnnnn
Thank you very much......

any other comment from other sifus?

adios

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
gringo dude,

well..u r welcome...i've been where u are now b4.....haha
anyway...if u r going for 2WD yeah..then u'll have to locked to stock 4WD gbox then...
most locked them to the FWD...except for.."ahem" some monsters that runs RWD...

crashvenom dude,

yeah the NAP announcement earlier this year seriously thrashed the PV6 value badly....

Gringo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2006
Tuned,

what is the downside of locking the gearbox.....? Any trouble....problem in the long run? ie maintenance....?

cheers

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
gringo,

there isn't really a downside about locking the gearbox to FWD....unless the workshop does a bad job locking it....else...it works just like any other FWD gboxes except its a lil' heavier....the fact is, most proton rides which converted mitsu turbo-charged engines have got their gboxes locked to FWD....due the approval issues with the JPJ....FWD will get through without any glitch....

some has managed to keep their 4WD layout though...but that's if they got it approved like years ago...in the recent year or two....nope....it'll risk not being approved...

maintenance?...nothing much 30/40k km interval transmission oil change, transmission filter change (if its auto) and clutch change (if its manual)

lan_eterna,

nope no sound...and its not suppose to have any noises though....

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
no ler....how to speak?hehe me dont hv much info wan hehehe :)
me all try and error wan hehehe

galantorian7116

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
KL
Can a VR4 manual transmission be fitted into a PV6?
I heard it is kind of hard to get manual gear box for PV6.........