WTB: GTti Engine Kosong

blueteg

Aug 30, 2004
Hi guys,

Really need help. Does anyone have a GTti engine kosong for sale? Or know where I can find a good one? Please don't ask me to go to Alan at Dream Machine, because it is very inconvenient to send my car to that area.

I don't mind going anywhere to get the engine. Please offer me a price, or you suggest a kedai potong and transaction is successful, I can give a small finder's fee.

Thanks from me and my poor sick GTti. :cry_smile:

ntahapahapantah

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
bluetag

if u dun mind going to bkt beruntung, there's one uncle there wanna sell his engine kosong GTti. xhaust also..stailess steel and some other parts/accessories

call him 019-2878388 - malik

i'm not sure whether he already sell the engine

blueteg

Aug 30, 2004
Guys, really appreciate all your help and concern.

ntahapahapantah: Thanks for the info. Will call him in a short while. Is he a mechanic or something? Or an enthusiast, like us?

Speed Demon: Well, a lot of things was wrong with the engine to begin with. But the latest problems came when the engine started burning coolant. Apparently, the block is cracked. Leak is in the cylinder itself, so water will go from water jacket straight to crankshaft area. Because the fracture goes higher than BTDC, Cylinder #2 is compressing water and it all comes out as steam. Smells sweet!

Haven't actually measured the conrods and crankshaft to see if they are bent, but the block definitely gone. Head may be warped or cracked too, but I don't intend on spending money to pressure test it. Just put in a nice engine kosong, change the oil seals and run.

Very very sad. I love that car. It's so personal when something goes wrong.

blueteg

Aug 30, 2004
I just called the uncle (Malik) with the engine. He says he wants to check the condition first before he can offer a price, and he ask me to check prices for engine kosong at kedai potong.I don't know the price lah and because I work 14-16 hrs a day, no chance to check.

Does anyone know roughly how much an engine kosong is?

ali

Oct 16, 2005
Hi
Have 1 at Simpang 4, near a.Setar. rm1.3k. Only head,block and internal parts.
I've been looking for it also, so far still no luck! happy hunting.

tq

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Sorry to hear about that. Looks like your diagnosis is correct. The price range is around RM1K - 1.3K now. And to make things worse, they are pretty rare. I have not been visiting halfcut shops for quite some time now though so good luck in finding one.

Hopefully that Uncle Malik guy can help you.

ntahapahapantah

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
he's actually not really that charade enthusiast like us. Just a normal uncle who happened to owned a charade n wanna know the feel of GTti.

Now his wife always use the car and she dun wan the turbo..so that uncle already finished swap into 1.3 and live happy ever after.. ehehe.

Last time i went there the engine still in gud conditions(used) and all the accessories still intact.

blueteg

Aug 30, 2004
The uncle hasn't called me back. He the problem with the engine was that idle is quite lumpy. He thinks worn camshaft. I'd be quite worried about a worn camshaft because camshafts are forged, so really hard. Wearing a stock camshaft down could indicate other, more serious, problems.

Thanks for the info on the prices. Will keep looking, and keep you helpful guys updated.

Taking the taxi sucks.

blueteg

Aug 30, 2004
Engine is in!

Hi guys.

Just thought you guys should know I finally got the new engine. My mechanic found it. Cost a bomb, because he engaged the help of his runner.

Anyway, I don't really care about the cost anymore, since I'm just relieved the car is running well now. Previously it used to surge, choke and struggle a little. Now it's running standard boost, and everything seems in good order, except the lambda sensor. Still haven't found the right lambda/oxygen sensor.

Just writing to thank all of your for helpful suggestions and tips.

Cheers!