Dreadlock your hair now!

All Other Stuff

Dreadlock your hair now!

ahrtheohs

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
wanna dreadlock your hair? wanna look like bob marley before raya?
price too high in salon? price can get up to 100 bucks per hour?
minimum hours is 5 hours and that cost you rm500 atleast to dreadlock your hair?
i have a friend of mine,he charges rm300 for dreadlock + the extension.
location gombak. pm me if you want to dreadlock your hair!
thanks

gaok

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
waaa..50 bucks aaa???where aaa???how about cornroll???

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
contreasjun27 said:
so expensive...i help u find ppl do dreadlock oni 50 bucks nia...lolzz
can you elaborate more ? rm50 is dirt cheap
dreadlock is not that easy man

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Dreadlocks is not just a hairstyle, it's a lifestyle. It's not a hairstyle that comes overnight .. Or using other people's hair and glueing the shit to your own (known as extension) and saying it's dreads.

There are more meaning to Dreads then just having it on ur head and thinking "oh i look cool !" .. there are much more to just carrying Dreads around, Rhastafari comes to mind and so if anybody wants to get Dreads just to look cool, you might as well not do it... posers.

sorry if i offended anyone.

athrheoh : this post is NOT directed to u ok dude? It's to the general public which i see lately are getting Dreads by just paying ppl in saloons with money but in the end dunno wtf Dreadlocks are really all about.
I only saw this thread of yours after i replied u in PM. Thats why i got abit pissed..

peace out bros.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
well da 50 bucks is really those negro they do themselves wan...so they wan to find extra allowance they help ppl do also...u any kind of style and design as u can see in those NBA players also they can do it for u

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
overseas might be ok to do dreads since the weather is cold and you hardly sweat, do dreads in msia and ur hair will be stinking smelly, dont think you can wash ur hair if you have dreads.

SaDeLlIx

Known Member
Dec 4, 2005
nitrus said:
Dreadlocks is not just a hairstyle, it's a lifestyle. It's not a hairstyle that comes overnight .. Or using other people's hair and glueing the shit to your own (known as extension) and saying it's dreads.

There are more meaning to Dreads then just having it on ur head and thinking "oh i look cool !" .. there are much more to just carrying Dreads around, Rhastafari comes to mind and so if anybody wants to get Dreads just to look cool, you might as well not do it... posers.

sorry if i offended anyone.

athrheoh : this post is NOT directed to u ok dude? It's to the general public which i see lately are getting Dreads by just paying ppl in saloons with money but in the end dunno wtf Dreadlocks are really all about.
I only saw this thread of yours after i replied u in PM. Thats why i got abit pissed..

peace out bros.

Waa gwan brejin evy thing sweet eh? lifestyle becoming a style... blaad.. let em have some crack ehhh.... one love... bless.. seen.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
mu24 said:
dont think you can wash ur hair if you have dreads.
get your facts right , my friend.

Before you try to preach about something you don't know nuts about..

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
sorry, that was what i heard from someone who has dreads in NZ

no offense, do tell me more about it, cuz i would really like to know.

Phujywara

Apr 12, 2005
Yea I do know. But it's in Melaka. 1 of my girl friend's from Africa. ANY TYPE OF DESIGNS, considered it done.

Expect to pay between Rm50-Rm100.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
I just done my dreads in Bali (at a tattoo/dreadlock studio). My front hair length was until my mouth, and it costed me RM220 for a 4.5 hour session.

No glue or wax used, just hooked needles, and pure skill from the bro there. Needless to say, hair is totally washable, but try to wash once or twice a week instead of everyday so that the dreads are tight and to avoid loose/frilly hair.

Maintenance is quite easy as I can buy hooked needles from knitting shops and use it to poke loose hair back into the dread.

After 1 year.. well.. need to redread the bottom parts, another visit to BALI !!

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
strangex : Dreadlocks are memang washable bro. Heheh or did you just found that out when u did ur dreads?

You can learn to maintain your dreads yourself actually, you don't need to go back to Bali to get it done again :)

Just palm roll your dreads or use wax whenever you feel your dreads abit dry, wax the roots and palm roll.

As for me i'm kinda sien of palm rolling or using wax sometimes, gets my hands dirty LOL! So I just do it whenever I'm free..

Don't worry too much bout the roots or (redread) them, roots will eventually dread themselves, dont need to spend more money money money..

Just wash your hair whenever you want to, trust me man.. Unless you can really tahan once a week then its ur choice. I wash mine every other day, cannot tahan. And washing your hair actually helps ur hair dread better coz if u dont wash it gets oily (like normal hair) ..

But please pelase don't use those conditioner or normal shampoo they're selling at Watsons, etc.. You'll kill ur dreads.

If it's loose just use that needle thing and hook them back in. Nice!

Hope this helps.. and save some money for u too lol! Welcome to the real dread family :) Unlike those damn hair extensions lala-chais.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Lala-chais got do dreads?

I just noticed that some of my dreads have some spikes sticking out... kinda stiff to pull it back into the dread. Should I cut it off? Or ... how to remove those spikes?? Look like cactus.

The bro told me not to wash it this first week or 2 just to let my hair harden and tighten up the knots. Then after that can wash every other day but best is like twice a week (but of course gotta wash after soccer, etc).

Btw, what shampoo do you use??

PS: I am loving my dreads!!! First 3 days of sleeping is total nightmare. Now it's fine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have all seen some pretty amazing drift machines in our time, but a classic Mercedes W123 Wagon drift machine? That really is something, here's a great video of one of the most unassuming drift cars in the world. And its a diesel! Not much else is known about the car except that it sounds good and drifts well. And props to the driver with mad skills. A must watch.

<object...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience