Oil Pressure Switch Sensor (B16A2)

Black^Mugen

Aug 18, 2005
PeeJay
Oil pressure switch sensor...May i know its functions?..got ecu error codes on this one..some say just change the sensor, may i know the price and if the sensor is broken, is it still safe to engage vtec?

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
The VTEC oil pressure sensor is very hard to get spoilt. Maybe it's due to a loose wiring or connection. I had the same problem before but everytime I just simply unplug the wirings from the ECU and plug it snugly back in again.

For my case, everytime the checklight lights up due to the oil pressure sensor, VTEC will not engage at all. Just check your wiring before u change the sensor.

Black^Mugen

Aug 18, 2005
PeeJay
Thanks crower..prob solved...no more error code but still sumtimes vtec wont engage.The wiring is good, ground good, solenoid good, now I am going to check the oil pressure but don't know how..

Black^Mugen

Aug 18, 2005
PeeJay
no..it happened after i changed my bottom end (block)..the ecu threw an error code (22) but i think most of us had experienced this before so i just did wat crower75 said plus an oil change then everything goes well...

mark_andrews

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Oil pressure switch sensor...May i know its functions?..got ecu error codes on this one..some say just change the sensor, may i know the price and if the sensor is broken, is it still safe to engage vtec?
I also got this error codes right now.. I know this is late but can I ask what is did you do to fix this? I'm just no idea on how to fix it right now. Really appreciate a response. Thanks.. :idea:

Last edited:

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
Check dip stick - Got oil or no more oil
If got oil, check if can go into VTEC mode. - Kenot means oil pump not giving enuf pressure
All ok change oil pressure switch sensor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

actually this question i know is very mad to hear that!but i really hv an idea to put EJ20 to a TA22 celica's...cause maybe is the engine sounds very "cun" so got this kind of idea lo...any body can help me or not?if i really wan get this engine inside how much ireally need to spend?means that how much labour fees i need to pay...normally change h/c ppl charge 1500 someting right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience