Problem with my Wira 1.6

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Hi folks,

I got a problem with my Wira A/B 1.6. See, this car was originally auto, and I just converted it to manual (4G91). Even when it was auto, it had this idling rev problem so I thought it was the auto gearbox. Well, its still there, and it happens more frequently.

Anyhow, the problem comes when I switch on my aircon and I brake the car. It is worst when I brake and corner, as that one usually causes the engine to halt. Before the engine dies, the rpm will act erratically, up and down at the between 0 to 2000 rpm. After that it just dies, unless I switch off the aircon.

The problem became worst recently, when I just installed an Apex'i dual funnel intake filter. But I ran the car for a few days without a filter, and it didn't die as much. Like this, should I just run it without a filter? I used a KNN filter previously, but that got spoilt.

Basically, what I want to do is get rid of the problem once and for all as I don't feel safe driving a car that can die anytime I brake and turn.

So gearheads, please give me any opinion or tips, before I head into a workshop and kena ketuk, and still got the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
its ur alternator or ur wiring.it could also be that ur grounding is not done properly.something to do with ur voltage i think.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Check the below part of your throttle body. There should be a soft rubber below it. square size about 1inch by 1inch. If it's melted means your ISC motor is burnt. If its not then try checking your ISC gear inside. If not broken then its time to find a replacement ISC assembly for your engine. Common problem among Mitsu/Proton engines.

Last edited:

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Thanks for the replies, I'll check it out.

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Apek ni takde problem, keta aku yang problem timing.

Anyway, anyone know why my mounting is so awkward? Aiyo, last time my KNN also spoilt because of this, now my Apex'i also? I have to push it upwards so that the black plastic is resting on the er... hose opening? Before this, the filter element was on the hose opening, and it bent the filter abit.

See how the plastic bit is bent.. is that the air intake?

No idea how to check the throttle body underside though, not quite sure what I'm looking at.
At the moment I have a Votech VS installed. Would installing grounding cables help?

Last edited:

Hashmath

Nov 7, 2005
hei brother,
i own a wira to, but 4g92 auto. i also had the same prob.....first i thot it was my alternator...i changed. the prob wasnt quite solved, next i went to my mec and he said my throttle body is gone. i changed and there wasnt any of this prob nymore. go n check ur throttle body, im 99% sure that is the problem. check it out bro....drive safely!!!

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Hey Hashmath, so your problem was similar like mine? Damn, if its the throttle body, thats around RM800-RM900 right? Thanks for your input.

Hashmath

Nov 7, 2005
no la, its not that high la....its around 500 to 600 ny. if its more than that better becareful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience