BMW E30 !!!

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Originally posted by zerocool+Oct 5 2004, 13:11 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zerocool @ Oct 5 2004, 13:11 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zidane@Oct 4 2004, 08:10
Tons of guys have put an SR20 inside and JPJ still approve. Just make sure that the car is safe.

Personally, i prefer and SR20. Maintenance wise is cheap.

One of the BIG guys at my place had to replace his gb of an original E30 and it cost him abt rm18k.

I didn't ask him for detail coz don't really know him.

But the gb i heard can fetch from RM7k.

When u change to sr20, u maintain the gb of nissan. plus parts for nissan are very cheap and easy to find.

But if u prefer the original engine, try to find the earlier model which is much cheaper to maintain (ie the engine) than the newer ones.

Choice is yours.
Wow!!! Nice E30, Reali long intercooler there. BMW M POWER with TURBO kit. LOOK GANAS. i wish that car is mine :D
that wats i like E30. hehe.... classic but nice...

gb E30 cost 18k, crazy man!!! almost can buy a 2nd hand E30.. hehe
If throw in a SR20 engine, how bout da mounting or just sit nicely into engine bay.
how much does SR20 halfcut cost?
Using oem engine, wonder how hp it got, if good enough then i just modding it.

does da M series has 2.0 liter or 2.5 liter up? does anyone know how much 4 da M series engine? [/b][/quote]
tHIS IS A QUOTE FROM A GUY who put in an RB20 into a BMW 5 series. 1980 -1984.

Engine Price =RM2300
Installation = RM2000
SparePart like host and gasket and much2 more = RM1000
Performance Stuff like Air Filter K & N 6 inci and BOV R2D2 and Pivot Baby Turbo Timer = RM1000

Pls take note, cost for jpj registration i m not sure inclusive or not but tons of ppl have done it. and many have jpj approval

The price of an SR20DET...I seriously can't remember. It would have been my favourite car project if i wasn't gonna settle down.

recently, My bro did a conversion from 190E merc to a Merc 2.6 engine(can't remember the model). The 190e's gb was goin konk so he was depending on the new GB. Unfortunately, that gb is also konk. Now it's an expensive error to correct.

True BMW fans will never accept a jap engine inside it.

Me? I go for creativity and cheap maintenance and then power. SR20det can also be tuned to a powerful reliable racing engine.

One friend's friend got a lexus in a BMW engine. To me that sucks but it's also creative.

It all depends on how ppl look at it.

But how u look at it is all different.

Go and try out an sr20det engine in an E30.

Maybe you'll love it. Maybe the power is enuff.

Nissan performance parts are always available unlike BMW.

zerocool

Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by Zidane@Oct 7 2004, 17:10

The E30 comes stock with the 4 cyl M10, M40, M42 (DOHC) or S-14 M3 (DOHC) engines. Also it came stock with the small 6 cyl M20 in 2.0L, 2.3L or 2.5L. There have been folks that have fitted the 5'er big six M30 engines (Alpina to name one of many) and other folks have fitted the S50 & S52 M3 engines. Even the M60 V8 has been fitted to an E30. So, there are many options

One thing to consider though is the weight of the engine........so most folks looking for a massive jump in power choose the S50 & S52 M3 engines of the E36 model since they only weigh appx 50lbs more than the stock M20 6 cyl E30 engine.

Good luck, and you will not regret buying an E30

tHIS IS A QUOTE FROM A GUY who put in an RB20 into a BMW 5 series. 1980 -1984.

Engine Price =RM2300
Installation = RM2000
SparePart like host and gasket and much2 more = RM1000
Performance Stuff like Air Filter K & N 6 inci and BOV R2D2 and Pivot Baby Turbo Timer = RM1000

Pls take note, cost for jpj registration i m not sure inclusive or not but tons of ppl have done it. and many have jpj approval

The price of an SR20DET...I seriously can't remember. It would have been my favourite car project if i wasn't gonna settle down.

recently, My bro did a conversion from 190E merc to a Merc 2.6 engine(can't remember the model). The 190e's gb was goin konk so he was depending on the new GB. Unfortunately, that gb is also konk. Now it's an expensive error to correct.

True BMW fans will never accept a jap engine inside it.

Me? I go for creativity and cheap maintenance and then power. SR20det can also be tuned to a powerful reliable racing engine.

One friend's friend got a lexus in a BMW engine. To me that sucks but it's also creative.

It all depends on how ppl look at it.

But how u look at it is all different.

Go and try out an sr20det engine in an E30.

Maybe you'll love it. Maybe the power is enuff.

Nissan performance parts are always available unlike BMW.
Thank 4 da info man. help alot....
Till now still considering getting an E30... hehe :D
always scared of da maintainance cost.
but wat 2 do, i like E30 & it suit my budget. :D
Still young & Still dangerous.

How is the stock E30 performance?
0-100? hp?
hehe.....................

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
If u read the mag KERETA, the editor stated once that all cars that they showed in their mags are road legal and JPJ approved.

That's d reason y they didn put the Waja PERT in.

Some of the cars that i remember that they published

Mitsu galant with a nissan engine
Toyota Corona with a nissan engine
I cannot remeber whether they were CA18DET or RB. But they were turbos.

can't remember the other cars but they have tons.

So changing mountings are not legal but make sure they are properly done.

My uncle's workshop has a Jaguar. The 3.4l I think. But it has a nissan langly engine.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
I once had a soft copy of JPJ's rules and regulations about a yr ago. Can't remember where i put the thing. Anyway, an extract more or less goes like this, you have to send your car for thorough inspection if after an engine conversion, you have altered your mounting.

BTW, check the current motortrader. There is a BMW E30 with a nissan RB20 engine inside. JPJ approved.

bohtak

Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
if im not mistaken, jpj has change ther rules recently.. and modifying an engine mount is illegal now... is that true? im not too sure...

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
All i know from the new ruling which i cannot confirm is that 1 car can only have one engine conversion or something like that.

And maybe

u cannot upgrade the engine.

But what i heard are all rumours not in black and white.

Chris E30 Cab

Jun 7, 2004
Originally posted by zerocool@Oct 7 2004, 18:46
Thank 4 da info man. help alot....
Till now still considering getting an E30... hehe :D
always scared of da maintainance cost.
but wat 2 do, i like E30 & it suit my budget. :D
Still young & Still dangerous.

How is the stock E30 performance?
0-100? hp?
hehe.....................
E30 320i has 129hp (for the late model Motronic models)
325i has 170hp and 0-100 in a tad over 8 sec's

These are drivers cars with power kickin in around 3500-4000rpm. Peak Hp is around 5500 for the 325i and around 6000rpm for the 320i.

e30bob

Mar 22, 2004
Pasir Gudang
Visit site
why bother to convert to jap engines? 2.5 litres engine can give you more than enough power to drift. get 1984 model of 325i, its very cheap nowadays. if the M20B25 is not enough, buy an M50B25 halfcut. the feel is different; NA vs turbocharger, 6 vs 4 potters, conti vs jap engines, etc.

too much power from sr20 or rb20, you won't get a good traction on those engines. handling will be very poor. "rojak" engine will give headache sooner or later..

just an opinion to share though..

zerocool

Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by e30bob@Oct 12 2004, 13:36
why bother to convert to jap engines? 2.5 litres engine can give you more than enough power to drift. get 1984 model of 325i, its very cheap nowadays. if the M20B25 is not enough, buy an M50B25 halfcut. the feel is different; NA vs turbocharger, 6 vs 4 potters, conti vs jap engines, etc.

too much power from sr20 or rb20, you won't get a good traction on those engines. handling will be very poor. "rojak" engine will give headache sooner or later..

Ya, 2.0/2.5 liters wit some mod or heavy mod is more than enough, btw i'm a
NA fella :D. Using turbo 4 drifting, it must be drink hell lot of petrol &
nowday petrol aint cheap.... hehehe.. NA save abit..

since alot say aint good 4 japs engine into BMW, so just stick to BMW engine
is da best way ... i tink.

Does any1 here using E30 for drifting?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
actually those bimmer engine can do rojak stroking by using diff series of engine component.

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by zerocool+Oct 12 2004, 17:46 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zerocool @ Oct 12 2004, 17:46 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-e30bob@Oct 12 2004, 13:36

Ya, 2.0/2.5 liters wit some mod or heavy mod is more than enough, btw i'm a
NA fella :D. Using turbo 4 drifting, it must be drink hell lot of petrol &
nowday petrol aint cheap.... hehehe.. NA save abit..

since alot say aint good 4 japs engine into BMW, so just stick to BMW engine
is da best way ... i tink.

Does any1 here using E30 for drifting? [/b][/quote]
I don't really drift the car larr... LSD is difficult to source here in malaysia.

However, I do sometimes do Powerslide U turn. The LSD made it simpler to execute...

And sometimes, i do dump the clutch at hi RPM at the traffic light when it's wet. shiokalingam, both rear tyres spinning to find traction and sometimes needs to correct the steering wheel cause car moving slightly sideways from all the spinning...

:rolleyes:

flyrawk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2004
hey!

just here to put some ideas on what u are trying to do. ;) for me the original feel of bmw is using bmw's engine. no need to pun nissan engine mehh, ive a got frens using rb 25 engine and sr 20 engine...and they had told me not to change the engine bcoz once u chancge it than u got so many problems...saner bunyi sini bunyi...bcoz the balance of the power is very diff. if u want to built the power just change it to 2.7 hartge or maybe alpina engine...and it much better! and that what we call a BMW! ;) and good luck for your future project!

-ultimate driving machine!
www.malatbimmer.com < feel free to surf this page..

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
wah... fly... datang sini bagi advice?

but its true... BMW is not a BMW without the heart... n the heart is the engine... u like Jap engine then stick wif Jap car la.... dun mutilate the car!

u want more power, then port n polish
more than change air filter
change ECu to superchip
still not syiok, get an aftermarket super or turbocharger
still not enuf change bigger engine... mayb a V8 engine?

just my opinion....a conti is a conti car n a jap is a jap car... not the same feeling

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my right rear rim got scratches leh .. my rim color is dark grey .. how much is it to do only one rim? damn my tyre also kena i think .. when i check all 4 tyres .. only this tyre running out of air .. damn ..

tyre tampal can work er? is it posibble to do so? i dont know now .. need to check the tyre again after few days .. if really no air again .. aiyoo .. tyre only run 10,000 km's lah :(

i accidently bang the side just to avoid the pundek mercedez .. :angry: :angry:

afterthat when...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience