sohkanei

Sep 6, 2004
yeh........
we have 10sec car.......
woh!!!!!!

This report is fanstastic!!!!!!!!!!

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
Originally posted by glee+Oct 28 2004, 09:44 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glee @ Oct 28 2004, 09:44 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2jzgte@Oct 28 2004, 09:31

1 more thing, the fastest time - is it 9.077 or 9.099?? i believe this is the ET right??
if it is RT + ET, then does it mean Panya launched the car within 0.022 sec????
panya ran the fastest time of the day at 9.099 secs, but that time was set during the semi-finals. in the Quarter finals, he ran a 9.303 secs.

in the final eliminator run, he clocked 9.462. It was actually the worst run he did in the entire final step ladder. Btw, i don't believe he missed 3rd gear. if he did, the split between both cars would not have been 0.058 seconds. Missing a gear would have guranteed him losing the race by a wider margin. Everything above happened in only a blink of an eye.

The most amazing thing is, both drivers were fantastic with their reaction times, with panya doing it in 0.981 secs, and lim in 0.878 secs.

For the fastest time of the day set by Panya in the semi-finals, he had a reaction time of 0.945 secs, ET is of course 9.099 secs, with a trap speed of 239.990 km/h. [/b][/quote]
well gary, it is up to you whether you believe he missed the 3rd gear or not, but i heard it from the horse's mouth after the race and i was at the rooftop watching the the race, it seems real to me that he missed a gear because in a blink of an eye, Lim's evo catch up the 3 car's distance at the 200m mark.

anyway, it is only Panya himself is in the car during the race and he is the only 1 who knows whether he missed the gear, but from the looks of it, it sounds true to me.

if you look at the time he clocks, he started with running 9.3 in the quarters, then 9.0 in the semis, BUT then clocked 9.4 in the final when he claim that he missed a gear.

anyway, he did explained how he run the car to get those time but HE is the 1 who tells, we're all just listeners.....

anyway, if Panya is not telling the truth, then maybe Lim's side of the story would probably be -- "i was losing by 3 cars' distance, so i boost maximum 2.8 - 3.0 bar to cath up, phew, thank god i won the race"..... possible right??? hehehehee

glee

Known Member
But i'm sure yourself as a driver have missed gears before, and i think that missing a gear will not lose him .3 or even .5 secs, he would probably miss 1 to 3 secs if he did.

lim's fastest time of 9.507 secs is only 0.408 secs split from panya's fastest time of 9.099. Thats a blink of an eye.. and you're not even going to get a 3 car length in difference between both cars at those times. and the final run split was even closer, at 0.058 secs.

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
gary, i do not really wanna elaborate further because it is pointless for us to argue here.

anyway, all i can say is, the time that does not makes sense to you - it is the wonder of NOS.

and i may be wrong, but from my observation in the sepang drag battle - where they display the time immediately after the car cross the line BUT AMF quartermile clash didn't, when 2 cars go head to head, at the finishing line, a car that loses 0.4-0.5 sec is losing at 4-5 cars' distance. and if it is 1 sec, it will be like 50 meters..... this is because they are travelling at 200kmh and above.

if you watch F1, you can see that the guy at the back tailing at at 0.3 sec is still about 20 meters (4-5 cars' distance) away.....

of course when you drive at a speed of 80kmh, 1 sec deficit is only half a car's distance..... it all depends on the speed that the object is moving.

anyway, lets look forward to the next race and hope to see more interesting race.

glee

Known Member
wah.. relak lah brudder,, we're not arguing are we? dunno why everytime 2 people discuss different points of view in a forum, everyone automatically assumes its an argument.

and i do agree with what you say about higher speeds, distance between cars seem further, but closure time is quicker, etc. but the split between them in the finals is only 0.04secs+ on ET, i still think the gap shouldnt be 3-4 car length, considering both cars were also travelling at over 230 km/h.

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
A very good and interesting write up.. i think u are right glee.. for the qualifying first round i actually missed the 3rd gear and my time was 13.3 the second run i did a 13.1 without missing the gear.. so if panya were to miss a gear he would have at least loss 2 sec flat... and as a rule of thumb 0.5 sec for drag racing is a round 1 car length at around 200kmh...

2jzgte the difference for f1 involved is due to the fact that both cars actually exit the corners at different time and so opens the throttle at different times thats why their 1 sec seems so far away.. if for drag, both the cars start beside each other and therefore the distance is not that far...

Anyway is it possible that the other participants be able to actually check their reaction time and et and rt times as well.. i would like to know mine too as my time was actually slower than the third guy in class C... weird???? :blink: :blink:

chee wah

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
my dear fren, discussing on different point of view means arguing - but it can be in a good manner ma..... dont worry, nothing serious.... i'm sure we're all here to look for more exciting race but not to look for a fight.... ZTH members are not barbarian....

anyway, when i mention 3 cars' distance, it was from starting line till 200m, after that, wat i can see is they are side by side until the 400m.... so your 0.04 sec = side by side is right.

its only that we do not have a 200m split time in drag racing...hehehee... so we won't know the timing at 200m.

1 more thing, next time put up the time display board la, then the spectator can see the time ma, if not we all have to wait for the stupud DJ/MC who knows little bout car --that tell us a nissan 200sx is a RX-7 about the result - which we all doubt what they say is true or not, see, even the fastest time that cost RM 10k was reported wrongly.... everybody thought it was 9.077 but thank go you officially tell us it is 9.099. :P

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
Originally posted by 1339@Oct 28 2004, 11:20
A very good and interesting write up.. i think u are right glee.. for the qualifying first round i actually missed the 3rd gear and my time was 13.3 the second run i did a 13.1 without missing the gear.. so if panya were to miss a gear he would have at least loss 2 sec flat... and as a rule of thumb 0.5 sec for drag racing is a round 1 car length at around 200kmh...

2jzgte the difference for f1 involved is due to the fact that both cars actually exit the corners at different time and so opens the throttle at different times thats why their 1 sec seems so far away.. if for drag, both the cars start beside each other and therefore the distance is not that far...

Anyway is it possible that the other participants be able to actually check their reaction time and et and rt times as well.. i would like to know mine too as my time was actually slower than the third guy in class C... weird???? :blink: :blink:

chee wah
my dear friend, check your time carefully, 13.3 and 13.1 is 0.2 sec not 2 sec..... :huh: :unsure: :unsure:

and when i say f1 cars' distance as example i am referring to the main straight speed trap when both cars are travelling at full throttle, not exiting corners....
:P

glee

Known Member
your final run:
comp. number: C39
RT: 0.891
ET: 13.099
trap speed: 173.900km/h

your opponent:
comp. number: C5
RT: 0.759
ET: 12.627
trap speed: 182.130km/h

C39: 2nd round
RT:0.941
ET:13.165
speed:174.100km/h

C39: 1st round
RT:1.057
ET:13.098
speed:175.570km/h

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
Sorry for the confusion..

anyway at the straight road u need to rely on the exit also.. yes both the cars are on full throttle but then how often do they get to open their throttle at the same time in the track... :D :D

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
Originally posted by 1339@Oct 28 2004, 11:46
Sorry for the confusion..

anyway at the straight road u need to rely on the exit also.. yes both the cars are on full throttle but then how often do they get to open their throttle at the same time in the track... :D :D
1339, the point is not about who floor the pedal first, the point is that you set a line across the road, the first car travelling past the line at 240kmh, then the second car past the point at the same speed but slightly later say 1 second, what is the distance???

same experiment, but the cars are only traveling at a speed of 50kmh, then you compare the distance.....

simple as that.... you will see that 2 cars travelling at 240kmh, when the second car touch the line, the first car is already far away even though it is only 1 second deficit.

but the 2 cars travelling at 50kmh, the second will be just at the bumper (or maybe at the rear window) of the first car.....

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
TOP FUEL - Tony Schumacher, Long Grove, Ill., 4.455 seconds to David Grubnic, Ennis, Mont., 4.639 seconds, 2003 Auto Club NHRA Finals, Pomona, Calif.
FUNNY CAR - John Force, Yorba Linda, Calif., 4.697 seconds to Tony 7artone, Manhasset, N.Y., 4.862 seconds, 2004 CARQUEST Auto Parts Nationals, Joliet, Ill.

4.45....seconds???

:huh: :huh: :huh:
faint liao loh...

ithink all done in first gear...

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
2jzgte u are rite. i do agree that at 240kmh the distance is around 66metres for 1 sec and at 50kmh the distance around 13 m per sec. therefore the distance is further when the speed is faster if u are putting a line across the track.. i miss read what u typed for the previous article thats all.. sorry.. :) :)

Glee thats for d class mine is c. c39... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by 1339@Oct 28 2004, 12:43
2jzgte u are rite. i do agree that at 240kmh the distance is around 66metres for 1 sec and at 50kmh the distance around 13 m per sec. therefore the distance is further when the speed is faster if u are putting a line across the track.. i miss read what u typed for the previous article thats all.. sorry.. :) :)

Glee thats for d class mine is c. c39... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
pls recheck the times posted now. ;)