A noobie question for New Honda Civic '06's owners

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
Hi all,
Just a very simple question, do you guy know how to activate the alarm of the New Honda Civic '06?

I mean like those other cars, in order to activate the alarm, we just need to press the red-button on our remote controller of your own car (is it called remote controller? :confused_smile: sorry, but hope you all know what am i saying :emoticon_U: ) So, that if you are in the carpark, you just activate your alarm then you will know where your car is, just in case you have forgotten where you have parked your car.

Thanks all sifus. :)

By the way, the new Honda Civic '06's remote has only two buttons, which attached to the car key (ignition key). The two buttons are that simple only - lock and unlock T_T. And, there is no sound to indicate (just the signal lights on only) whether you are lock or unlock.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
No one knows? or i have posted it in the wrong section?

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
how's the alaram siren sound when u open the door with alarm activated? Is it honk or special siren? If Honk thats mean there is no siren installed in your car.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
you can get more info from the honda concessionaire where you bought your civic or from the service centre. Anyway... nice car dude. 2.0 or 1.8?

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
evoX2 said:
how's the alaram siren sound when u open the door with alarm activated? Is it honk or special siren? If Honk thats mean there is no siren installed in your car.
mm... i dont know how to explain it...
well, you see, im not sure what sound is it actually. Totally no sound at all! :emoticon_U: I never heard before, not even a Honk (eventually there's a honk, if i press the "honk-button" on the steering :X-: )

amdfaisal said:
you can get more info from the honda concessionaire where you bought your civic or from the service centre. Anyway... nice car dude. 2.0 or 1.8?
Mine is 1.8S. =P Yup, nice car! in term of comfort and stability :regular_smile:

SnooPDoGGY said:
pls go to the SC to setup ur alarm system... it happen to my office's CRV... no tet tet sound...
lol.. no tet tet sound. Ya, i think you are right, maybe need to send it back to SC to have a check. (sigh)

gunter said:
could be passive arming?
What do you mean PASSIVE arming? :cyclops:

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
easy..try to arm the alarm without closing one door, listen how the alarm sound...either honk honk or other siren sound then can determine if extra siren is fitted..just like Avanza only use honk as alarm as well

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hmm... I'm curious about what engine comes with the 2.0 civic 06' that come in malaysia.

Is it generating 160+ hp, or the crippled version like the 7th gen?

916EK

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
i think what he meant is the panic button which activates the siren but not disarm/arm the car.

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
evoX2 said:
easy..try to arm the alarm without closing one door, listen how the alarm sound...either honk honk or other siren sound then can determine if extra siren is fitted..just like Avanza only use honk as alarm as well
Tried before. Nothing at all... No honk, no bark, no scream, no shout... :confused_smile: (i mean the car)

916EK said:
i think what he meant is the panic button which activates the siren but not disarm/arm the car.
yes, what i mean is some sort of the "panic button"..

i show you all.. you all like a bit blur..

I'll do some explanation =)

Ignition Key consisted two buttons- lock and unlock.
It doesnt have this "panic button" :confused_smile: HOw to activate alarm? I think even don't have the panic button still can activate the alarm, right? Dont tell me the alarm system lousy until like that? (cry)

Kyoshiro

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
uchan said:
Tried before. Nothing at all... No honk, no bark, no scream, no shout... :confused_smile: (i mean the car)

yes, what i mean is some sort of the "panic button"..

i show you all.. you all like a bit blur..

I'll do some explanation =)

Ignition Key consisted two buttons- lock and unlock.
It doesnt have this "panic button" :confused_smile: HOw to activate alarm? I think even don't have the panic button still can activate the alarm, right? Dont tell me the alarm system lousy until like that? (cry)
Maybe u can try holding on to a button see whether it'll "shout or scream" anot :_: If cannot then maybe u should really go ask other owners or ask the technician in SC. Oh ya! u can try arm ur alarm then try knock knock on the wind screen or side windows see whether it'll "shout" anot. Thats a way of hearing the sound of ur alarm right?:X-: Anyway, locking n unlocking doesnt have sound 1, just like myvi. I think the alarm system is similar to myvi's.

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
Hold it also nothing happen.. even i knock knock the car didnt scream also? so sad.. by the way, i heard the latest honda accord is out in show room.. will go SC and sun-bin see see the new car. :)

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
Ok, I have got my honda civic fixed the alarm. actually, not fixed (T_T) but the technician there show me how to activate the alarm, is like... he open the window, later he locked the door, and i put his hand inside the car (as the window has opened), then the alarm activated. And, (aiks), i have forgot to ask why my lights flashes 3 times instead of two times (from user manual it supposingly flashes twice only)..
And lastly, he told me, no panic button at all (T_T) so sad, so next time need to remember where i put my car liao (T_T)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

more pictures in the gallery!

The closest prototype to date for the Mitsubishi EVO 10

Enjoy!

ronn
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience