TEAM HP4G (Honda Prelude 4th Generation

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
sharinling said:
Guys,

HAHAHAHA.....my dream come true. My Nology cable sampai liao. RM880 + Silver RM200.

End of month i going to put that red baby in my car. MUAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Bear,

Where have sell FGK exhaust set for BB1?

* walau buy Nology cable RM880+200 .. wat for u spend so much on plug cable? plug cable does not increase HP,just make "fire" a bit nicer la than stock.. walowey .. cannot believe.. heheheh .. nvm la ur money ma! (sum1 correct me does "plug cable" + add more HP?" .. hehe

* FGK exhaust dun have now. will inform if got.

sharinling

Known Member
Apr 6, 2006
mrbear said:
* walau buy Nology cable RM880+200 .. wat for u spend so much on plug cable? plug cable does not increase HP,just make "fire" a bit nicer la than stock.. walowey .. cannot believe.. heheheh .. nvm la ur money ma! (sum1 correct me does "plug cable" + add more HP?" .. hehe

* FGK exhaust dun have now. will inform if got.
When used with the correct type of spark plug only will the cable work properly. The gains is in HP and Torque at the wheel is across the board 5% to 8%. lets say for every 100hp gain mebbe 7 or 8 hp. good oledi lo.

I remember i read some where on the internet either renault or alfa did a test on nology cables.

Btw, AMOIL going to do a before and after dyno. If no improvement, can throw the cable back to them no charge.

Ah yeah and one more thing, now on my free time i do some serious reading on car mods. There are plenty of things we can do to get more HP, i know i can just put in a turbo kit for more HP, but when i look at it; upgrading the basic's first is important before you move on to turbo. Basic's like intake, exhaust, electronics, ignition all make up the mechanics for your engine to run.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
sharinling said:
When used with the correct type of spark plug only will the cable work properly. The gains is in HP and Torque at the wheel is across the board 5% to 8%. lets say for every 100hp gain mebbe 7 or 8 hp. good oledi lo.

I remember i read some where on the internet either renault or alfa did a test on nology cables.

Btw, AMOIL going to do a before and after dyno. If no improvement, can throw the cable back to them no charge.

Ah yeah and one more thing, now on my free time i do some serious reading on car mods. There are plenty of things we can do to get more HP, i know i can just put in a turbo kit for more HP, but when i look at it; upgrading the basic's first is important before you move on to turbo. Basic's like intake, exhaust, electronics, ignition all make up the mechanics for your engine to run.

Ignition Wires

The purpose of the ignition wires is to conduct the maximum coil output energy to the spark plugs with a minimum amount of radiated electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI). On most street applications using digital computers for engine management control, excessive EMI and even RFI can interfere with ECUs and cause running problems.

There are 3 basic types of conductors used in automotive applications: Carbon string, solid and spiral wound. Most production engines come equipped with carbon string or spiral wound. The solid core types are used exclusively for racing, mainly with carbureted engines because they offer no EMI or RFI suppression. They generally have a low resistance stainless steel conductor. These types are rapidly losing favor, even in racing circles.

The carbon string type is the most common and work just fine in most stock type applications. The conductor is usually a carbon impregnated fiberglass multistrand. Suppression qualities are fine with resistances in the 5K to 10K ohms per foot. They are cheap and reliable for 2 to 5 years usually, then they may start to break down and should be replaced. High voltage racing ignitions will likely hasten their demise.

The spiral wound type is probably the best type for any application. The better brands offer excellent suppression, relatively low resistance and don't really wear out. Construction quality and choice of material vary widely between brands.

NGK makes low priced wire sets which work well in performance and street applications however the terminal ends tend to be a bit fragile.

Magnecor makes excellent quality spiral types with high suppression qualities. These are reasonably priced for the quality you are getting and proven worldwide over many years under extreme conditions.

Some amount of resistance is required along with proper construction to achieve high suppression levels. Resistance is also important to avoid damaging some types of coils and amplifiers due to flyback and coil harmonics. Beware of wires claiming to have very low resistance. These CANNOT have good suppression qualities.

Beware of any wires claiming to increase hp. Ignition wires CANNOT increase hp. As long as the wires that you have are allowing the spark to jump the gap properly, installing a set of $400 wires is strictly a waste of money.

Lately, some truly "magic" wires have come onto the market claiming to not only increase power but also to shorten the spark duration from milliseconds to nanoseconds. As we have seen above, spark duration is determined primarily by coil inductance and coil resistance so these wires CANNOT shorten the spark duration by the amount claimed. The wire resistance has a minimal effect on discharge time because of the high voltage involved. We have also seen above that a very short duration spark is in fact detrimental to ignition because of lower probability.

These same wires claim to increase flame front propagation rates and the ability to ignite over- rich mixtures for more power. We have again seen that once ignited, the mixture undergoes the flagregation process and that the progression rate of the flame front is totally independent of the spark. We have also learned above that most gasolines will not ignite nor burn at air fuel ratios richer than 10 to 1, period, and that maximum power is actually achieved at around 12-13 to 1 AFR so the second claim also has no basis in fact.

These wires use a braided metal shield over the main conductor which is grounded to the chassis. This arrangement offers poor suppression because it does not cover the entire conductor. Any energy leaking out of the main conductor by induction is actually wasted to ground and will not make it to the spark plug. These wires also have very low resistance which as we have seen above, can have a detrimental effect on coils and ignition amplifiers due to severe flyback effects which are normally damped by circuit resistance.

Other claims for these wires include current flows of up to 1000 amps. The current flow in the ignition circuit is determined by the coil construction and drive circuits, not by the ignition wires. Most ignition systems are current limited to between 5 and 15 amps. The most powerful race systems rarely exceed 30 amps. To flow current at 1000 amps, you would require #0 welding cable for the ignition system!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
Shahrinling = might be u interested with NOLOGY Ignition Coil? .. i got 1 for sale. if u want i will sell 2u.. or else i will use it.

Nology Ignition Coil .. (must mod a bit on ur distributor) easy fix.

* i only got nology ignition coil .. but i dont have nology plug cable .. but it would be great if u got 1 whole set of nology plug cables + nology ignition coil amplifier?

The PowerCore ignition coil amplifier increases ignition coil output performance of any inductive ignition system by up to 50%. A hotter, more powerful spark ignites every fuel/air mixture much quicker, more reliably and more efficiently; thus increasing horsepower and torque, whereas fuel consumption and emissions are decreased.

This never before available technology is truly revolutionary and is the most economical way to step up the power of any electronic or points inductive ignition system. Coil rise and saturation time is much shorter.

PowerCore is absolutely essential for high compression and/or high rpm engines, and all lean-burn applications. For maximum horsepower and high rpm reliability, use PowerCore .

PowerCore is the perfect ignition upgrade for vehicles where the ignition coil is incorporated within the distributor, (Honda , Acura, General Motors). Simply connect the PowerCore amplifier to the stock coil and get up to 50% more spark power.

The PowerCore Technology
Think of it as a supercharger for the coil. A supercharged engine (same displacement), makes a lot more power. Same is true for the PowerCore coil amplifier. The coil size stays the same, but the energy that is stored in the PowerCore is supplied to the coil, resulting in added spark energy and higher possible spark voltage. Just like the supercharger, which accelerates engine rpm climbing-rate, the PowerCore accelerates coil saturation time.
What does Nology’s PowerCore has to offer in three words or less? More power, quicker!

If you're not using PowerCore™, you're not going as fast as you could be.

Only for electronic or points inductive ignition systems.Do NOT use PowerCore on CD ignitions.

http://www.nology.com/power.html

* let me know if u interested. thanx

Last edited:

sharinling

Known Member
Apr 6, 2006
yup i using the power core now.

That article on ignition wires i oso got read before, thats why i going to do before and after Dyno before i pay the guy, AMOIL oso say if no increase in HP or Torque they wont sell to me. if no improvement than dun need install. But IF there is an increase from the dyno test's than good for me la.

We cannot really compare nology cable with other ignition cables because nology is a totally different build. We can compare NGK cables with MSD cables because the build up is almost the same but nology is different. The only same thing is that all wires produce spark. Very Strong sparks produces pressure like a bomb exploding. Because there is pressure, it becomes a factor in force. So since torque = piston radius * force (your induction system). Definately will have some gain. People claim in their dyno's can get HP & Torque gain but when I actually think about it, it is not really gain, more like the engine is being pushed closer to its optimum level, something like opening up that hidden power. The more torque the faster and easier your car can fly. I would like to think of nology as an engine efficiency product.

One important thing especially guys like me who use our lude for daily urban and extra urban driving, response is more important (from Sifu Hisha teachings) than power. For me now it is a true thing and i moving into that direction for now and my car in city driving is sooo much more easier, relaxing, more confidence from when i first bought my ride. Tekan little bit, jalan oledi. This one have to kow tow to Hisha lar hehehehehehe.

Bear ar,

Difficult to find FGK distributor leh. More like cannot find at all

The nology powercore is just actually an ignition coil conditioner, this one just give better response and smoother acceleration only. Nology ignition coil is different thing and has to be used with their own ignition module or not the whole setup cannot work properly.

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
talking abt response... i feel like the engine is putting a lot of effort to push the car. maybe old car. or maybe tranny prob... dunno lar

just curious, once again, who is using manual and who is using auto here?

1. hey_guy - 2.0 Auto

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
hmm.. hard 4 me 2 say la.. coz looks like ur into more into "electrics/electrical" concepts. more spark more fire thingy..

nvm.. just let us know what is the outcome for it .. before n after dyno result when u fix the nology plug cable.

fyi . i daily driven my lude also. city,town,highway journey.. but after fixing the mugen ecu chip,redyno n retune vafc,i will not use the car. will use when my off day,club meetin,TT's n etc2. or else just use it like b4.. hahaha..

for FGK .. if u wan only got 4x2x1 extractor la.. whole piping dun have. u need to find at h/cut ..

like thomas he's using fgk fujitsubo middle till back box complete pipings.

louismhc

Known Member
Oct 3, 2005
Ho Chi Minh
Hahaha...i'm totally not understanding what u guys talk. Lol........:X-:

Hisha bro; when yam cha time explain to me please :_: Thanks for your info about the quick release. :_:

Sharinling; if u go amoil there call me up coz i also wanna go jalan-jalan there and visit my fren if i'm free, coz my fren working in there (Amoil Motorsport [Sunway]). Thanks :_:

Last edited:

jcyex

Jun 22, 2006
2- 2.2 auto

i share louismhc's lack of understanding on the nology cable and ignition coil thingy. what's the conclusion?? good or not? rm1000 on cables is a little crazy man.
how is the mugen chip going for u bear? any improvement?

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
jcyex said:
2- 2.2 auto

i share louismhc's lack of understanding on the nology cable and ignition coil thingy. what's the conclusion?? good or not? rm1000 on cables is a little crazy man.
how is the mugen chip going for u bear? any improvement?
* yeah me too.. 1000 for plug cables?.. erghh.. VAFC / Emanage sounds good than a plug wire.. hehe..

* chip is in process,only needs my freetime to rechip. after that i will redyno retune again.. Mugen Chip + VAFC.

louismhc

Known Member
Oct 3, 2005
Ho Chi Minh
mrbear said:
* yeah me too.. 1000 for plug cables?.. erghh.. VAFC / Emanage sounds good than a plug wire.. hehe..

* chip is in process,only needs my freetime to rechip. after that i will redyno retune again.. Mugen Chip + VAFC.
Bear, when u plug ur mugen chip. Can let me rev ur car?! I wanna test the rev of ur car, no need jalan on the road. While we all have TT then test can ar?! :_:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
louismhc said:
Bear, when u plug ur mugen chip. Can let me rev ur car?! I wanna test the rev of ur car, no need jalan on the road. While we all have TT then test can ar?! :_:
* can can no prob. still in work progress. not yet finish.. slowly2.. hehe.. trial n error.

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK
louismhc said:
eh yours is auto meh? not manual ah?

i think u need to adjust your idle valve after u plug and unplug your ecu. so get ur tools ready.

i've just got mine from http://phearable.net two weeks ago!! check it out guys. they only do OBD1 manual.

vtec is set to launch at 5000rpm, no speed limit... hmmm!!

after putting this ecu my fuel consumption improves tremendously and power needless to say also improves a lot.

last tank recorded 550km for rm90 fuel, that is about 0.165cents/km. used vtec almost 8 times and speed did go beyond the max 180kmh needle.

anyone wanna try mine? hehehe... manuals only.

Last edited:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
JuizeeeBrain said:
eh yours is auto meh? not manual ah?

i think u need to adjust your idle valve after u plug and unplug your ecu. so get ur tools ready.

i've just got mine from http://phearable.net two weeks ago!! check it out guys. they only do OBD1 manual.

vtec is set to launch at 5000rpm, no speed limit... hmmm!!

after putting this ecu my fuel consumption improves tremendously and power needless to say also improves a lot.

last tank recorded 550km for rm90 fuel, that is about 0.165cents/km. used vtec almost 8 times and speed did go beyond the max 180kmh needle.

anyone wanna try mine? hehehe... manuals only.
= my chip is only for auto only.. OBD1 p13 ecu. not for manual. hehe..

= after n b4 vafc also. my fc same .. rm90 450km. but after vafc feels the power more n worth every fuels.. hehehe..

= diff la if stock ecu .. open vtec can c the fuel bar drop 1 by 1 .. but after fix vafc,dyno n tune .. 10 times open vtec all the way also not even 1 bar drop.. heheh

= basically my project is .. mugen chip + vafc to combine. still in progress

= eh since u work in cyber oso like me. wats ur driving range of speed n which lane??

= for me .. from shah alam till cyberjaya .. 3rd lane highway .. 90km-100km.. crusing. i can get bout 450km max for rm90-95 ... 7-8-9 days.

= i know auto fc n manual fc diff. but would like to compare with ur fc

= btw ur chip. any sensors been disable? such as knock sensor,this n that sensors/? coz my mugen chips only disable EGR.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience