Faced ANY PROBLEMS with your City Lately???

Js_CityVtec8363

Aug 24, 2006
Hey guy's would like to enquire have you guys face any problem with your Honda City lately. Mine is a Vtec version and the engine is making some kind of funny sounds above 5000Rpm. Any one came across?? The service centre checked everything even changed the bearing but the problem still occur. What is my next step? I've been sending in my City to the workshop for a tonnes of time. the problem comes out one by one.:sad_smile:

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Is the sound from the VTEC engagement point.

Js_CityVtec8363

Aug 24, 2006
Sorry Man!!!

Hey guys, bad news for Honda City owners. I've checked with one of the technicians in honda and they say that one of the part in the engine section need to be replaced. It will break down for most of the City. Most of them detected after the warranty as it goes by mileage. The sound is above all those. The tak tak tak is normal, vtec sound also normal but above those. There is a surround sound from my engine. They have already replace it for me again after my repair this time.:confused_smile:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
poor little city. On going problems still with the CVT transmission, now add few more mechanical problems. That is main problem is buying CKD cars...most of the time, any brands not only Honda.

Maybe thay y if u notice no City in S'pore. I think the S'porean RTD already knew that City is kind of 'defect' la.

Unfortunately on M'sian willing to RM80k++ for this kind of car. Poor us & the City!:(

Js_CityVtec8363

Aug 24, 2006
funny sounds

cannot imagine 80k car can turn out like tat huh... idsi i'm not so sure coz the last time i checked the sound idsi was so much louder but there were no complains, unbelievable. i'm not sure how much it cost coz mine was under warranty. u need to refer back to ur car dealer. sorry to inform u guys about the bad news.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
it would be helpful of you to describe this so called "funny sounds".. you don't expect us returning to the service centre complaining about this matter without being able to describe and explain the situation right?

and also tell us what we should do to demonstrate this situation (whilst driving? during standstill? revving up whilst driving? what gear, etc)..

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
js,

would u be kind enough to tell us the part that they replaced?

Js_CityVtec8363

Aug 24, 2006
Dear All,

Sorry for the late reply dude... Hmmm... the sound is like a whistle above. When u accel, ur Vtec will be quite loud. Above that you could hear another sound. While u r idle u can hear birds whistling also but it's just very minor. if u tell the honda ppl they will try to say NO!!! unless u insist ur car being checked by a few service advisors. I was lucky to find a good one who help me. But the bad news is he is fired for leaking out the news. Now my gear box is making funny sounds in the morning. Damn unlucky man. yet to check wat's the problem. For I-dsi models i'm not so sure, my previous technician just kept quiet comparing both the cars. They can't tell much to tell u the truth. Have a nice day!!!

Js_CityVtec8363

Aug 24, 2006
Ps.

They said the bearing of the engine, i'm not so sure about it. just 1 round item from the engine. I got no idea wat else they change because i've send in my car for 2 times which took about a week each. quite stressful as HONDA MALAYSIA don't cooperate to give you a courtesy car as there are too many honda's breaking down now a days as they mention especially new models. wonder why?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone got any contacts? wanna re wrap a momo steering wheel. anywhere around KL and PJ.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience