BMW E30 !!!

zerocool

Oct 3, 2004
Hi, y'all. I'm new here. :D
i pretty interesting on E30, planing to get my hand on this ride next year.
wat engine suit most, either SR20 or BMW M series engine?
& how about da maintainence cost on this ride?
from wat i read on mag, it say it cannot fix a 6 cyl engine inside due to space, izit?
Hope all sifu's here can help.
feel free 2 give comment. :D
thanks

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
It all depends... it u want to maintain the conti-look n feel or power...

Personally, I prefer to keep everything BMW if possible. Also, it is illegal to mod the engine mountings, which means u cannot put SR20DET anyway...

zerocool

Oct 3, 2004
What if i transplant a M3 6 cylinder engine into E30, would it be too big for it?
bcoz i hunger for power :D & going to be turn it into a drift machine. hehe
it's a FR.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Tons of guys have put an SR20 inside and JPJ still approve. Just make sure that the car is safe.

Personally, i prefer and SR20. Maintenance wise is cheap.

One of the BIG guys at my place had to replace his gb of an original E30 and it cost him abt rm18k.

I didn't ask him for detail coz don't really know him.

But the gb i heard can fetch from RM7k.

When u change to sr20, u maintain the gb of nissan. plus parts for nissan are very cheap and easy to find.

But if u prefer the original engine, try to find the earlier model which is much cheaper to maintain (ie the engine) than the newer ones.

Choice is yours.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by zerocool@Oct 4 2004, 00:20
What if i transplant a M3 6 cylinder engine into E30, would it be too big for it?
bcoz i hunger for power :D & going to be turn it into a drift machine. hehe
it's a FR.
This has been done right here in malaysia. Be prepared to have lots of patience and cash. For less than RM100k - car, half cut, brakes, suspension, tyres, rims - the lot, you can have almost supercar performance. I think 0-100 in less than 6 sec, not sure yet coz that car still has small gremlins to be sorted out. 200kmh is only the car's midrange!

zerocool

Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by Zidane@Oct 4 2004, 08:10
Tons of guys have put an SR20 inside and JPJ still approve. Just make sure that the car is safe.

Personally, i prefer and SR20. Maintenance wise is cheap.

One of the BIG guys at my place had to replace his gb of an original E30 and it cost him abt rm18k.

I didn't ask him for detail coz don't really know him.

But the gb i heard can fetch from RM7k.

When u change to sr20, u maintain the gb of nissan. plus parts for nissan are very cheap and easy to find.

But if u prefer the original engine, try to find the earlier model which is much cheaper to maintain (ie the engine) than the newer ones.

Choice is yours.
Wow!!! Nice E30, Reali long intercooler there. BMW M POWER with TURBO kit. LOOK GANAS. i wish that car is mine :D
that wats i like E30. hehe.... classic but nice...

gb E30 cost 18k, crazy man!!! almost can buy a 2nd hand E30.. hehe
If throw in a SR20 engine, how bout da mounting or just sit nicely into engine bay.
how much does SR20 halfcut cost?
Using oem engine, wonder how hp it got, if good enough then i just modding it.

does da M series has 2.0 liter or 2.5 liter up? does anyone know how much 4 da M series engine?

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
there is at least 1 E30 here in malaysia with the E36 M3 3.0 liter engine... NA 286hp...
add a pair of cams and it'll shoot past 300hp mark.

oh btw, it aint cheap.... ;)
Getting high power from NA is never cheap..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
yeah, that black E30 was superb with over 800bhp. i used to have the idea of big bang for bucks but now its not only SR20DET can do that, u also can egt 5 series engine or old 7 series engine and thn dump into the E30 chasis. woalala....

bohtak

Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
dont waste ur money buying an e30 an plonking in a sr20... u wanna play sr20.. get a s13 or 180 sx la..

Chris E30 Cab

Jun 7, 2004
That black E30 has the big six S38B38 M5 engine with a massive turbo.

The E30 comes stock with the 4 cyl M10, M40, M42 (DOHC) or S-14 M3 (DOHC) engines. Also it came stock with the small 6 cyl M20 in 2.0L, 2.3L or 2.5L. There have been folks that have fitted the 5'er big six M30 engines (Alpina to name one of many) and other folks have fitted the S50 & S52 M3 engines. Even the M60 V8 has been fitted to an E30. So, there are many options :)

One thing to consider though is the weight of the engine........so most folks looking for a massive jump in power choose the S50 & S52 M3 engines of the E36 model since they only weigh appx 50lbs more than the stock M20 6 cyl E30 engine.

Good luck, and you will not regret buying an E30 ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought an evo 3 throttle body. The seller said that it would fit into wira 1.6 and same goes to Perdana sei.

Perdana sei is my car. Currently im using jasma 72mm throttle body which in the end have its sensor broken and i tried installing evo 3 throttle body but the timing/rpm went bursting everytime i start the car, and i'll quickly turn off the engine. And now i've cabut it back.

so... CAN REALLY EVO 3 TROTTLE BODY FITS PERDANA SEI STANDARD ENGINE?

if can, do i need some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience